MARIA COO 22 MARCH MONDAY UPDATE - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

MARIA COO 22 MARCH MONDAY UPDATE MARIA COO 22 MARCH MONDAY UPDATE

Unread 03-10-2004, 11:28 PM
MARIA COO 22 MARCH MONDAY UPDATE

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADRIE!!

(((Maria))): When you are up to it, you ought to come to the States and we'll have a group make-up party! I haven't worn make-up in years.

Now you should watch out; those pillow are everywhere!! You keep taking care and use tomorrow to rest up from your work of today. I remember this: I walked down two flights of stairs two days after my hyst b/c I wanted the Sunday paper. That was a LONG nap afterward!

Our prayers continue with you...

Hugs,

Audrey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2004, 05:42 AM

Maria and Adrie, the strong love and bond you have for each other is incredible!! You both have been through so much, and yet
you are able to do the little things for each other and appreciate
your special moments. Yours is a love story that should be
written in a book!! I pray that Maria's health continue to
be restored.
Unread 03-11-2004, 01:32 PM

Adrie just sent a short note tonight -- no surprises, things are just moving along.......in the right direction!

(embarrassed confession --- in a bit of brain fog this morning I set him an email --- but forgot the attachment with the messages !!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2004, 01:41 PM

Go, Maria, Go!

The more walking you can do, the more quickly you will be back to your normal self. I know -- easier said than done when you're recovering from so many invasive surgeries! I wanted to lie there in my bed, but my friends kept trying to make me walk. I know it helped a lot.

You are so sweet to have gone all the way down to the 2nd floor to arrange a nice little plate of goodies for Adrie. It sounds like you two have a wonderful relationship! And yay for makeup! It's amazing what a little makeup can do to brighten your spirits, now isn't it?

On a fun note, I met a guy and have been enjoying the male attention and affection. He's not boyfriend material (recently divorced, lots of baggage, seems to need his own time for a while), but for now, I think we're being good to each other and facilitating a different kind of healing process. Yay for kissing!

XOXOX and many s!
Unread 03-14-2004, 02:55 AM
SUNDAY MARCH 14 UPDATE

Dear Cheryl and Sisters,

It's been some days now since the last update.
After several days of a lot of severe pain it was much better today. Most of the pain comes from infections.
Yesterday nurses came with the idea of using a garden chair to sit in. You know the one you can change the back position. And Maria is sitting in it every day now for some time and quite well. So I brought one of our own, because those are not available in the hospital. They had to borrow one from an other department
Today Maria was also 3 times able to go to a lower floor bij stairs. I must say, from the one time I saw her do it, it seems to be quite simple for her.
Maria was also able to walk better than ever today. I hope this will be a breakthrough.
But we are not there yet. We still not know when there is sight on leaving the hospital. Maria must be recovering very strongly before they will let her go home.
By the way everyday I learn more about nursing, also little steps at a time.
This will be all for now. Thank you for all the support, we both appeciate it.
Love from Maria (and me).

Every day Better and Better.
Be blessed,
Adrie
Unread 03-14-2004, 04:52 AM

Hi Maria and Adrie,

So glad to hear that you are continuing to progress, Maria! And Adrie, you are going to make a great "home nurse" when Maria is finally able to leave the hospital. That's going to be such a wonderful homecoming.

Hope every day brings a little more healing and lots of happiness.

Blessings.
Marlene
Unread 03-14-2004, 01:55 PM

Oh, the power of positive thinking is awesome. Keep up the good work, Maria! Keep being your good self, Adrie. Maria needs you and we do, too.

God bless,
Unread 03-14-2004, 04:49 PM

(((Maria)))

I'm so proud of your progress! It sounds as if you are really doing well. I'm sorry you are still having so much pain. I just can't believe all the things you've been doing recently (sorry I haven't written lately). You go girl! Keep at it!

And Adrie--a belated . I'm glad you were able to enjoy dinner with Maria that day.

's Maria! Get well so you can get home!
Unread 03-14-2004, 04:54 PM
Good News!

You're doing well there, Maria--stairs!!!!! Once you can do that it's a good sign. As I've said before, keep mentioning things like "housekeeper" to Adrie--but he sounds like the type who will figure out a lot of things like that. You keep on making progress and soon you'll be home. With the infectoins clearing, let's hope that pain clears up too, I can just see the notes on the board here when you get ohme--we'll throw a cyber homecoming party for you.
Unread 03-14-2004, 11:04 PM

Maria,

It is wonderful to hear of your progess. You and Adrie are a real inspiration. Hope all those infections clear up and the pain goes away.
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register