For all the young ones on here! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

For all the young ones on here! For all the young ones on here!

Unread 03-17-2004, 06:58 AM
For all the young ones on here!

I am 30 and just had a tah/bso.Due to chronic pain.They found out I had chronic inflamation on uterus,ovarys,tubes.Also endo,adhisions, and varicous vains on uterus.That is why i went this way to get rid of years of pain plus dr.recommended it.

Anyhow, just wondering if afterwards anyone felt sad at times like did I make the right decision,etc.I have 2 young girls and i am grateful for and lucky to have.But deep down I feel like part of me is gone and I try not to think to deep about it.Has anyone out there felt like this.It would be nice to know.With alot of young ones 20-30s here on the board i was just wondering how others felt afterwards.Thanks everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2004, 07:06 AM

I was trying for a last baby when I collapsed in pain and had to be wheeled into the ER .

I guess sad as I was about my decision I wasnt willing to go through another month of pain.

Im crawling towards my 38th birthday

mei
Unread 03-17-2004, 07:12 AM

I am not young (48), but the loss is real. I suggest that you let it out as you are able to. I know that it is hard with children around to show your emotions, but keeping them pent up is not good for your mental health. There will be many women who will relate to your thread. With time you will go through a natural mourning period. Allow yourself to do this. I am sorry that you are so young and have to deal with this. There are many young women on this site. I am sure they will respond to your thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2004, 07:13 AM

I feel a sense of loss too. I had a total hysterectomy with both ovaries removed. I am not as young as you, I am 46, but still feel that sense of loss. I am sure, over time, that will fade.
Unread 03-17-2004, 07:24 AM

Hi

I am only 22 and had a LAVH on 3/9. I to felt that sense of loss and still have some trouble dealing with the fact that I will never have anymore children. Then I think about all those precious babies out there who don't have anyone and remember that just because I don't have my uterus anymore doesn't mean I can never have anymore children. I am lucky to have 2 beautiful children of my own. But yes the feeling of loss is with me even though I try not to think about it. However all the miserable pain and agony and severe bleeding is gone and I feel alive again. I am so very greatful for that.

Rene'
Unread 03-17-2004, 07:26 AM

I'm 35 and definatly have that sense of loss. My only child is 20 months, and it took a long time to conceive her, and I worry constently about her not having a brother or sister. I also worry about her having an accident and dying, leaving us childless. Just this morning, she slept later than usual, and I had to have my DH go in and check on her. I was worried that she wouldn't wake up and I know I couldn't face being the one to find her.

I'm not sure when this feeling of loss will go away, if ever. I'm eternally greatful for my wonderful, creative, loving daughter, but I know I'll always have a little regret.
Unread 03-17-2004, 07:45 AM

I understand what you're feeling too.I am 31,have 3 beautiful little girls and although my husband and i felt like we were done having children, it's still there(the sense of loss) because i know the choice is taken away.they found the cancer while i was pregnant and the surgery was done soon after, so i still have an infant at home.i think when it will really hit me is in a few years, when they're older and i may have thought about having another.then it will really sink in. Like the other women here, I also feel blessed to have what i have though and thank goodness my cancer was found early so i don't have to leave my girls without a mother. I've never had surgery before, but i also thingk having anything removed would cause a sense of loss-it's something that was a part of you.
Unread 03-17-2004, 07:54 AM

Yep, I know that feeling, I'm 32, and was only able to have 1 child, even though we wanted more, sometimes I feel like my hubby got jipped because he married me and I have such horrible health problems, but then I am thankful for the one beautiful little boy I was able to have, and I can always adopt, there are plenty of children who need homes.
Unread 03-17-2004, 08:06 AM

I'm 30 and have no children- we've only been married 20 months and weren't ready for children when they found cancer in my uterus. The choice was easy- have the surgery, the cancer goes away and I live a happy, healthy life, or try to have a baby, the cancer could (and probably would) spread, I could be dead in a short time. There are so many babies that need good homes, adoption is a wonderful thing. I don't really feel a sense of loss, I look at the positive side- no more periods, no more birth control, no more PMS. When we are ready for children, we will adopt.
Unread 03-17-2004, 08:10 AM

I am 30, had TAH kept right ovary 2-12, I always wanted a house full of children. I am blessed with 2 dd's. I have had problems from the day I started. I had an etopic (tubal preg) between the 2, dr told dh that If I tried again, I may not make it through. DH got fixed 8 wks after dd was born, to make sure they would have a mommy growing up. I dont regret having the surgery. Im glad I did. I will be a better person without the pain, bleeding all the time.

They will have a new and improved mommy!!!

Tonya
Bless you all!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register