Endo Question... Weirod feeling | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Endo Question... Weirod feeling Endo Question... Weirod feeling

Unread 03-17-2004, 07:56 PM
Endo Question... Weirod feeling

I think I am loosing it.... My pain in my left lower pelvic side is pretty uncomfterble tonight... I feel like I am getting some sort of electrical charges down my leg all the way to my ankle... Is this normal? I have felt pain in my leg before but never this kind of electrical type of feelings. It's almost like some thing is hitting a nerve... Any thoughts!!??

Kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2004, 02:59 AM

((Kim)),
I'm sorry your experiencing this new type of pain Something *hitting a nerve* could be a real possibility <sigh> Have you ever been dx'd with having any type of Nerve Damage? or Back problems? I ask because both those conditions could create this type of pain
Hopefully, someone will come along with some more insight or experience with a similar pain. IMO, I would relay this to my Dr so he is aware of this new symptom....there could be something he can try or do that could possibly help alleviate it ?!? Pls keep us posted! I do hope you can feel better soon

(((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))
Unread 03-18-2004, 05:02 AM

Sheri,

Thanks for your responce... The only real back problems I've had stem from my childhood, age about 15 to 20 yrs ago. When I was 6 or 7 I was in a car accident and had back & neck problems for about 4 or 5 yrs. Other wise besides tht I have never really had a hole lot of back pain. Maybe a day here or a day there every so often. I have never been diagnosed with any nerve damage either.

I am so post to be getting a call some time today from my family doctor with the results of the MRI so I will be sure to mention this to her. Would anything like this show up on the MRI? What could cause nerve damage or this type of feeling?

I will keep you all posted when I hear the results.

Kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2004, 06:11 AM
((Kim))

Hi ,
I hope your feeling better and the pain is not to bad! Have you found out what it is yet? Question did your leg feel like pins and needles and go numb? The reason I ask is because its happen to me just once! It does sound llike it could be a nerve
In the meantime I will light my candles and say a er for you! I hope you are feeling better!
Many 's
colette
Unread 03-18-2004, 06:20 AM

i also get the pain down my legs.....it is like a hard throbbing with real pain that shoots up and down i feel like a barbie dall that someone is pushing on mu outer hips and trying to snap my legs off.............intersting hu.....my body is a freak
Unread 03-21-2004, 12:11 AM

Ok this is so weird....i had my hysterectomy in July 2003..I have recently had these same feelings...except my pain starts at or around my buttocks region and go all the way down...it feels like a pinch or shock...i havent told my doctor about this because it comes and goes in a flash and doesnt do it all the time. I think it could be a pinched nerve or something along the line, i have had a few minor back problems in the past.. but now it has me wondering....im gonna make an appointment with the doc or chiropractor soon....will keep you updated...Good luck to all of you ladies...God Speed
Unread 03-21-2004, 05:51 AM

When I told my doctor about this she felt it was from the Endo or Adheasions. I told her it felt like something was hitting my nerve & sending electrical shocks down my leg, kind of when you touch an electrical fence.

She said it was a very good possibility that something was hitting a nerve.

Kim
Unread 03-21-2004, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Would anything like this show up on the MRI? What could cause nerve damage or this type of feeling?
The surgery itself could cause Nerve Damage exp a Hysterectomy <sigh> Researchers have discovered a lot more into how the pathways of our Nerves are layed out. Previously, it was never thot to be a concern big enough to study and try to prevent this.
Women are wired differently, what they thot had no effect on our responses has proved differently, thus the research

Adhesions can wrap around a nerve also...as you know with Endo, Adhesions can become quite an issue. I found a few sites that discuss this issue <nerve damage> and how it can occur:

Some symptoms of Nerve Pain or damage:
  Quote:
  • pain located anywhere, usually superficial (on the surface of the body)
  • location does not change for subsequent episodes
    sharp, stabbing pain or constant, burning pain
    nerve pain or pain along the path of a specific nerve
  • sharp or stabbing or constant burning pain
    usually no loss of function
  • increased sensitivity of the skin, any touch or pressure is interpreted as pain
  • any touch or pressure is interpreted as pain
    movement may be painful

Gynecological Pain in the Clinic

Ilioinguinal Nerve Entrapment and Pain in Endometriosis

What problems can adhesions cause?
  Quote:
While most adhesions do not cause trouble, adhesions can lead to a variety of potentially serious complications including:
Pelvic pain: Adhesions are a common cause of pelvic pain – an estimated 38 percent of women suffering from pelvic pain have adhesions. Adhesions cause pelvic pain because they bind normally separate organs and tissues together, essentially "tying them down" so that the stretching and pulling of everyday movements can irritate nearby nerves.
http://www.gynecare.com
((Kim)), did your Dr suggest any possible treatment options when she stated that the *hitting of a nerve was a possibility*??
Hopefully, she can find some further insight & relief to this for you
Good Luck

(((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))
Unread 03-22-2004, 04:28 PM

Sheri,

Thank you for all the information... I need to spend some time checking out the websites prior to my appointment on Thursday.

She did not give me anymore dirrection, just has set me up to see a new GYN on Thursday. Right now I am feeling great. This cr*p just seems to effect me about 10 days a month & may hit a few days a month besides the 10 days. When it hits I just want to die. I am in so much agony. I can't even rate the pain on a pain scale anymore. I've had kidney stones before and would take them any day over this stuff. I didn't even take pain pills when I had them. DH says I have a high tolrance of pain. But this just really knocks me out.

Kim

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register