Pre-Op Monday the 15th | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-Op Monday the 15th Pre-Op Monday the 15th

Unread 03-11-2004, 10:14 AM
Pre-Op Monday the 15th

Well, it has finally come. My Surgery is just over a week away and my Pre-op in the 15th. I truely felt like it would never get here. I have a list of questions, but it still seems like there is more I should ask. I would appreciate any suggestions Also, I am actually home from work today because of A LOT of pain, (as usual). It seems bad today though, and I was going to start packing my bag for the trip to the castle. This is what I am going to take...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..

Toothbrush
Hairbrush
Toothpaste
A dress or something comfy to wear home, I know I will not fit in my size 1 pants when I leave..
Purse with all necessities
Money for the private room I opted for...($20 a night), from what I hear, it is worth it!
Makeup
Pics of my babies (kids)
Cell Phone w/ charger & list of numbers for DBF to call when I come out of surgery (family demanding calls)

That is all I can think of. I will not be bringing books or anything of that nature. I feel it will be a waste of space, I will have plenty of time when I get home to do all of that.
Anything my sisters could recommend would be great! I only know what I read from experiences that have been posted...thanks for everything girls
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2004, 01:16 PM
Pre-Op Monday the 15th

I don't know exactly what tyepe of hysterectomy you are having, but if I were going to do it all over again, I'd bring a bottle of Chloraseptic with me - sore throat spray. I had the worst sore throat from being intubated, and it took all day before they finally got something for me. My surgery was six years ago and I remember the sore throat as being the worst part in the first day or two.

Other than the sore throat, the whole ordeal was a lot easier on me than I thought it would be. Good luck.
Unread 03-11-2004, 01:22 PM
pillow

I'm going to the caste on 3/24 and the one thing I don't want to
forget is my pillow!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2004, 01:25 PM
Pre-Op Monday the 15th

Hi Michele,

I am new here and my Pre-op date is also Monday the 15th. My surgery is March 18th and I am having a TAH with full tummy tuck. I am scared to death, but have been reading here a lot over the last six weeks.

What I am taking to the Castle:

Peppermint candies
Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Slip on shoes
Sweat Pants
Magazines
CD walkman
Music CDs
Shampoo
conditioner
Lotion
Vaseline for lips
Socks for cold feet
An extra pillow
Short zippered robe to walk around
My Doctor's number
My PS number

I am worried to death about the gas and bowel movements. I have started taking metamucil and will start on colace this weekend to help me get my bowels in shape. I plan to buy ginger tea, acidopholus capsules, yogurt. I have bought prune juice to get me started after the surgery.

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated Good luck to you on your pre-op and surgery.
Unread 03-11-2004, 01:57 PM
Pre-Op Monday the 15th

How do you get a full tummy tuck with your TAH? Can you ObGyn do that?
Unread 03-11-2004, 02:03 PM
Pre-Op Monday the 15th

Hi there to everyone getting ready to go to the Castle. I am now 13 days post op and these are the things I took with me:
My own PJ's
Housecoat
Slippers
Shampoo and Conditioner
Lotion (aveno as my skin got very itchy and dry after)
Pillow
Blanket (the hospital blankets are very thin and everyone but me was cold all night)
Pantliners (if you have any discharge they will give you those big pillows they have for pads)
Extra Panties
Comfy clothes to wear home

Good luck to everyone...stay positive.
Unread 03-11-2004, 02:54 PM
Pre-Op Monday the 15th

Bella,

No, I have a Plastic surgeon who is doing the full tummy tuck. The PS (plastic surgeon) will open me up, my Gyn will do the hysterectomy, and then the PS will come in and do the full tummy tuck. The PS and my Gyn have worked together before, so they are used to coordinating their schedules.

Please feel free to ask any more questions
Unread 03-11-2004, 05:03 PM
Pre-Op Monday the 15th

My pre op is the 15th also. Did you check the list of questions on this site to ask your dr. ?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register