MARIA COO 22 MARCH MONDAY UPDATE | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

MARIA COO 22 MARCH MONDAY UPDATE MARIA COO 22 MARCH MONDAY UPDATE

Unread 03-06-2004, 03:14 PM
From Maria Coo Saturday March8th

I received this tonight - Maria typed it on her laptop and Adrie sent it to me ......

Dearest Sisters!

I wanted to write and to say that I had my meeting with one of my stoma doctors yesterday, and the next surgery is set for Monday morning, about 8 a.m. I think, my time. So that’s about 12 midnight your time on Sunday night. Please, please pray for me as of course I’m worried, it’s the 3rd one in 3 weeks and I want this one to have a good outcome, because if it does, that means I will only have one more surgery to go, to tidy things up and then I can work of recovery. Please keep my in your thought and prayers. I really need you.

Guess what! God has been so good. Two ladies I know came by to visit me at the hospital this week, as I’m a Christian, I asked them to pray for me and I also shared with them that I needed a little more care and sympathy from the doctors and nurses here. Especially since I live in a foreign country and don’t really have any kind of emotional support except for you guys. I did not want special treatment, but I guess just a little more...care… I have been so frightened and alone lately. It’s hard for me to believe I have not been here in the hospital for 3 weeks as of this coming Sunday and I will have to stay longer. Well, guess what! The nurses have suddenly become really nice and even arranged to find a room where I can use my laptop. I don’t have much energy these days, but wow, just for a few minutes to write to you guys, to see how you are doing and what is happening in your lives, it all means so much to me!!!!

I want to close for now as I need to walk my laptop to the other room, I’m typing in bed as I can’t sit yet. It’s been 2 weeks since the last surgery and I still can’t sit, it really hurts. Did you guys have that experience too? Any suggestions?

Many hugs, my thoughts are with all of you and I love you all. Thanks for being there for me!!!!!

Maria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2004, 03:52 PM
MARIA COO 22 MARCH MONDAY UPDATE

Hi there,

Please let Maria know that she will be in my prayers tomorrow night.

Beth
Unread 03-06-2004, 05:18 PM
Hi Maria

I always look for an update from you. I put you in the prayer book at church again. You know we'll be there in spirit with you (midnight or not) and I hope this goes well so that you only have that one more "cleanup" surgery. As for trouble sitting up, etc.--you have had an awful lot of very serious surgery done that takes a lot out emotionally as well as physically. I had your basic TAH/BSO and stayed 9 days; the following week which was into week 3 I had to have help taking out my trash to the curb as I could barely get it out of the house to the garage. I remember going to the bathroom and still at 3 weeks finding it very hard to get up and down. I was still pretty weak. Don't get discouraged-one day at a time. In the meantime, remember to talk with Adrie about a housekeeper when you get home or start now with the "stand, facing the sink" and discussing dishwashing. You WILL get through this--give yourself time and let all our prayers help you along too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2004, 05:48 PM

Maria:

You've been in my prayers for healing ever since the beginning since you first posted. I am so glad that you're continuing to be able to stay in touch! I know what it means to be alone, so it should help your healing immensely to be able to stay in touch with us! It's clear your husband understands just how important this is to you, bless his .

We will be with you, no matter the hour or day. May G-d bless you with healing -- and with better relief from your pain!

Audrey
Unread 03-06-2004, 07:31 PM

Hi Maria,

Sending you lots of wonderful loving good wishes from me and all of New York!!

May this surgery be the perfect one resulting in a speedy road to recovery.

Be Well...

Rosalie
Unread 03-06-2004, 08:17 PM

Dear ((Maria))), I was so glad to hear about your two visiters and wish we all could come by to see you. It is also good to learn that now the nurses are giving you a little more care. I spent some time in a foreign hospital and, although the language was English, it was unsettling to say the least. Please do not sit much and if it is better write your notes while in bed and let your darling Adrie type them into the computer to send off to us.
By now I hope you know you remain in our prayers. May your upcoming surgery be a complete success so you then you will only have to face the "tidy up" one. You also can be sure that your many sisters will keep you in our thoughts as you face your new operations and will be there in spirit as you begin your recovery. Please rest as much as you can so you will be strong for the operations. Also, as I told my biological sister, who is in the hospital for a serious illness, bother those nurses as often as you need to. Many blessings and s peggiesue
Unread 03-06-2004, 11:29 PM

Maria:

Please know that the "GOD SQUAD" is still praying for you! with all that divine intervention, everything is sure to be OK!

Keep your strength and great attitude. I hope your are getting enough rest, too!

S and God Bless
Unread 03-06-2004, 11:38 PM

Maria, I'm praying for a very successful surgery, for "the peace that passes all understanding" in your heart and for God's everlasting arms to carry you. May you experience an amazing healing.

With love from Canada
Monalees
Unread 03-07-2004, 07:13 AM

Maria,

You can add the New Jersey Benedictines to the God Squad list of those who continue to pray for you!

I think all of us on CC check every day to see posts either from you or from Adrie...and we're so excited to get news of your progress.

Your surgery will be in my prayers...and I pray that the Lord will guide the hands of your surgeon and surround you with His special peace and healing that goes way beyond the medical.

Just think....your recovery is coinciding with spring--and hopefully you'll be feeling better and better as those beautiful tulips begin to open up to the sun.

Blessings.
Marlene
Unread 03-07-2004, 11:20 AM
In my prayers

Maria,

You are in my prayers. A friend called me yesterday afternoon and said to me "You'd be amazed at the power of prayer", the bigger the circle, the better so from the East Coast in the United States, you have someone praying for you!

Warm regards,
Donna
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register