MRI Tuesday....(Another Cycle of Pain) - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

MRI Tuesday....(Another Cycle of Pain) MRI Tuesday....(Another Cycle of Pain)

Unread 03-16-2004, 01:08 PM
MRI Tuesday....(Another Cycle of Pain)

I am on my lunch break right now... Just wanted to update you all...

They told me that my doctor will not have the results until tomorrow afternoon, but the bad part is my doctor does not work on Wednesdays... So it will be Thursday before I find anything out.

Felling quit crappy right now. The test lasted about 1hr & 15mins. The guy doing the test said that he does not do a lot of pelvice MRI's and they are a lot more detailed so that is why it would last so long. At first it felt weirod, all the vibrations & all. By the time I was done I was in pain. Some of those vibarations where hitting just the right spot.

If it wasn't for my not so understanding female boss I think I just would of came home to rest afterwords. She makes me feel like this is all my fault for some reason & that I am being a baby.... When I asked to leave friday because I had not slept at all the night before she asked me well do you have any personal time left for this year! We get 8 personal days this year and I had used 3 hours up to that point. I was outraged!!! When I told her on Monday that I would be leaving for an MRI at 9 am she wanted to know when I would be back I had advised her I was not sure. I was back by 11:40. She was not at her desk so I sent her an email to let her know that I was back. She called me at 12:30 and wanted to know when I returned... She stated she just wanted to make sure I was on the phone taking calls! She never even asked how I felt, or how my test went!

The girl that sits next to me has 3 hours of personal time & everytime she askes to go home no questions asked.... She missed 2 1/2 days two weeks ago for strep throat. I feel like I am being attacked.

DH just keeps telling me they don't understand.... They don't know what it is like for you to live in chronic pain. I am just hurt & so fustrated. I know what I should really do is take my meds & lay down. But I have to head back to work. God I sure pray that they find the awnser to this pain.

Anyone else have discomfort from the MRI?

Kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2004, 01:30 PM

awe kim. big to you!!!

nothing like going thru all this and then having to deal with very insensitive people in the work place!!!!

I do hope they call you first thing on Thursday and give you some answers, your DH is so right, people just don't understand that endo is a chronic condition that only gets progessively worse. If they don't see you buckled over in pain then you aren't hurting, I have to remind my dbf that there are plenty of days I don't say anything about how I am feeling so yes on the outside I might look fine or just look tired but inside I hurt like h*LL inside and have learned over the years to just keep mum sometimes, I know people already think of me as a chronic complainer sometimes but hey look, I have a chronic condition, what do they want us to do, throw a party????

Try to get some rest and be glad that you have what sounds like a very supportive husband, I am sure that makes a world of difference!!

Please let us know when you get the word from your doc! I will say a prayer for some resolution for you!!!!!

jody
Unread 03-16-2004, 10:19 PM

Kim,

I don't know for sure - but your pain sounds like endo to me. I had my TVH/BSO because of Endo. I had 10 days a month when I felt like I was in labor (before and during my period) - and another four days of intense localized pain for ovulation. I had both ovaries removed with my hyst because I know that any source of estrogen can feed endo. I am really sorry you are dealing with this - whatever it turns out to be.

What really surprised me was that when I got the results of my pathology - most of the endo was "old" - but he said my tubes were inflamed. I can't understand how it could cause as much pain as I was in.

Unfortunately, endo is really tough to deal with and tough to get rid of. I have a "not so sensitive" female boss, too - who is very unfair to women - but will send men home when they sniffle. It is maddening. Right now, your resistance to such treatment is probably low due to pain.

I hope you find answers. There is a website for help with Endo www.jenniferlewis.com. She has dealt with such a bad case of endometriosis - and wrote a good book called "Coping with Endometriosis. It is a tough thing to deal with - but I hope it helps to know that you are not alone.

I hope you feel better soon and get some support.

Take care,
Danette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2004, 04:45 AM

Jody & Danette,

Thank you both for your support... My boss came up to be before I left work last night and suggested I see a chiopractor... I hate to say it but I almost laughed in her face... She has no clue... I have been dealing with this pain for what seems like a life time to me and for my husband he knows it's been years... I have seen a chiopractor in the past for back & neck issues do to a car acdeint as a child, and know they can help, but this pain is internal and is diffrent as all of you know... Her responce was well at least it is more then likely nothing seriouse... My response to her was that one of my greatest fears is it was endo... I tried to explain to her that endo is like cancer, if it's not all removed it comes back... And it lives off of estergin & as long as I have my ovaries I have estergin... It's so hard to educatue those who don't want to be educated as my DH would say.

Dannette,
One of the reasons I will also agree with you on the endo is because I was on Lupron for a few month period of time by another GYN who's practices DH & I did not agree with so we went back to our old GYN. (Long Story)... Any way while I was on the lupron my pain decreased... By the 2 to 2 1/2 months my pain was pretty much gone. But I don't feel that lupron is the awnser. I think there is to many risks with that drug. I will deffently check out the sight you recomended. Don't know if I will get the chance this morning back to the ball & grind of work. I also don't trust that my last GYN got rid of all the endo, because the when I had my first lap the pain was also back within a about 2 months.

If my MRI does not show anything... Was told by the guy yesterday they normally don't show endo... I am going to ask my family doctor who is an internist to get me to someone that deals with endo... There is so post to be a real good doctor that her nurse was telling me about, but I need a referal or I would be waiting until next year to get into... So I think we are getting to the point that it's time for that referal.

Again thank you all for your ongoing support!
Kim
Unread 03-17-2004, 06:31 AM

Kim, I hope that you get some answers and just remember we are here for you!!!

What you were told yesterday is right, it amazes me that endo does not show up on any tests, wonder why that is, I have not been able to figure that out yet but then again if medical doctors can't why should I be able to.

I hope that you are feeling better, did they at least give you something for the pain. I myself try not to take pain meds unless it really gets unbearable and guess what this morning before I left for work I broke down and took prescription motrin left over from surgery. I don't know if I can hold out another month for my appt with the new uro/gyn or not.

I think what is almost harder to deal with besides the pain is the emotional toll it takes on us, and this week it is hitting my emotions very hard, I am so disappointed and frustrated and most of all I am so tired and have not energy what so ever I can't stand it.

Please keep posting and let us know when you get your results tomorrow and what your next step will be!!!

jody
Unread 03-17-2004, 07:34 PM

Kim,

I don't think it's unusual to be in pain two months after your lap. I was in pain right away after mine. My GYN always explained that they can only get the Endo that they see - but there is always a chance there is stuff below the surface. It doesn't mean that the doctor did anything wrong, necessarily. Unfortunately, this is a horrible disease to deal with.

As far as your boss goes - I think you should "yes" her to death when she gives you advice about the chiropractor. "Okay, I will look into that, thanks!" It does no good to argue with that kind of boss. I know, and you know, and probably everyone on this board knows, that there are no easy answers to these GYN problems we have.

I should tell you my first experience with endo at work. About three years ago, I was at work and started bleeding quite heavily. I went home around lunchtime and called my doctor's office. They told me to come in an hour. I called my boss. First she said, "I didn't know you left - did you check with Bob and Tom?" ( Two guys that had a project going on that night) Then I said, "No, I was bleeding really heavily. My doctor wants to see me." She said "You just need a roto-rooter". First of all, I never asked exactly what she meant by that - but she probably meant a D&C. Also, I never got any more compassion than that during my whole struggle - so I kind of know how you feel.

I hope you get your referral to the doctor you need.

Take care,
Danette

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register