Lymph Nodes | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-09-2004, 09:04 PM
Lymph Nodes

Evening all,

I have a question.
I know that when you have lymph nodes removed, it can cause swelling in that area because of poor movement of the lymph fluid due to not as many nodes to do the work.

Commonly, when pelvic nodes are removed, one or both of the legs may swell.

I am having swelling in the pelvic area. Right on and above the pelvic bone.

Any tips on helping these poor lonely nodes do their job a little better?

Thanks,
nancy j
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2004, 09:32 PM
Lymph Nodes

Hi Nancy,

I kept feeling a lump in my groin and I thought it was a cancerous lump. When I was in the hospital I had the oncologist feel it and he said it was a lymph node. I would talk to the doctor and see what he things it is. In my reading about castor oil packs it says it helps stimulate lymphatic flowing but I would check first with your doctor. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Janey
Unread 03-09-2004, 10:23 PM
Lymph Nodes

Nancy,
i
Here is a site with some info that may help. I had 11 lymph nodes removed but so far have had no problem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2004, 10:27 PM
Lymph Nodes

Hi Nancy,

I do not have any answers for you. I can just comiserate. I also have pelvic and abdominal swelling from lymph node removal. I wish there was something to do. When my foot and ankle swell, I can elevate them. It is kind of hard to elevate the pelvic area. LOL!
Unread 03-10-2004, 08:57 AM
Lymph Nodes

DO YOU THINK PAIN IN LEFT GROIN THAT RADIATES DOWN MAY BE LYMPH NODE? I HAD SOME REMOVED, REST ALL MESSED WITH IN OR. I HAD NOT EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT LYMPH NODES AS CULPRIT. LEARN SOMETHING EACH TIME I'M HERE.
TWANA
Unread 03-10-2004, 09:09 AM
oops

Just realized that I forgot to paste the link in last night's post.
http://www.medifocus.com/guide_detai...ord=Lymphedema
Unread 03-12-2004, 01:53 PM
Lymph Nodes

I'm having something similar but a bit different -- it's not a swollen lymph node, but lymphatic fluid collecting in a pocket in my groin area. My leg doesn't swell -- the only swelling was practically imperceptible, in the groin area.

to Twana -- a CT scan of the pelvis was how my problem was diagnosed. The pain radiated strangely -- not straight down, but seemed like it was starting in my hip/buttock, then down one leg.

Nancy -- and everyone with this kind of thing -- I'd say, tell your doctor.
Unread 03-12-2004, 02:03 PM
Lymph Nodes

Hi Empresse,

I have lymphedema in the groin and pelvic area. But I also have a seroma in my groin area (also picked up on a CT scan). I have been having pain in my hip and buttock area. I have wondered if the groin seroma could be causing it. An MRI also showed edema in the area. He also mentioned a possible hair line fracture of my sacrum from a bone biospy I had a few months ago. Anyway, I see him Tuesday and will ask about the seroma causing the pain. Thanks for posting your experience.

Sharon
Unread 03-12-2004, 02:21 PM
Lymph Nodes

hey, Sharon, I wonder if the technical term for what I have is also a "seroma." I have a call in to my doctor but haven't heard back yet. In any case, this pocket of fluid presses against my sciatic nerve, causing the pain.

tsalagi -- I'm not sure that we have the same problem, but this is what they did for me:

made an incision into the pocket of fluid, inserted a drainage tube, and I'm wearing a leg bag. They have now just begun injecting alcohol into the tube. The theory is that this produces scar tissue within this pocket, and somehow discourages the fluid from flowing into it. Sorry I still don't understand this very well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register