elevated liver enzymes | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

elevated liver enzymes elevated liver enzymes

Unread 03-08-2004, 05:37 PM
elevated liver enzymes

I was wondering, I had hysterectomy April 2003, and starting in October 2003 my liver enzymes have been elevated. They go up everytime they check my blood tests. I wonder if it could be due to hormones. I am going to ask my doctor when I go in three weeks. Any info on this? Other than that Im painfree!!!!!! yeah!!!!!!.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2004, 08:18 AM
elevated liver enzymes

Hi,
That is wonderful news about being pain-free What a delight is must be to finally be rid of all the pain

I'm sorry tho to hear about your elevated Liver enzymes...it seems they can be cause by HRT as well <sigh> I dont know alot about how it actually causes this but I did locate a few threads from here where women discussed the same concerns..hopefully, they can provide you with some further insight into this:

I'm sorry I couldnt be of more help:-( I'm sure others will come along shortly to offer some more personal experiences/advice.
Good Luck in finding some answers

((((((hugs)))))))
Unread 03-09-2004, 03:36 PM
elevated liver enzymes

Sheri,

Thank you for your reply. I did look up the websites that you included, thanks. It is frustrating, im not taking any medications or hormones to be causing the elevated liver enzymes. We will see if they go down!!!! Keeping my fingers crossed.

(Hugs)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2004, 04:11 PM
elevated liver enzymes

Your welcome I apologize tho, I assumed when you said *Hormones* that you meant HRT I should've paid more attention I'll look around shortly & see if I can locate some other info NOT related to HRT
Big (((hugs))))
Unread 03-09-2004, 08:36 PM
elevated liver enzymes

Hi dje27,

I had elevated liver enzyme test results recently too. What the doc did was to repeat the test, this time doing what they called fragmenting. The purpose is to determine where the elevation exists. It can be in the liver, the bones, or the intestines.
Once they know the source, they can go from there as each point of origin can indicate different things.

In my case it turned out to be nothing at all. Fragmenting showed it was intestinal, repeat testing one month later showed lowered numbers. Doctor explained that an elevation can be cause by a simple infection that you may not even have been aware of having!

So please don't worry, talk to the doc about the fragmenting, and then retest. It can be really simple & no problem, but you'll feel much better once you know!

Good luck!
Unread 03-10-2004, 06:40 AM
elevated liver enzymes

Hi Dje,

I had a situation similar to what xena described. My liver enzymes were also elevated and the doc repeated the test later and they werw normal. The explantion was that they could have gone up due to a simple infection.
Hope you can get reassurance from your doc as you wait to see if a repeat blood test provides a more normal picture again.

Take care,
Tedi
Unread 03-10-2004, 06:56 AM
Hi Dje

hi I don't have elavated liver enzymes! But I will say a er for you and hope everything turns out ok! I also want to give you some "S!!!! Good luck hun!
Love Colette
Unread 03-10-2004, 07:16 AM
elevated liver enzymes

Thank you all so much!!! This site has been so wonderful. I was real emotional about having a hysterectomy and you all supported me through that time. And I do have to say it was the best thing I could of done. And now with this problem I really appreciate all of you. My liver tests have been rising everytime she takes it. Since October I have had 4 blood tests and each time its raised from the last time. I dont drink, or take medications that would affect this, so its very frustrating. They did mention maybe a liver biopsy, but God I dont want to go through that. Thank you all, you all are wonderful!!!!!
Unread 03-10-2004, 10:36 AM
elevated liver enzymes

Hi - Just wondering if you still have your gallbladder or not. A friend's husband had elevated liver tests at his physical. They checked it again some months later and they were still going up, so they did an ultrasound on his gallbladder and found he had some stones so they removed his gallbladder. I had my gallbladder removed because it did not work, but I had no stones. They had to do a hida scan test for testing the functioning of the gallbladder. Good luck!!
Unread 03-10-2004, 03:01 PM
elevated liver enzymes

I was going to ask you about the gall bladder thing as well. My liver enzymes went up when I had gall stones.

On another thought, my brother has been going through something very similar and even had the biopsy. They have finally diagnosed him with auto-immune hepatitis. They are still deciding how to treat it.

I will keep you in my prayers and hope you find a simple answer.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register