ovary in a bad position - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

ovary in a bad position ovary in a bad position

Unread 03-10-2004, 01:19 PM
ovary in a bad position

Hi Cheryl,

I saw my doctor agaain today. Apparently my right ovary is no longer "free floating" - it has become stuck to the vaginal cuff area. This is what appears to be causing the extreme pelvic pain (excruciating pain during intercourse). Adhesions and more endometriosis are also suspected.

I wonder if this is what could be causing your pain too - that possibly your ovary is not just flopped over but actually stuck. My doctor said the ovaries should have some movement - when they become adhered to something in the abdomen this can cause extreme pain.

Sometimes the ovary can be unstuck but this probably means more surgery. However, there is hope that the ovary can be saved.

I am going to try to be optimistic about my situation - I wanted to try to give you some hope too. We can hope and pray that we are not on this path long.

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2004, 02:49 PM
ovary in a bad position

Hi Lynn--- I'm sorry to hear that yours is stuck.... and yes, I've been wondering if mine is too.

I'm trying not to be paranoid, but at the gym today I was feeling some discomfort and I'm trying to decide if it was the new routine and using my muscles differently........but I have a bad feeling.

the dr seemed to think it was not stuck, but I still wonder.....
he was looking at an ultra sound machine and I'm just not feeling convinced - although when I was in his office I was ok.... can you tell doubts are nibbling at the back of my mind....?

I am monitoring my situation and will have to re evaluate as I do more things..... I have yet to be on my "real" bike since surgery, so that will be an interesting test I'm sure....

I too hope we won't be on this path for too long.....
Unread 03-11-2004, 01:20 AM
re

so if there is no tube for the ovary to be attached to what is it attatched to? My tubes were left in with my ovaries, is it possible they could still flop as you call it.? My doc said it wasnt necessary to take the tubes out at hyst.
Andie x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2004, 10:17 AM
ovary in a bad position

Hi Andie,....
I said I think the tubes were NOT removed

however, I suppose that if the tubes were removed the ovaries would be attached to the ovarian artery, which comes from above the ovary.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register