MRI Results are in... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

MRI Results are in... MRI Results are in...

Unread 03-18-2004, 04:03 PM
MRI Results are in...

My doctor called me this afternoon to say that the MRI looked fine, did not see anything abnormal...

She is refuring me to a new GYN with recomandations for Lap, with possible BSO. She feels that my endo is back as well as possible adheasions. She also said this could have something to do with my bladder pain also.

She said she will call me tomorrow to let me know about the appoinment. I am numb right now... I don't know weather to cry, laugh or jump off a bridge...

I got some good news too... We recieve our paper work from the state saying we are accepted to start the adoption process. So I know I need to keep my head up high, but it's hard.

Any advice or suggestions greatly appreciated... I'm sure I will have more questions as this sinks in a bit. Infact I now I will.

Kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2004, 04:50 PM
MRI Results are in...

Kim,

Congrats on the adoption approval.

Based on my experience, I encourage you to not take the doctor's news too hard. I have a long history of endo, but when my doc did the last lap he said I was remarkably clean of endo, at least the visible kind. My problems were adhesions and I have felt less pain since those were "taken down".

I know its hard to be patient and not to worry. In my experience stress/worry only made me feel that much worse. I was so stressed that I started a low dose of zoloft and that has helped tremendously.

Hang in there and keep us posted!!!

s
Unread 03-18-2004, 08:08 PM
MRI Results are in...

Dear (((Kim)))

One thing that I experienced as a problem secondary to the endo was enlarged ovarian veins on my right side. My doctor said they think it happens because of the excess prostaglandins that result from the endometriosis. It resulted in terrible pain from my right ovary which the doctor ended up removing in 1999 as it turned out to be one of the most painful areas during a pain mapping (that and a cyanotic area on the front of my uterus).

I had constant pain from my right ovary, but for about 1-2 weeks every month (right before/during my period) it would literally feel like it was going to explode. When I found out it was from pelvic congestion, the sensation made sense because of the pressure from the pelvic congestion...

I mention this because if you feel you are having ovarian pain every cycle, pelvic congestion might be a problem to consider. I had a pelvic venogram in 1999 which showed blood pooling in several spots along my right ovarian vein... then I had the RSO... it helped my pain level alot. In 2003 I had another pelvic venogram and it was normal... but had she found a similiar problem with my left side I would have tried embolizing the problem veins to see if it would reduce the pain enough to avoid surgery.... so it is just something to consider... of course, with a history of endo it could be that or adhesions too... but I just wanted to make sure you were aware of this possibility.

ANother thing to consider is the risk of further endometriosis if you keep your ovaries.... it can come back even after a BSO but the risk apparently is much lower in that case.

Best of luck with your upcoming appointments. I hope the new doctor is a good/nice one...

Sarah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2004, 05:00 AM
MRI Results are in...

Thank you both for the replies... I am trying not to worry... But we all know how that goes. Hopefully today my Family doctor will call me with my referal... I'm nervouse about having to see an new GYN. But I do feel pretty confindent that my family doctor has done a good job at trying to help see what is causign the pain. She has had me have a colonoscopy, CT, Ultra Sound & a MRI.

When I get in to see the GYN I am going to be sure to aske about pelvic congestion. I feel it is worth checking with him or her to see what they think. It does feel like I am going to pop down there and the pain is every month & last for about 10 days or so. I also may have pain on an off for a few hours or a day here and there but nothing like the 10 day strech that I go through every month. Hopeful they will also be able to see what's up with my bladder at the same time. The uro suspected possible adheasions after he did two cysto's & did not see anything. His advise was to wait untill I was 6 months & go back to see my GYN that did my LAVH. ( dont trust the guy because he has blown me off since day one when I was having pain after my surgery so I don't feel comfterble about going back).

One thing I have learned from you all is if don't feel comfterble with the doctor seek as second opion.

Kim
Unread 03-19-2004, 06:31 AM
MRI Results are in...

Kim,

Congrats on the adoption news!!! That is wonderful to hear. I am adopted myself and am so happy to see when other people out there have enough love to give to someone else's child that they did not give birth to. You and your dh deserve big hugs for that!!!!!

At least the MRI didn't show anything although we know that endo and adhesions don't show up. Hopefully your referral will be to a good gyn and yes it can be scary changing doctors. been there and done that and am doing it again myself in 2 weeks. I think a good suggestion might be that although they will most likely get your records forwarded to them is make up a list of everything you have had done, when, etc and then make up a list of the issues you are now dealing with, maybe you could even send this to the new gyn prior to your appt and give them a chance to review your history a little before you get there and they will have a better idea of what to talk about when you do go for your appt. That is what I am going to try and do over the next 2 weeks before I go see the new uro/gyn that I found this week.

I am trying to think positive and yes it is hard, when you have to always wait, I hate waiting for news regarding my health, it doesn't help the stress level a whole lot. But as Michelle stated worrying can sometimes just aggravate our symptoms and make us feel worse.

In my case I feel positive already about this new doc because the number that I had found for her unbeknownst to me was her home number, she was kind enough to call me back at home after hours and left information for me to call to get an appt and yesterday even emailed the same info to me to make sure I got it. I thought that was a very positive sign straigt up!!!!!

Keep us posted and know you are not alone here and that we are here to offer all the hugs and support we can!!!!!

Again, congrats on the other good news and try to rest when you can and think about the wonderful chapter that is beginning in your life and maybe by the time all that starts your health issues will be dealt with and out of the way and you can start down this new road of happiness!!!!

jody
Unread 03-19-2004, 07:25 AM
((((((KIM)))))

Congrats on the adoption news I think that is wonderful news! You and Dh must be so excited, that is so nice something to look forward too!! Bringing a child into your life will make a world of difference for you and bring a smile to your face everyday!
I suffer from endo and I am a big time Adhesion suffer i have had many surgeries for them which i do feel better for a bit but they come right back.
I agree it is very scary changing doctors right now i'm in the middle of it myself! I am from Arizona and am on state medical called ACCCHS and i do not have a doctor at all because the dropped a contract and my doctor was with that contract! Not good for me because i have a liver tumor So I'm fighting for a doctor and just might end up in the ER!
The waiting is the hardest part i'm in limbo right now not knowing weather my tumor is benign or not it is very scary and time is of the essance right now! So i know exactly how you feel and it does add to the stress more I think.
So try to rest and think positive thing of the child that will be coming into your life what a blessing congrats again!
Many Many Hugs and Kisses!
Love Colette
Unread 03-21-2004, 05:47 AM
MRI Results are in...

Sorry I did not post sooner to let you all know that I have an appointment with a new GYN on this Thursday. (DH & I have been very busy with adoption stuff most of the weekend.) My family doctor stated that she will send all my hole file over to the new GYN, which includes the Colonoscopy, CT, Ultra Sound, & MRI. I know I will need to get my records from my old GYN to this new doctor, but I know my old GYN is slow & it will them sometime to get them over to him.

I'm going to sit down and write everything out. I have been keeping track of the days that I have been in pain for the last 3 months, hopefull this will help. As well as I plan on sitting down & writing out some history of my past GYN problems. DH said he would also help me come up with a list of questions since he will not be able to come with me. I plan on making sure that he knows that I have been bladder pain as well as everything else.((Sarah)) asking about pelvic congestion... I feel at this point anything is a possibility...

((Jodie)),
I am glad to hear that you also got into see someone. Hopefully we both will have a plan of action to help us. I know that I will not get all the awnsers, to the reason for my pain (been trying for over 5yrs so I know it is not going to happen over night) but a plan of action to fined the reason will make me feel much better.

((LuckyLady)),
I hope you will be able to get into a doctor as soon as possible to see a doctor... If not please go to the ER & seek some treatment. I am saying a prayer for you that tumor is benign. Please keep us posted.

I also want to say thank you all for the wishes on the adoption. DH & I desided yesterday after some long consideration we want to try for a sibling group of 2 girls. I am so excited about becoming a mom!!

KIM
Unread 03-21-2004, 11:15 AM
MRI Results are in...

Dear ((Kim))

I am so happy for you and your adoption. I am glad things are moving ahead for you and you will soon be a Mom and a very important part of the lives of two children.

PLease let us know how everything goes with the new doctor. I can tell you that I have an excel spreadsheet where I have kept track of the key medical events related to my pelvic pain in chronological order. I try to keep it brief so that the doctor can easily see what has happened. It has been extremely helpful and I have had several doctors comment on that. I think being brief is key for doctors. (I also include treatment and results as well as tests).

Last year when I had my first appointment with the Mayo surgeon I brought in only my excel spreadsheet, all operative reports but only recent tests (since the hyst).

Sarah
Unread 03-24-2004, 08:35 PM
MRI Results are in...

Well tomorrow is the big day that I see the GYN that my family doctor refered me to. DH suggested that I try to right down my history from the start. Took me 2 hours and I still feel like I did not get it all down.

I sure hope that they are able to do something before I have to go through another cycle of pain. I don't know if I can do it. I can't take my pain pills at work because I can't think on them & I don't want to drive on them either.

I have been tracking my left sided pain for the last three months, should of did this along time ago. (been having this pain since about 02 in the left side prior to that it was in the right sided which I had the endo removed on the right side in 02). Seems like my pain last about 10 days. Hopefull this information will be of help.

Hopefully I have a good up date for you all tomorrow.

Kim
Unread 03-25-2004, 06:29 AM
Good Luck Kim~~~

We are rooting for you for some resolution!!! Please keep us posted on how things go today!!!!

Hopefully it is good news with a not so complicated solution. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers today and look forward to your news later today!!!!!

Hang in there girlfriend!!!!

jody

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register