Bowel Reconstruction | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bowel Reconstruction Bowel Reconstruction

Unread 03-18-2004, 04:53 PM
Another surgery on March 30th

Hello sisters.....another surgery #4 on March 30th. I have a 10cm mass, may be attached to my bowels with a smaller mass inside of it - need surgery ASAP and I feel like I have no time to plan, just got the date today. I may need reconstructive surgery - I'm terrified, if anyone can share what to expect, I'd really appreciate it - the good, the bad and the ugly would help me - I'd rather be informed and prepared, even if it's over prepared.
The first time was an unknown so I was afraid.....never had any kind of surgery at all...second time I was sad because that was the TAH....third time I was nervous due to the cancer scare and the finality of removing my remaining ovary. NOW I'M JUST TERRIFIED. I have a constant burning inside of my tummy.....like someone rubbed Ben-Gay sports cream on the inside of my tummy. Anyone experience that sensation?

Heeeeeeelpppppp!!!!!

Thanks sisters!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2004, 05:30 PM
Bowel Reconstruction

Hi Donna,

Sorry you are terrified, but it is normal to feel this way. I know I was. My hyst was my first major surgery ever. It helped to keep busy getting things ready for the big day and of course finding this site was very comforting. I didn't feel so alone.

I wish you the best on your upcoming surgery. The good thing to think of is that you will be getting rid of what has been giving you so much trouble, so relief will be on the way for you.

Take care. I will be thinking of you.

s
Unread 03-19-2004, 07:53 AM
hi Donna

I had a resection of my Bowels and I had absoultly no time to think about it and I was scared to death> I remember asking the doctor not to let me die.
I went in on 9/9/03 for adhesion removal with a scope and i was only suppose to be in the hospital for a couple days. Well on 9/11/03 2 days after my first surgery i was in so much pain it was horrible my surgeon ordered a Barium X-ray not fun i was having trouble breathing and looked 9 months pregnant! Well lo and behold the tech found a hole in my intestines. So I ended up in emergency surgery its all such a blurr right now. But he took like 6 inches of my colon and i did not have no colosopy bag although he told me i might need a temperary one but to my surprise i did not get one!
I can tell you that you probley will wake up with a NG tube, i di its just so your bowels can rest! It is some what uncomfortable but just remember your bowels will need a rest! And that you need to have this surgery it is for the better! Just rember to discuss with your surgeon the possibility for adhesions and if he could use a barrier! That is very important that you go in armed with info! You are your own health advocate! I know its hard but try not to panic it really is not that bad! Not to scare you but i was in the Hospital for 17 days with infections but that was my body not yours every one is different!
You will be Just fine! Just take some slow deep breathes and focus don't panick many have bowel surgery and make it through and far as the mass don't worry yet until ya know for sure it could be bnign so don't worry i know easier said than done LOL! I will say a for you! and sending you many
Hugs and Kisses Colette

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register