The Passion of Christ ...did it help? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Posts from the Heart > Prayer Requests for Hyster Sisters

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The Passion of Christ ...did it help? The Passion of Christ ...did it help?

Unread 03-13-2004, 11:46 AM
The Passion of Christ ...did it help?

I seen this movie last night, and I can tell you this helped put my fears in perspective. When I witnessed the brutal slaying of our Lord on screen, it gave me much more strength and less worry of the pain after surgery. It touched me and had a profound effect on the way I think.

Has anyone seen the movie, and has it helped in giving you strength in dealing with surgery?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2004, 01:57 PM

I have seen it 2 times and my husband 3 times.

Absolutely helped. I know where my faith lies. I know that before but especially now........ I can never say thank you Lord enough.

Ever...........
Unread 03-13-2004, 02:25 PM

Funny...because I went to the movie as a favor to my mom. I figured, at this point in my life (tumors, hysterectomy, etc) I could use a little faith. I didn't expect to get much out of the film, as I was never truly a spiritual person before, but the movie touched me in ways I cannot even begin to describe.

Upon talking to a pastor at my mother's church about my upcoming wedding, about the movie and about our situation, I told him that I do not believe that the timing of this movie along with my current situation was merely a coincidence. The movie came and reached out to me in a time where I didn't know where else to turn. It made me realize that no matter what MY plans in life were, and no matter how badly I do or do not want something to happen, it isn't really something I can control. God's will, not mine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2004, 03:14 PM

Elizabeth:

I saw that movie the day before it came out the public with our whole Church. It has total changed me. I knew the story but to watch it was almost hard to take. And to think he did all of that for us. Its a very powerful movie. I don't think I could set through it again as it was very hard for me to see the beatings. I have not stopped thinking and talking about the movie, I think everyone should see it. Go Mel Gibson. My fears are calm at the moment, I have 6 days to go and I hope I can make it.

Take Care.
Tina
Unread 03-13-2004, 03:52 PM
Passion of Christ

I am going to see the movie tonight with some friends of ours and I go in Monday for surgery. My DH thought it might help me to keep my mind off things and I have wanted to see it anyway. My youngest DS saw the movie on Tuesday and said it changed the way he thinks about alot of things. I did not bring him up with a religion, even though we are catholic, but I was raised very, very catholic. I am anxious to see it and I know I will get alot out of it.

I'll let you know tomorrow.

Lisa
Unread 03-13-2004, 05:41 PM

I wish I could have seen the movie before my hyst. I was such a mess even tho I know Jesus is with me always. I did see it at a little over 2 weeks post. Was hard to sit through the movie, but how can I complain after what my Lord has gone through for me?? Who would have known that one of the "sexiest men" alive would have made such a wonderful film!!!
chele
Unread 03-13-2004, 10:30 PM

I saw this movie last week with my two daughters (ages 16 and 19) and plan to see it again with my husband (he was out of town). It is such a powerful and emotional film. Although we all "know the story," seeing it like this is so different from reading it. Jesus suffered so much for all of us. It is comforting to know He is always with us.
Unread 03-14-2004, 06:36 PM

When I seen the movie, and I seen how our lord was severely brutalized, it made me feel like the pain I suffered is way nothing compared to his. It emotionally moved me. I was scared and nervous and was suffering alot of anxiety prior to seeing the movie. After seeing it, it's seems my fears are so much less. I just hope that it stays like that. It gave me alot of peace.
Unread 03-15-2004, 06:23 PM

Several months before the movie was out. I heard a Pastor on the radio, he was telling of how much research he and others had done on Jesus' life. The way he told it was why did Jesus come at that exact point in time to be crucified? Answer: From the beginning of time, till the end. At that exact point in time was the worst death a man could endure.

Then the movie came out. Just think our Jesus chose the worst death ever "just for us". And also remember that no one killed him no religion or government. He allowed himself to die for us. He could have spoke one word and all would have died.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register