Tumor Removel????? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tumor Removel????? Tumor Removel?????

Unread 03-13-2004, 09:22 AM
Tumor Removel?????

Hi, my surgery is Monday the 15th for LAVH/BSO with possible tumor removal...

Has any one had this type of surgery and had the possible tumor removal. If so how long was hospital stay??

I was told my cyst or tumor had a 50/50 chance of being begnye.
I`m nervous and just want to know if anyone else has had this happen.

thanks warm hugs, Joniangel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2004, 12:46 PM
Tumor Removel?????

Hey Joniangel,
Yes, I'm going through kinda the same thing. I had a large lemon sized ovarian tumor, left ovary and 2 cysts on right ovary removed by laparotomy about 6 months ago. My symptoms were bloating, abdominal pain, weight gain (28 pounds) and bad constipation (It fell and blocked my intestines). I felt great afterwards, lost 18 pounds in 5 weeks then about 6 or 7 weeks post-op I started feeling sick all over again, bloating, stomach aches, weight gain, blah blah, the same stuff again!. Thought I was insane because I was SURE that the cyst/tumor caused all those problems before and couldn't believe it was haapening AGAIN without it! Anyway, several visits to a GI Dr. brought about a cat scan that revealed a another cyst growing already. It was a golf ball at 8 weeks post op. So the gyn put me on BCP for 3 months to try and shrink it. The three months are over and the ultrasound guy said it doubled in size (tennis ball), another one grew beside it (golf ball). So now there are two. The Dr. says we shouldn't mess around with things that grew while I was on the pill, so a TAH and removal of the right ovary is what he said.. Anyway he also said my uterus is tipped maybe that's what is so painful for me, I'm just glad this will be over soon. I *may* be able to get a TT after the hyster, and that is a bit exciting, I have felt so disgusting all this time, with my stomach blowing up all the time, my skin is all stretched. After the last surgery and all that weight dropped off, my skin was like a Chinese Sharpei !!! (those wrinkly doggies!) I meet the PS on Tues to see if we can arange it!
Puppet
Unread 03-13-2004, 12:53 PM
Tumor Removel?????

Gosh, I forgot to answer your questions! I stayed for 2 days. The last one (the big lemon thing) was benign as far as I know, LOL. They say that really these things are almost ALWAYS benign, even though they cause me so many problems! I was pretty nervous beforehand. After the surgery he told me it LOOKED benign, and he would send it to a lab and would let me know if it was anything else. I never heard more about it and I never called to ask (I know, not responsible of me!! Bock bock)
This time I am a little nervous because he was pretty SURE the BCP would clear that cyst right up. And since it grew more and another grew while I was taking BCP, that makes me nervous, but even so, I've read that there are about 4 or 5 different types of benign ovarian tumors, and they don't all respond to the BCP, just the most common type, Functional Cysts...
Puppet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2004, 01:16 PM
Tumor Removel?????

Hi Joniangel.

Although I had a different situation and surgery, I wanted to send you a response for whatever help it might be to you.

I was diagnosed with probably endometrial cancer in Feb 2000, had a TAH BSO, and was in the hospital from Tuesday morning through Friday morning. I didn't get into a room until Tues evening because they were short of rooms, but the next morning they had me up, removed the catheter, and gave me bathroom and walking privileges. The walking was important, it got the gas moving and so on. They also gave me one of those little plastic things where you blow into a tube to exercise your lungs after surgery.

Some of this may vary depending on your surgery, but at least that's how it was for me. The "probable" cancer did indeed turn out to be cancer, but it required no further treatment and I've been fine ever since.

Endometrial cancer of course is not the same as ovarian, and each person is different. So you need to rely on your dr's advice and follow directions! But I did want you to know that the overall experience, for me, was not at all a bad one, and recuperation was good.

Let us know how you are doing, and feel free to check in on the Cancer Concerns forum for more information and input.

Blessings.
Marlene
Unread 03-13-2004, 02:35 PM
Tumor Removel?????

I had a very large (volleyball sized!) tumor removed from my uterus in January. They tried to preserve my uterus as I am 22 and engaged to be married, but it turned out to be more serious than a simple fibroid. In fact, it's very rare and unpredictable, so I am having a hyst on Monday the 15th.

AFter the tumor was removed, I had to wait 3 weeks for the biopsy results. The doctors had never really seen anything like my tumor before, but thought it may have just been a degenerating fibroid. So I got my hopes up, thinking that everything was fine, the surgeries were over and I would go on to have a family. Boy was I wrong.

I'm not trying to scare you or anything, just...try not to let your hopes or fears convince you of anything until you talk to your doctor afterwards. I was so shocked after I found out that I was in a daze for at least a week after the diagnosis. What I had was pretty rare though, so don't let my experience frighten you.

For the tumor removal I had surgery on a Monday, and was discharged on Wednesday afternoon, I had to stay with my parents due to my apartment being on the third floor and I couldn't negotiate the stairs until 6 days after my surgery.and I am told to expect the same length of stay with my hyst.

Best of luck on Monday. I will be thinking of you as I myself am wheeled into surgery...

Carriana
Unread 03-13-2004, 04:18 PM
Thanks Everyone

Hi, thanks for your replys, I`m nervous and it helps hearing from from you all..

Carriana, I`ll be thinking of you too on Monday...

warm hugs and blessings to you all, Joniangel

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register