Tummy tuck | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-10-2004, 07:05 PM
Tummy tuck

Has anyone considered a tummy tuck along with a LAVH or TAH ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2004, 11:46 AM
tummy tuck

I think I read a post a week or more ago and someone did it and was glad they did.

I was going to ask about that too. Do GYN surgeons do hysterectomies and tummy tucks? Or do you need 2 surgeons working together?
Unread 03-11-2004, 12:11 PM
Tummy tuck

I asked my OB/GYN to tighten my tummy up while he was down there and help make an ol gal happy (48). I was serious he did not say yes or no, and I would surely like to know if they can and have? Or do we need to get someone else to come in, I am scheduled for surgery on April 5. I have Fibroids, and do fibroids make your tummy bigger?
Sherry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2004, 12:15 PM
Tummy tuck

Quote:
Originally posted by survivorsher
I asked my OB/GYN to tighten my tummy up while he was down there and help make an ol gal happy (48). I was serious he did not say yes or no, and I would surely like to know if they can and have? Or do we need to get someone else to come in, I am scheduled for surgery on April 5. I have Fibroids, and do fibroids make your tummy bigger?
Sherry
Today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday, and all is well.
Unread 03-11-2004, 12:15 PM
Tummy tuck

Sometimes the gyn will do a "mini" tummy tuck, it depends on the DR. Quite often though, they won't and you also have to have a plastic surgeon. Insurance won't cover the cost of the tummy tuck, it's a cosmetic surgery. Any additional time in the OR, along with additional time for anesthesiologist and all the costs associated with the tummy tuck are the patient's responsibility. I've seen a prices ranging from $5000-$10000 for the tummy tuck.
Unread 03-11-2004, 12:44 PM
Tummy tuck

I AM I AM!!!!!! I want this pretty bad! I have an appt. with a plastic surgeon for Tues, I called his office and explained the sit to his office person, that I was getting a TAH, she said that YES this IS something that CAN be done, and this Dr had done it several times before. This is something that they won't OFFER you, so you have to go out of your way to get it done, (I think) Also, I don't know if it will save any money but I really felt kinda terrible aobut going through all that major surgery just for my "looks" (though, I don't see anyhting wrong with others doing it, I just didn't feel right about it at the time) But Now that I HAVE to go under, and I'm going to recoup anyway, having a hot stomach to boot would just be SO NICE! I just hope it's OK with the GYN, the only reason he might tell me "no" is because I had adhesions with my ovary removal. So I am waiting to hear from his office about what he thinks..
Puppet
Unread 03-11-2004, 01:38 PM
Tummy tuck

I am also having a tummy tuck with my TAH. I consulted with the PS and my Gyn worked with him before. My surgery is on March 18th-just one week away.

I am scared yet excited at the same time. I am so looking forward to get rid of my rolly poly belly, just want a flat taut surface again.

Good luck to you Puppet.

Kikkibird,

I have read a lot of posts where some women wished they had thought of doing a tummy tuck with their hysterectomy. It is not cheap, you have to pay the Plastic Surgeon his fees as elective surgery is not covered by insurance. My surgeon is charging $4000 for the procedure and I have to pay the hospital for the extra anesthesia and facilities charges around $1500.00
Unread 03-11-2004, 01:50 PM
Tummy tuck

I am also having a tummy tuck at the same time as my SAH. That is the only thing that makes me look forward to the surgery. Without the hysterectomy, I would never have done this and I also feel kind of vain for wanting it done, but I've hated this pouch for years, so I've decided to go for it. A plastic surgeon is doing the TT, not my gyn. The hardest part was coordinating their two schedules with the OR - luckily they are both part of the same university medical group and the same hospital. Mine is costing about $6100, including the PS, the OR and the anesthesiologist. Insurance will not cover a penny, but I consider the TT a gift to myself!
Unread 03-11-2004, 02:23 PM
blood clots

I asked a PS about this possibility. He said that they could do it, but that it wouldn't make much cost difference. He said that there is a slight increase in risk for blood clots when they are done together, vs separate surgeries. I decided not to do it for both reasons..cost and increased risk. If I win the lottery, I might call the PS back and schedule a new surgery later in the year after I have healed from this one. Ha. I am going to try to lose some weight first too. I might decide I don't need one if I can get the extra weight off. Maybe...
Unread 03-11-2004, 02:33 PM
Tummy tuck

welll i have not asked yet...but my gf told me she knows he does it....so i guess iw ill have ta ask

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register