This should make ya giggle alittle! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Surviving Parenthood

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

This should make ya giggle alittle! This should make ya giggle alittle!

Unread 03-16-2004, 10:25 AM
Periods starting early

I was 11 when my period started- that was 40 years ago - so I do not believe that hormones in the food we eat now necessarily accelerate this function. The body starts( and stops ) when it wants to and I have known friends that were late starters and have stopped their periods at 38 or so.
After 40 years of HEAVY periods, my LAVH is scheduled for Apr 8- and I am concerned about postop recovery. This site is great though, for sharing and caring..Thanks so much!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2004, 11:57 AM
This should make ya giggle alittle!

I started my period when I was 10, which was 30 yrs ago. My oldest dd started at 12, the next one also started at 12, one month before my hyst my 11 yr old started. My youngest will be 9 next month and I hope she waits just a little while longer!! My niece was 9 when she started.
My dh and I were discussing the money we would save on "products" when I have my hyst and my 11 yr old started the next day.....go figure! My poor dh...he is surrounded by pms!!!
lol!
chele
Unread 03-16-2004, 03:09 PM

Hi, I'm sure that it did surprise you when your little one started her periods just as you're close to ending yours. 9 is soooo young, I hope that she doesn't have a hard time of it all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2004, 12:28 PM
No DD's

I started my period at 8 two weeks before I turned 9 and it has been awful ever since... That was until my TAH. I never had a DD and there are days when I think the Lord knew that she would unfortunaltly carry on my blasted bad luck. My three boyzzz the oldest one bieng ten has already began showing signs of puberty so I am thinking if boys start later than girls I would have really been in trouble.
I guess the Good Lord really does know what is best.
Love ya
Jeni
Unread 03-28-2004, 08:44 PM
I was in 5th grade

I was all dressed up ready to go trick or treat with my little brother and went to the bathroom before we ran out the door. I got the TRICK!!!

Funny thing is later that year I got it at school and they don't have those handy dandy machines in the bathroom of elem school!!! I had to tell my teacher that I started and she had to ask all the teachers in the whole school, finnally they ended up sending someone to the store to buy me something. The whole time I was trapped in the bathroom waiting for someone to save me.

I am soooo glad I have boys!!!
Unread 04-19-2004, 06:30 AM
Unhappy - This should make ya giggle alittle! This should make ya giggle alittle!

i have 2 DDs 9 and 7. hopefully they have a good few years before starting periods. (i was 15) recent research into start of puberty has been linked to us all eating a diet with much more fat content than years gone by. hopefully my DDs will be spared the heavy ones that i had, and get by as ordinarily as possible. when time gets nearer, i will spell it out to them, as positive an experience as possible!!
also, while on my soapbox, what the hell does a priest know about relationships, married life, and for gods sake, girls and periods?? my girls are in catholic school, and they usually get a nurse or health visitor in. not ideal, i know, but a lot more suitable than a priest!! I think our Fr graham would quake in his boots if he had to deliver a lesson to 20 giggly embarrassed 10-11 year olds!
What a thought
Unread 04-20-2004, 11:23 AM

I'll say it again, I love this site! lol
I started my period at school when I was around 10. It was so embarrassing for me. I didn't realize I had started until some boy pointed out (loudly) that I had blood on me. So I ask you, what is a ten year old boy doing looking at that area anyway? lol
Anyway, they had to call my mom who couldn't get home, so the nurse ended up giving me this pad so thick it later reminded me of the ones they use in the hospital when you have a baby. And since I had messed up my pants and underwear too, I had to use some that nurse had on hand. It was awful!
I seriously hope my own kiddo starts hers at home. She's almost 10, but both she and DS already know about periods and babies and all that. What can I say, they asked a question and I answered it. Over the years they got pretty much the complete story. lol
Unread 04-22-2004, 12:12 AM
Smile - This should make ya giggle alittle! This should make ya giggle alittle!

WOW - I was so happy and thrilled to empty out my "feminine supply drawer" and hand it all over to my daughters, who are 18 & 20. Keeping just a few here for when they visit and need something (I live in rural area, hard to just run to store quick). Had to laugh a couple weeks ago when my 16 year old son, who lives with me, had his girlfriend over. He comes up to me, his face all red, and says his girlfriend "needs something and don't make me explain what". So I showed him my supply drawer. The poor boy wouldn't touch anything in the drawer, he had me put a tampon and a pad in his pocket (because he didn't know which his girlfriend wanted)! So funny.
Unread 05-11-2004, 09:43 PM

Oh how I remember learning about "becoming a woman" aka "getting your period". Back when I was in school it was taught to girls in 5th grade by our phy ed teacher. They'd send the boys outside to play for that class that day and we girls got to watch that wonderful movie and get our little pink book. Of course the boys begged us to tell them what we'd seen that day, and of course we were all way too embarrassed to say anything as we tried to hide our books! No such thing as sex ed back then, and boys SURE weren't told anything about this.

And oh how I loved it when after my TVH on 3/17/04 I happily announced that I wouldn't need them anymore and handed my whole bag of pads and 3 boxes of tampons to my 18 & 20 year old daughters - they just grumbled at me! I sure don't miss my week of hell each month.
Unread 05-31-2004, 10:37 PM

I have 3 DS's. 22-16-15
I wanted a daughter....especially with the third one....oh well....at least he had a head full of hair! LOL The others were bald.

After years of "female" trouble, I am so thankful that I had only sons. My Mom had a hyst at 28 due to prolapse. Now me at 39. Even though I could have used one at 35. - Thank God my sons will not have to go through all that.

But I still look forward to someday having a grand-daughter. I can spoil her and send her back to her parents.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register