looking for sisters who had surgery March 1 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

looking for sisters who had surgery  March 1 looking for sisters who had surgery March 1

Unread 03-11-2004, 08:36 PM
looking for sisters who had surgery March 1

Hi,
I'm very new to this site, but I love it already. I have learned so much, been encouraged tremendously, & I have felt lots of relieve to know I'm not alone. I loved the get well greeting I received the day of my surgery. That was so cool!

Anyway, I'm just seeing who else had surgery around my date. I had an LAVH Monday, March 1 of his year.
Thanks for listening out there.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2004, 12:09 AM

I'm a March 1 princess too. I also loved the e-mail message, I saw it when I got home. Everything went well for me and my recovery seems uneventful. I'm really just doing almost nothing.

I hope your recovery is smooth.
Unread 03-15-2004, 09:10 AM

Good morning,
I'm so glad you're doing well. Do you still have a lot of gas & the dreaded swelly belly? I still have those two & the gas pains can make me say "ouch".

My DH went to work today so this is the 1st time since March 1 that I've been alone. I've been very much the pampered punctured princess! I guess I'll have to pamper myself now. Let me know how you keep yourself from being bored. Later!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2004, 07:51 PM

I just got home from my 2 week post-op with the DR. He says I'm doing great. He says I will start feeling noticably better each day for the next several weeks. He told me to take a nap every afternoon for the next 2 weeks. I can start doing exercise (as I feel up to it) at 6 weeks. I go back again in 4 weeks.

Last night I had a bout of throwing up (ate something bad maybe?) and that wasn't fun. But except for being sore today, I don't think I hurt anything & neither did the DR.

All pathology reports came back fine. Whew! Nothing was suspected, but I worry just the same.

So, I'm now addicted to this website (keeps me from being too bored) and I'm knitting. Working a little from home. Napping, watching TV & reading.

Keep up the great recovery!
Unread 03-18-2004, 08:47 AM

MaxieDoodle,
Sorry to hear you got sick & threw up, but I'm relieved you didn't hurt anything. I HATE to throw up!
That's great that your DR said you could slowly start to exercise at 6 weeks. I forgot to ask that question. I went to get my staples removed last week. I could move lots better after that. I still have a swelly & can't find things to wear.
Continue to take care of yourself.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register