Dogs | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-11-2004, 08:28 AM
Dogs

HI, TO ALL YOU ANIMAL LOVER'S: I'M NEW TO THE HYSTER SISTERS, I JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYONE ELSE OUT HTHER HAS 17 DOGS?????? NO THAT IS NOT A TYPO! I HAVE 3 SAINT BERNARDS AND 10 CHIHUAHUAS AND 4 MIXED BREEDS. I LOVE EVERYONE OF THEM!! I HAD MY SURGERY 3 WEEKS AGO SO IT HAS BEEN REAL HARD ON ME NOT TO BE ABLE TO PLAY AND TAKE CARE OF THEM. I'M NOW ALLOWED TO FEED AND WATER THEM, WELL NOT THE SAINTS YET. I'M AFRAID THEY WILL HURT MY BELLY(OUCH!). I USUALLY SLEEP WITH AT LEAST 5 OF THEM(NOT MY DH CHOICE) BUT HE HAS GOTTEN OVER IT! WELL SINCE SURGERY THEY CAN NOT SLEEP WITH ME, IT HAS BEEN A REAL ADJUTMENT FOR THEM. WELL I COULD GO ON FOR HOURS AT A TIME ABOUT MY ANIMALS. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR ABOUT ALL OF YOUR ANIMALS!! LOVE MY DOGS!! ONE YELLOW ROSE (JENN)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2004, 08:37 AM
Talking - Dogs Dogs

hi well i dont have that many ..ummm but we do have ..**takes a huge breath* 5 dogs we just lost one to parvo *sniff* 3 cats, one 31/2 foot lizard*shes cool*2 turkeys *very cool* 5 hens * we get wonderful brown fresh eggs daily and a crazy roster.....oh ya we also have rockie our bird........
Unread 03-15-2004, 12:38 PM
wow

Do you live on a farm? The most we ever had was 4 dogs. Two Basenjis, a min pin and a toy fox terrier, and that was rather hectic. We only have my one little boy, Nosey, he is a Basenji.
But, I would love to have 20 dogs if I lived on a farm. Tell me more, please. Are they all potty trained?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2004, 02:21 PM
Talking - Dogs Dogs

no but we do have 6 acres in the smokeys..........i know it seems like alot.but when we try to "thin" them out its like no not them.and they just come to us *sigh* some people are and some arnt
Unread 03-15-2004, 06:30 PM
Dogs

DEAR STUMPED, NO I DO NOT LIVE ON A FARM. BUT I WOULD LOVE TO!!!! ALL OF MY DOGS ARE INSIDE EXCEPT FOR 2. MY 3 SAINT BERNARDS LIVE IN THE BASEMENT. THEY LOVE IT WERE IT IS COOL. ALL MY OTHER DOGS ARE UPSTAIRS WITH THE REST OF THE FAMILY.!!!!! YES I'M CRAZY BUT I LOVE EVERY ONE OF THEM!! IN FACT I JUST JUST BOUGHT ANOTHER CHIHUAHUA ON WEDNESDAY. SHE IS A SHE DEVIL, SHE IS A RIOT. SHE ONLY WEIGHS ABOUT 2-3LBS. SHE IS ABOUT 2 MONTHS OLD. HER NAME IS MIMI OLA PHEBE! WE CALL HER OLA. ABOUT THE POTTY TRAINING WELL ALOT OF THEM ARE PAPER TRAINED. AND SOME OTHER ONES GO OUTSIDE. BUT WHEN IT RAINS AND SNOWS FORGET IT!!! OH YEAH AND WHEN THEY ARE MAD AT ME THEY ARE VERY SPITEFUL!! WELL I COULD TYPE ALL NIGHT ABOUT MY ANIMALS.

HAVE A GREAT NIGHT
one yellow rose(JENN)
Unread 03-16-2004, 09:16 AM
Smile - Dogs Dogs

Hi

Thats so great to be able to have so many dogs. I would have more if i could

My dog Harry, who is a Cocker-Poo, has been so wonderful during my recovery. (Got a picture of him in my photos here) I think I would be lost without him. Harry gets me up and walking, and he is so comforting at naptime when i just can't stand up anymore, snuggles up right next to me (seems to know not to jump on my Belly.) He knows when I’m in pain and sticks by me. I’m afraid I’m boring him to death now, because we used to take long walks together and I haven’t been able to for a while. Though I am going for little walks with him trying to go further each day. At 4 weeks post-op I’m still feeling a lot of discomfort so I still can’t do too much yet, so its nice to have my little buddy by my side
Unread 03-16-2004, 07:18 PM
Dogs

I have two dogs - a female standard poodle who is 8-1/2 and a male bernese mountain dog who is 4-1/2. I had a complete hysterectomy with both ovaries removed 4 weeks ago. My poodle has stayed by my side day in and day out. The bernese mountain dog wants to come up on the bed with me but he is 108 pounds and has a tendency to sit on me so he is down sleeping on the floor for awhile. They dont understand why they cant be on the bed but I know they sense I am not 100%. They have been great to have around during the recovery process. They are so devoted and great to cuddle when I am feeling stressed out by it all.
Unread 03-17-2004, 02:27 PM
Talking - Dogs Dogs

We have only one dog. A Yorkshire Terrier. I will try breeding her soon, can't hardly wait to get my hands on those puppies!!! She was by my side constantly through my recovery. So were our two cats, well kittens, they are 6mos old. All three kept my feet warm at the end of my bed. We also have two parakeets. I'm still not sure how I feel about having Two keets. When we only had one, he would whistle and copy me, and try to talk, then we got another. Probably not such a good idea, now they both just SCREECH!! Sometimes they are so loud with their chattering, that we have trouble talking over them, when we are in that room. Oh well, the new keet is part of the family now. I hope someday to have many more animals, but I have to break the husband in slowly.
Unread 03-18-2004, 11:40 AM
Dogs

We've got 3 wonderful dogs!! A 3 year old yellow lab, Sadie; a 2 year old Chihuahua, Cupid; and my old lady terrier airedale mix, Aerial, who will be 13 in May.

It's so nice to come home and have them so happy to see me!!

SNOBUNNY - we absolutely love the Smokey Mtns. We vacation in Gatlinburg area every year ... will be there in May. Our goal is to move to TN in the next 3-5 years! That's where my DH's HARLEY FEVER started. We rented a Harley and rode through the mountains a few years ago on vacation and within 2 wks of coming home he had bought his own!

I think my DOGS would love the area too!!
Unread 03-18-2004, 03:28 PM
Talking - Dogs Dogs

yes it is very nice here .but busy .......did you rent your bike at the pigon forge BP? lmao small world hu

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register