Cervix Question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cervix Question Cervix Question

Unread 10-29-2000, 09:39 PM
Cervix Question

What does it feel like after they remove your cervix? Should it be smooth? I have had nightmares since surgery and think the doctor forgot to remove something. I don't want to get too graphic but would like to know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2000, 11:17 PM
Cervix Question

It's closed up in a nice little Vaginal Cuff. Things are still pretty high up -- I haven't been able to feel anything touching it, if you know ehat I mean.
Unread 10-29-2000, 11:24 PM
Cervix Question

Mariann, I guess the cuff part should then feel like a cuff of a sleeve? but tight like a cervix? What I feel is like a doughnut with chunks out of it. kinda like a cervix with pieces missing. If he forgot to remove my cervix I will freak out....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2000, 11:28 PM
Cervix Question

Patricia=
First I have to say, you are braver than me, I didn't really check it out yet. But I doubt the Dr. forgot to remove your cervix as they have to account for every organ they remove, and I believe that they have to send everything through pathology also.
Just because it isn't smooth doesn't mean it wasn't done right. Imagine when you have a cut and need stitches. Sometimes the area that is stitch isn't always pulled together even, and the scar is not a nice neat line, but it still healed up. The Dr. worked with what he could to pull it together to stitch it.
If I were you I would call the Dr.'s office tomorrow and either ask for the Dr. to call you back or discuss it with a nurse there. In the meantime, consider it normal.
It may also feel like it's not uniform because there is still swelling there.
Unread 10-29-2000, 11:37 PM
Cervix Question

Kat, I tried you IM but your not on and believe me if anything else could go wrong it would be that he forgot to do something, like remove my cervix. My IM is rpjohnson8 if your still around.
Unread 10-29-2000, 11:45 PM
Cervix Question

Patricia-
Sorry I had my IM blocked. Tried to IM you but you already signed off, hopefully we can catch each other sometime tomorrow.
Send me an e-mail if you want and you can explain to me in further detail, what's going on.
Unread 10-30-2000, 10:56 AM
Cervix Question

Dear Patricia,

My doc described the vaginal cuff like pinching the end of an empty toilet paper tube, then sewing it shut.

You are still very early in recovery... your innards will probably change more as they heal more.

I hope you're feeling better every day,
Unread 10-30-2000, 06:31 PM
Cervix Question

TVH/BSO 9/6/00

Dear Twyla,

Your explantion was great! Now I have a clear picture.

Thanks,
Sara
Unread 10-31-2000, 09:47 AM
Cervix Question

Hi Sara... funny thing is: I work for a toilet paper company!! The doc doesn't know that... snicker

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register