How to proceed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How to proceed How to proceed

Unread 03-13-2004, 04:34 PM
How to proceed

after PMB had uterine biopsy with negative results. Ultrasound showed "ugly ovaries" to quote the doc. He wants to do at least lap removal of ovaries and tubes, with release to do more if he feels it necessary. I've requested notes and reports to myself and a Dr. for second opinion. Trying to set up for second opinion with GYN ONC. Would like full hormone panel (including thyroid and insulin) but PC said not necessary. Any ideas? This was a big surprise to me. I have very little insight into this and what would be the wisest thing to do next. I am 53 and 2 years postmenopausal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2004, 05:15 PM
How to proceed

What was the reason for the post menopausal bleeding? When was your last Pap smear? Have you had a CA125? When does the bleeding happen? What does 'ugly ovaries' mean?

Absolutely, positively, get an opinion from a gyn/onc.

Janie
Unread 03-13-2004, 05:27 PM
"Ugly Ovaries?"

Definitely get all your reports and consult with a gyn/onc. Ugly ovaries is not a medical term. Cysts? Fluid filled or solid? Enlarged? By how much? Did you gte a CA125 with this? A CT scan? A pelvic exam, a transvaginal ultrasound, and a CA125 are good guides to what may be going on and a CT can show more. Push for that gyn/onc consult.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2004, 05:36 PM
How to proceed

Pap was Oct, 2003 by PC who said "this one won't be normal", but it was. Followed to colposcopy and cervical biopsy and removal of cervical polyp (3rd time for polyp removal) All pathology has been negative. Had Pelvic exam,transvaginal ultrasound and CA125 is only 9. "Ugly ovaries" described as irregualr shaped cysts, but not filled with fluid. Ovaries "look like a bomb went off inside them" to quote the dr. again. Haven't got notes to read yet. I don't need a referral for consult my insurance covers wherever, but I must be accepted by the doctor.
Unread 03-14-2004, 06:11 PM
How to proceed

I totally agree with Ellen

A consult with an oncologist/gynocologist should be in your future. Better to rule things out and find the correct "medical" cause and cure.

Keep in touch.
Rosalie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register