climara | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-17-2004, 07:58 AM
climara

Hi Sisters,
I went for my 2 week post op check up yesterday from my LAVH. Had everything removed except cirvex. Had my stitches taken out and then spoke to the Dr. I told her I was having night sweats, hot flashes, and days where I could not stop crying.
She said she was going to put me on a 1 mg. patch called "Climara"
I was just wondering if any of you are on this patch, and if you are how are you feeling on it?
I was also wondering if I was doing the right thing by going on HRT?
This is all so new to me and I am so confused.
Any input you can give would really help 's

Thank you for letting me vent and I hope everyone is healing and getting stronger day by day.
Thanks again and best of luck
Karen

:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2004, 09:44 AM
climara

I was also wondering if 1mg is going to be to much
as I know there are lower doses also?

Help Please
Thanks

:
Unread 03-17-2004, 09:53 AM
climara

Brand new Climara user here. I had TAH, everything went. Surgery was on the 10th and so far, the patch has been fine. I just changed it this morning. I have a heart problem and this was deemed the best option for me. I am 54 and had experienced hot flashes and crying jags before going on hormones. I think the patch is going to work for me. My dose is .05 mg, seems to be working fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2004, 10:18 AM
climara

thank you for the reply

glad to know its helping you. Hope it helps me. My DH has insurence where I had to mail the perscription so I should have the patch by next week. I will be 42 in may and have dibaties and the obgyn said this was a good choice for me. I have an apt with my reg Dr next week and I will also ask him what he thinks.

Woner why she gave me 1 mg when there are lesser doses? Guess if its to much she can adjust it. Im just so nervous about the whole HRT thing

Thanks again for your help 's

Karen
:
Unread 03-17-2004, 10:22 AM
climara

I had been taking Prempro for about a year. That was not a good long term choice for my heart and not a choice after TAH. For some odd reason the Dr. gave me a non refillable prescription for 4 patches. Maybe it was to see how it goes before doing it long term. This is all just a bunch of fun, right?
Unread 03-17-2004, 10:36 AM
climara

It sure is a lot of fun!! LOL

I had a LAVH and tomorrow I will be 2 weeks pos op
I am feeling really well, and doing more then I should so I guess it would be to much to ask not to have these hormonal problems so I can feel 100% better.
Oh wellguess its all part of the package...
Just hope this patch works and I dont have to try a million different things.
Keep your fingers crossed for me
Thanks

's
Unread 03-17-2004, 10:42 AM
climara

Consider them crossed!
Unread 03-17-2004, 10:48 AM
climara

Was on Climara since 24 hours post-op, than the pharmacy gave me Estriodol the generic, worked fine, but the nite mare of keeping it on was horrible. Right now I am trying the Vivelle Dot at 0.05 mg. We'll see how that works, I didn't put it on right away and Monday eve and Tuesday were bad, don't know if it was because of that. But I feel a bit better today.

The Climara generic is a big ugly peach dot that doesn't stick, make sure they give the the real thing. terri
Unread 03-17-2004, 10:54 AM
climara

terbear
Thank you so much.

I hope it works I hate having to go from one to the other to another, Im wondering why I got a high dose 1 mg.???

Do you like the dot better or do you like it because it sticks better?
My obgyn said im getting a clear patch and I have to change it once a week. Why did you get the generic(?) was it because of insurance company?

Thanks
Karen
:
Unread 03-17-2004, 11:07 AM
climara

I guess they just automatically give the generic, my pharmacist put a note on for refills never to give me that again, md also hates the generic and the pharmacist said many women complain and some have called the company to let them know it is bad.

The 1 mg. is not excessive but I am surprised that they didn't start with a smaller dose 1st, maybe it was because of the severity of your sypmtoms. Next time you see md ask for 1 week of the lower dose to see if that is good.

The Vivelle dot is actually a small rectangle, clear, except they put their name all over it. The Climara is also clear, a bit larger. The only thing is that the Climara is once a week and the Vivelle is 2 x a week.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register