Bladder, Bowel problems. - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bladder, Bowel problems. Bladder, Bowel problems.

Unread 03-27-2004, 06:51 PM
Bladder, Bowel problems.

Hi Carolyn Sue, I was first told I had uterine prolapse, so I had a hyst last April. Dr. thought it would take some weight off the cystocele (Bladder prolapse). Then down came my bladder, and beginnig of Rectocle (rectom). The cystocele was very bad, stage three I think is what he said. It was outside hanging out (sorry for the visual) and very uncomfortable. I didn't have incotinence so he did "Bladder tack" instead of sling procedure. I have been to several dr.s about cystocele (long story) anyway they all had different views. The dr. that did it was a Uroligist and was very good. He was the only one that even disscussed the rectocele. Rectocele repair can be tricky because it can cause problems, with intercourse, painful too. We decided to wait on that because it is stage two, and not that bad yet. I was told I have total pelvic prolapse, and may have more repair, vaginal and rectom. Now the great part, I had the surgery on 3-8-04 and I feel great! I'm trying really hard to be good NO LIFTING at all. He made it very clear, most likely a permanent restriction. Lifting puts strain on pelvic, like heavy lifting. It's possible your bladder came down after he tacked it up. One of the dr.s told me that could happen. I'm retired, because of Fibromayalgia and Arthritis, but I really feel good after the surgery, it was not too evasive. He did the surgery vaginally, and it was out patient! I was home on the couch, and comfy. I hope this was some help to you. Good luck and I hope everything goes well for you. This problem is more common than I thought. Be well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2004, 09:31 PM
Bladder, Bowel problems.

Hi catlau!

I am back on the site again and found your post something I can identify with. I am looking at another surgery (second time for bladder after hysterectomy). My question is did the urologist do the bladder repair through your vagina or abdomen? How did you decide to have the urologist do the procedure instead of the gyn? I have a wonderful urologist (for another situation that I had to deal with - removal of kidney for cancer), but I did not consider him to do bladder work through the vaginal area. What do you think?

Thanks, Katidid
Unread 04-04-2004, 07:26 AM
Bladder, Bowel problems.

Hi Katidid The Urolosgist did the repair through the vagina, with a scope. He used cadaver tissuse to attatch it so it would make it stronger when he stitched it up. Keep in mind dr.s have different procedures, some do the "sling" and some do the "tack". Like I said he did the baldder tack because I did not have incontinence. He, the urolisgist explained this to me. One of the first dr.s I went to was a big shot at U of M , a gynouroligist (I'm not sure if I said that right). Any way his assistant talked to me first and examined me, ok then Mr. big shot spent like two min with me and was very short with me. Didn't give me a chance to ask any questions, didn't talk to me about other issues. I wanted to cry when I left, because he was supposed to be so "good". I saw red flags and didn't want to go back to him, so I told my husband. I went to yet another dr. and we changed our primary dr. too. Back to sqaure one. The uroligist that did the surgery seemed so knowlagable, and was very patient and kind. He asked me several times if I had any other questions, about rectocele, cystocele, or prolapse. He talked to me about the Fybromyalgia and arthritits and how he didn't want to be too evasive so I would have a better recovery. It was a very non evasive surgery, and I am feeling great still. Just kind of tired. Be Well

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register