possible cancellation-not coping | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

possible cancellation-not coping possible cancellation-not coping

Unread 03-16-2004, 08:35 AM
possible cancellation-not coping

i just got a call from the GYN's office...my surgery for tomnorrow may be cancelled because of EKG changes...i am to see my regular MD at noon for surgical clearance...

please be thinking of me...i don't know how i will find the strength to go thru another period like this one i am having now...i am in so much pain that it has made me nauseous and vomiting...

my DH is coming home from work to take me...

peace,
tish
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2004, 09:23 AM

Tish, I hope you get the go-ahead for your surgery. It's hard to be prepared for this surgery only to have it possibly be postponed. Hopefully you will be cleared and all will go on as planned!

Hang in there!
Unread 03-16-2004, 09:31 AM

My thoughts are with you and I hope everything goes as planned!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2004, 11:04 AM
possible cancellation-not coping well

I am also about to cancel my CAH . I so do not know what to do . My surgery is sechduled for 3/18 . I have had several different opinions and I am still not sure . I really thought I would be more at peace with this ! I am only 21 . I have pcos and disfunctioal uterine bleeding and pain . I have tried several different kinds of drugs over the past few years and nothing seem to be helping at this time . I think a lot of the problem is if I do not do the operation the Dr's have already said that there is nothing elese they can do for me . So what would I do ? The other problem is the pre op nurse and I did not hit it off so well . I also found out that the surgeon wrote on the surgery papers that this is an elective surgery . I don't understand ! I know what elective surgery is and I did not think this one was on the list . Now with the papers saying that I know the insurance will not cover it . I personaly do not want to walk away from this thinking that I chose this . I was referred to the sugeon I did not just walk in his office and say here I am give me a hyst . If anyone has any advice please help me . I am only 2 days away . Thanks and HUGS !
Unread 03-16-2004, 11:53 AM

Stephanie we talked thru IM I just wanted to remind you that I am here and that I believe everything will work out!

The ladies here are wonderful so hopefully someone may have been thru the same thing as you and can help guide you in the right direction.
Unread 03-16-2004, 02:39 PM

Stephanie--Please don't base your decision on the pre-op nurse's behavior; it is unlikely you will see him or her again, and if there was a chance, I think you could ask your doctor's office to request that that nurse not be on your case.

Also, are you SURE that your insurance will not cover your surgery if it is considered "elective"? I think that your surgery is elective, in that you can decide to have it or not, but that doesn't mean that it isn't a medically advisable approach. Elective does not mean frivolous. Elective is more like non-emergency.

My insurance company requires precertification for surgery; does yours? If so, you should already know if they cover you, with your surgery date so close.

Good luck to you! And Tish!
Unread 03-16-2004, 03:21 PM

Bele :

Thank you for the reply ! I never thought of looking at the elective part like that . I am sure I will never have to deal with that nurse again . My frined had her and did not like her either . I am more worried that I am loosing trust in the Dr and quick that is not a good thing . I have almost lost all my respect for him in the last 2 days . I was so sure the hyst was the right thing to do and now I am not so sure . I hate this big time . I wish we had a better offer from another Dr but we don't . We live in a small place and we have seen all the Dr's around here and some in the city as well . I am so lost I am so sick of everything . I am just starting to finish up my nursing degree and I have not been to school in days ! I feel like my world is crashing down on me !!! I do not know what more to say . Thanks again !

HUGS
Unread 03-16-2004, 03:36 PM

Stephanie--why, specifically, are you losing trust in the surgeon? This could be your intuition and your instincts, or it could be nerves--you'll see from many, many posts on this board that the sisters go through a full range of emotions while waiting to go to the Castle, and some do decide to postpone or try other alternatives. It does sound like you've had several doctors' opinions on your treatment options, are you confident in those opinions, just not this particular surgeon? If you do feel that this is the option for you, just not this surgeon, is there any other surgeon you could be referred to, even if it means going a little farther away?

It is really hard to make such an important and permanent decision when you're in pain! And you are so young for a hyst, so that may make this surgery seem even more daunting! And yet, it all comes down to YOU deciding what you need to do to take care of your body! I have no fancy graphics, but HUGS to you!
Unread 03-16-2004, 05:02 PM
possible cancellation not-coping

Belle57 :

I am not sure what to say . I am upset with the surgeon because he did not tell me a lot of things that are comming up now . He is calling this elective and I am not sure why nor do I care because I refuse to let this go as an elective thing . I do not think that I liked the other Drs opinons either I did not get that they knew what they were talking about . No there is not another surgeon that could do the operation . Again I do not know what to do . But I am running out of time and quick ! Time will tell all I guess .

HUGS
Unread 03-16-2004, 06:44 PM

I am also awaiting pre-approval for my surgery, with two doctors recommending it.
Mine is "elective" only because they explained they have to give me other options, it's up to me to decide, if it isn't a life threatening ER situation. But if I don't have elective surgery, I could end up becoming an ER patient again with emergency surgery, down the road.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register