This should make ya giggle alittle! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Surviving Parenthood

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

This should make ya giggle alittle! This should make ya giggle alittle!

Unread 03-16-2004, 07:00 AM
This should make ya giggle alittle!

Check this out! Ya never believe what happen to me this morning! I'm sitting here typing up my post about leaving in the morning and thankful to be pad free when this is all done...lol. And down the steps comes my nine yr old daugther and my DH ( who's face is pale white)....and all that comes out of my DH mouth is "Why ME?" then my little girl....says "Mom, I got my period!" lol..I jumped up, giggled and went into the bathroom and handed Katie ( my daugther) every box of pads I had and said " They're ALLLLLL yours baby!"

Cyndi ~ TAH 3/17/04
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2004, 07:17 AM

LOL I said that's going to be my luck. As soon as I don't need the pads anymore, my soon to be 12 year old is going to start her period....

Too funny!
Unread 03-16-2004, 07:40 AM

When my daughter started we set and cried together. I hated to see her start at 11. My children go to a catholic school and the standard practice is for the parish priest to teach sex education....like he knows all about it???? When they started their classes, the priest asked us if we had any comments or questions. I said yes I had a comment, I did not want him to lie to my daughter and tell her that having her period was the grestest time in a woman's life. I never had that great time and did not want her to wander what the heck we were talking about....greatest time???? She is now 15 and plays Varsity basketball as a Freshman and her periods cause her problems. I am thinking about taking her to a Dr and seeing if she could take the bc where you only have 4 periods a year. When I came home after my surgery she asked if I would have a period anymore and when I told her no, she asked if they would do that surgery on her. I think it so sad that this part of our life has to be such an awful experience for some that anyone that young would think about doing that. I remember trying to hide the pads and make sure no one knew I had my period....back in my day you were really made fun of on those days if anyone found out. I didn't have my surgery to just get rid of the periods however. I felt I was close to going thru menopause and would have opted for that anyday, but my body did not give me a choice about it. I still feel for my dd each and every time she has a period and wish that those days were easier for her, but she appears to be on the same path I was on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2004, 07:57 AM

This made me almost cry. My oldest DD is 9 and it had not occurred to me she could start so early. (yes, I know it can happen but egads!! she's my baby) How did you talk to your daughter about it before hand. I don't remember my mother ever talking to me about it. When I was in 4th grade they did the little movie and talk thing with the school nurse but I'm not even sure they do that anymore. And how on earth do I explain to her that what is causing me so much pain and heartache is about to start happening to her but that I hope it won't be anywhere near as bad for her??
Unread 03-16-2004, 08:18 AM

Thanks for the smile and the trip down memory lane. I remember my first period. My mom gave me a hug,and blushed as she handed me a box of pads,a"belt" and THE LITTLE PINK BOOK. I bet there are more then a few of my fellow princesses that learned about their periods in this fashion! LOL
Unread 03-16-2004, 08:30 AM
could it be our food?

My daughter started her period at the age of 13 and I'm so glad. But it seems they are starting younger and younger. My sister said that all the hormones they put in chicken and other meat might have something to do with our children developing so early. I'm not a health nut or an environmentalist. But something is wrong here. Also, there are so many woman having female trouble. It makes you wonder. This is just my thoughs on the matter. I'm not going to stop eating chicken. I might look for more naturally grown though. Shoot, I might get some and grow them myself. My dogs would eat them first. Oh, well.
Janie
Unread 03-16-2004, 08:34 AM
A little more to make you giggle..

Oh, jeeze.. I remember the belt, and the *Life Cycle Library* books... When I had my lap surgery, the hospital sent me home with one of those maternity pads, you know.. Brick sized. My DD, who is now 22, couldnt imagine having to wear something like that.
Luckily, I explained periods early to her, because she ended up getting hers when she was 10 (my little baby, I CRIED)
I was trying to put off talking to her about it, because you don't want kids scared. Well, when she was 9, we were in a public restroom. I came out of the stall to her standing there looking at the *napkin* dispenser.
She said.. Why would anyone pay 25 cents for a napkin.. when there are free paper towels right here?
Unread 03-16-2004, 08:46 AM

I hear you ladies! I didn't start my period until 14, but it has been nothing but misery since. However, my DD (7.5 yrs) has been diagnosed with "precocious puberty". It was inherited on her fathers side. He has no sisters and his mother was already past lucidness when I married him so I was not expecting this. Her biological age is 10.5 and they have warned me she could start her period any day now. Explaining all of this to her wasn't easy and she doesn't get why she talk about it at school (I don't think the 1st grade teachers would appreciate it!).

Oh well, I can't wait till June so I can this over with. Hopefully she will have an easier time.
Unread 03-16-2004, 09:05 AM

Of course, I had that wonderful talk with my little one.And as sad as it sounds...she had that wonderful talk in school last year already in 3rd grade. But I do agree with you guys they are just way to young anymore!And sadly, she has seen me suffer for 9 yrs now with out of control bleeding ( many visit to the ER and countless stays at the hospital). I hope and pray EVERY SINGLE day that my lil one will not have to walk the same path as me.
Unread 03-16-2004, 10:22 AM

Oh GOSH! My dd is almost 8, and like the others I have heard about them starting as early as 9, but it's just TOO YOUNG in my book! I will be devastated if she has to start dealing with this at 9 or 10. I was 14.

I remember that "special class" the nurse taught too, we didn't get it until 5th grade. But you know, we all left that class as confused as when we went in! That pink box too! Oh Jeez what a flashback! I think ours even came with the straps because they didn't quite have stick ons yet!! LOL (I'm 37)

Yes, I think it's a tough situation explaining it to young girls, you don't want to scare them, but then again it isn't right to promise it's some "magical" transformation, which is kinda how they told us it was going to be. The POOR NURSE! SHe must have felt terrible being forced to lie to all these little girls!

My mom was NOT the open sort to talk about this, when I began having pains about 6 months before I started, she threw her hands up and yelled "IT"S THE CURSE! She's getting the curse" and ran out of the room. Now, I was her THIRD daughter, you'd think she'da learned how to deal with these things by then! LOL All the "Nicey Nice" things the nurse said went right out the window, I was terrified and wondered why I'd been "CURSED"and by whom! :P I had no clue what she was talking about. Luckily my older sister was a little more rational and explained.

Oh, check this out! LOL, it's HYSTERICAL! When I finally did start, I was trying to tell my mom, and I was embarrased to say I needed pads (my pink box was empty!) lest she freak out again, I remember being in hallway, my sister (21 yrs) was there and I said "Mom, I started" And she was like "Started what?" This went about 4 more times before my sister was like "Oh, for cryng out loud, MOM, her PERIOD!" So, she gave me $4 and I walked to the corner store. You remember how HUGE those maxi-pad boxes were? it stuck out about 6 inches over the top of the brown paper bag, and as I walked home, ALL the neighbors outside saw me carrying this home! I was SO humiliated! LOL I think it's absolutely hilarious now, but I would NEVER make my daughter do that. (my mom just could not handle ANYTHING of a sexual nature! LOL)
Puppet

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register