Where is bladder pain located? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Where is bladder pain located? Where is bladder pain located?

Unread 03-19-2004, 09:38 PM
Where is bladder pain located?

Hi, Ladies -

Here's a silly anatomy question. If you have bladder pain, where do you feel it? I thought I had bladder pain related to my urology issue - but the urologist said that the pain is not related and to call my GYN - maybe I have more endo, maybe adhesions.

Yesterday, this pain rose to about a 6 on a scale of 10 (Ibrupropen wouldn't stop it). It was intense - similar to the kind and level of pain I used to get when I ovulated (but I have no ovaries now.) I always complained about pain on the left side - which is where this pain is - just to the left of the navel.

I made an appt with the GYN for Tuesday - and now the pain has subsided a little. I guess I should still go and let him know about the pain.

Anyway, if anyone who knows what bladder pain feels like could tell me, I would appreciate it!

Thanks,
Danette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2004, 07:29 AM

What is it with the left side Seems its more often the left than the right around here.

I also had pain mostly on the left side and it turned out to be adhesions causing it. My left ovary was tied to the pelvic side wall. I also had a long adhesion running from my navel area to my left round ligament.

In January, my doc removed the adhesions and I have felt much better. Also I am on a low dose of zoloft for the last several weeks and that has helped with the pain management as well.

Hope you find an answers soon and are on the road to recovery!!!

s
Unread 03-20-2004, 10:15 AM

Danette,
When my bladder is acting up I feel like something is pulling and sitting in my lower abdominals. Sometimes it can radiate down to my pelvis region. I've not had alot of bladder issues, mainly the need to go ALOT or not being able to go. I think the not being able to go is the worst, definetly very painful.

Please do keep your appt with the You may want to jot down a few notes about the pain, how often it comes and what it feels like. I tend to forget things once I'm in the doc's office and than kick myself as I'm leaving because I forgot to tell him/her some things.

Good luck! Do let us know how the appt goes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2004, 06:23 PM

((((Danette))))) I'm so sorry you're in so much pain

The only experience I had with bladder pain was when I had a massive UTI, prior to my hyst. My pain was a lot like ((((Kim)))) described: in the lower labs, with a lot of pressure. In my case, I had an almost constant need to go, but couldn't go. And when I went, it would hurt and cause even more of the same lower abs pain and pressure

OTOH, I've been having a lot of cyclic pain in my lower right abs and it sounds similar to your pain. And, because of the cyclic nature of the pains, and where it's located, I was convinced it was my right ovary giving me grief (I've kept both my ovaries). However, it turns out that my pain is cause by bowel spasms. Seems to be related to my IBS (even though my IBS never caused bowel spasms before my hyst), and I've since learned that one of the triggers for IBS symptoms is PMS.

I agree that keeping your appointment with your GYN is a good idea. If anything, it will rule out any possible GYN concerns. At best, you'll find out the source of your pain.

Sending lots of s your way. Please keep us posted.
Unread 03-21-2004, 06:00 AM

Danette,

My bladder pain use to be towards the end of urination. Now it is starting shortly after I start. It feels like someone is pulling or squeesing my bladder. I can't tell you quite where the pain is, but rather when I feel it. I know if I try to move a differnt way while going I can feel a bad pull all the way up to my belly botton Like if I try to sit up straight.

My family doctor also suspects endo or adheasions to be the cause of this. When I saw my URO in Dec before my last cysto it was also brought to my attention my the URO that it could be adheasions, but that I would need to go back to my GYN to talk to him about the issue. That was not an option for me at that time so I had just desided to wait to see if it would get better & try to seek reason for my left sided pain because it was so much worce & still is then the bladder pain.

Kim
Unread 03-21-2004, 02:21 PM

Thanks for the replies.

I feel silly not knowing where the pain is - but for some reason, I thought the pain was connected to the leaky bladder. Since the urologist doesn't think so - I'm not sure what I have ahead of me. I know I am leaking urine - but it is a tiny amount. However, this pain was enough to distract me from work and sleep - so maybe that is more urgent. However, now that I have made the appt with the GYN - the pain subsided. I wonder if I was wear tight clothes the day it hurt more - and it hurts less with looser clothes.

I was surprised by the results of my two surgeries (lap and Hyst) that he did not find more endo than he did - or find it on my bowel or bladder. Maybe he did not find it, but it was there. I think I will have to track the pain more closely.

On the other hand, I am definitely in a lot less pain than before the hyst. I felt like I was in labor about 10 days a month. I don't have that kind of pain any more. That pain radiated throughout my whole abdomen. This pain is more localized.

I'm glad we can all support each other through this - it means a lot to me.

Thanks,
Danette

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register