My first time down The Road :( - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My first time down The Road  :( My first time down The Road :(

Unread 03-08-2004, 06:41 AM
Boy do understand

Quote:
how do you do it when my body is working against me
Boy I am so sorry that you are going through so much! i can totally understand.
I do the same as suferbabe, I take one day at a time and do the best i can! And i have accepted my illness! I do know that at times it can be so frustrating and overwhelming. Try to find things that help you relax or paper yourself and go have your hair done or nails or sit in a bubblebathe anything!
I some times have to go and speak to my pastor due to i still have trouble accepting at times
Just hang in there! tons of big
love Colette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2004, 06:46 AM
My first time down The Road :(

Aw Lynn although it isn't a path anybody wants to walk, it *is* better to have someone to go along with....

let's hope it isn't a very long path shall we?

Unread 03-10-2004, 01:10 PM

Hi again,

I had the appointment today with my regular gyn doctor. He did another pelvic exam and we reviewed the vaginal ultrasound together. What has happened is that my right ovary shows some cysts that have ruptured and some new cysts that have formed. (The ovary looks polycystic). This is causing some problems but the main problem is because the ovary is no longer "free floating" - it has become stuck to the vaginal cuff area. This is what appears to be causing the extreme pelvic pain (excruciating pain during intercourse). Adhesions and more endometriosis are also suspected. The doctor is optimistic that as some of the cysts rupture this may relieve some of the discomfort and pain. He wants to wait 2 months and do another vaginal ultrasound and pelvic exam to see if there is any change with the ovary and pain. If there is no change in 2 months a lap surgery will be done to see what needs to be corrected and to attempt to unstick the ovary. If the pain gets worse in the next few weeks then the lap could be done sooner.

I am going to try to be optimistic too - I am somewhat relieved that there is hope that the ovary can still be saved and that the pain may go away.

In the meantime, it was also suggested that my DH and I try different positions during sex to reduce the possibility of such extreme pain. Deep penetration is almost unbearable so if we can control that it may help.

I am going to keep my chin up and have hope.

Thank you for all your hugs, support, and suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2004, 02:44 PM

Hi Lynn,
I'm so glad you have a chance to try and keep the ovary-- I hope it doesn't give you too much trouble as those other cysts rupture.

maybe we can give each other tips on new positions to try for avoiding pain??

but seriously, I hope you can manage that side of things too ---

Unread 03-11-2004, 08:13 AM

(((Lynn))),
I'm so sorry to hear you have all this going on It is similar to what happened to me early Post-Op. I had been experiencing a worsening right-sided pain. After much insistence that something was going on BESIDES *healing*, my Gyn ordered an Abdominal & Transvaginal U/S. It revealed a large mass atop an enlarged Ovary, which also happened to be covered with multiple fluid & blood-filled cysts Not knowing the origin of the mass & due to my ongoing pain he scheduled a Lap w/an RSO 5 days later. The mass had me soo worried that it was Cancer because of it's rapid growth, it was not there during my Hyst 12 weeks prior <sigh> Luckily, it turned out to be Adhesions, Scar Tissue, that had formed into a mass & had my Ovary adhered to the *opposite* side of my Vaginal cuff. The surgery itself wasn't that bad, exp. in comparison to my TAH *whew*
Unfortunately, I still have some pretty severe right-sided pain <thot to be from the amount of Adhesions over there> 6-7 weeks later, I had the emergency surgery for 2 Total Bowel Obstructions, in which how severe the Adhesions were <things were plastered together, everything was stuck together, then stuck to sidewall's ect> somewhere along the lines of all that the blood supply was altered to my lone left Ovary causing it to cease functioning. I was then in, what was one of my biggest fears, Pre-Op <reason I retained them in the 1st place> Surgical Menopause...then my Blood clotting disorder was discovered so no HRT :-(
I don't want to concern you further with what happened to me, the now, Chronic pain, Surgical Meno & additional surgery....perhaps, if you do need to have the Lap, you could speak with the Surgeon about further Adhesion prevention, take extra precautions to help preserve/protect the Ovaries blood supply?!? Just some thots that could help prevent these possible risks??
I apologize for getting ahead of things before they even become a reality, more surgery, but I wanted to share so you can research and in turn have a possible advantage!
I pray that things improve with your condition Good Luck ((Lynn))...pls know you have much caring, support & compassion for you here
Pls keep us posted..........((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))
Unread 05-11-2004, 11:31 PM

I have had a 3rd vaginal ultrasound...the right ovary condition has gotten much worse. I am scheduled for surgery to remove the ovary on June 4th.

I have also received results from a MRI on my foot - I have torn and dislocated the peroneal tendon. The podiatrist said it is an extensive surgery. I am going to try and schedule this surgery close to June 4th so I can overlap the recovery period of both surgeries.

It looks like it is going to be a long summer...{{{sigh}}}

Hopefully once these 2 surgeries are done I won't need any other body parts repaired.

Unread 05-12-2004, 04:22 PM

Oh ((((Lynn)))) I'm so sorry you're going through so many things all at once Looking forward to two additional surgeries never is a pleasant prospect . Hopefully you'll be able to overlap the recoveries. However, I remember when my brother did this, several years ago: he scheduled major surgery on his feet, back-to-back. He was barely recovered from the first surgery on the first foot when he had the second surgery on the other foot: that second surgery took a lot out of him, since the first foot wasn't quite healed enough to fully support him Hopefully, the BEST option for you will be the one you end up with
Unread 05-12-2004, 09:30 PM

I was hoping this wouldn't have to come about for you, although I suppose it's a good thing that you've been able to get a relatively quick diagnosis and plan of action. Will they be able to do the surgery laparoscopically? That would help a bit with the recovery time, at least.

The foot thing sounds painful! Have you talked with an orthopedic surgeon too, for another opinion? I know how miserable it is to be walking in that much pain, and maybe someone else would be able to get you in sooner. Just an , anyway...

Big but gentle s,

Audrey
Unread 05-13-2004, 05:44 PM

You have so much going on!!! Big Hugs to you!!!

The best thing you can do is what you are already doing, taking things one day at a time, researching and venting here.

I just lost my remaining ovary and was like you, multiple cysts, endo, adhesions and scar tissue had it twisted and stuck to the bowels ..... ouchy

I don't regret having mine taken out even though I am suffering now with hot flashes and night sweats. I too can't take HRT but because of endo. I am just taking it one day at a time and praying this is the end of the road for me and hopefully I am now on the "exit ramp" of the "road".

Please let us know how you are doing until your day comes at the castle for both surgeries, we are here for you!!!!

jody

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register