hyperplasia - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN


HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Reply
  #11  
Unread 03-23-2004, 06:25 AM
hyperplasia

As I read these threads and others too, I am starting to realize that it isn't just the thought of them going in and taking everything out. A large part of me says do it, like 99%. The other 1% is fear of letting go of my parts.
The biggest fear I have is getting old. So taking this step is just driving it home sooner. I realize it happens to everyone, but I don't have to like it.
I know I am aging. I see it every day when I wake up and look in the mirror. An extra line around the mouth or eyes. The sagging everything. Gravity has a hold on me and is winning.
As much as I want to age gracefully, I am fighting it all the way.
I don't feel any different than when I was younger. I know more things now, not as gullible, or naive. That is just experience.
I tell myself that I look good and younger today then I will tomorrow. Because tomorrow I will be one day older. No one gets younger.
Enjoy today, you don't know what will happen tomorrow. Age is just what you think it is. I've heard all the sayings. A lot of it is the media, everywhere you look, young and beautiful is the in thing. As much as I would like to not pay attention to that stuff, they seem to ram it down my throat every where I turn.
Even after all this, please believe me when I say that I like myself very much. I am a nice person, I feel pretty, I try to take care of myself, I say and think positive things to myself.
The reality of it all is that we all will age, besides what is the alternative? Death! I think I will take aging, with all its little ups and many downs.
Thanks to everyone who reads this for letting me bend your ear.
J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #12  
Unread 03-23-2004, 07:40 AM
hyperplasia

Dear Redfire,

Just a comment I heard not long ago on the age thing:

"We have no choice about getting older, but we do have a choice about getting old."

All the best.

Blessings.
Marlene
Reply

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register




Thread Tools

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
From This Forum From Other Forums
1 Reply, Last Reply 01-20-2010, Started By turtle_avenger
27 Replies, Last Reply 10-09-2008, Started By lavenderwings
1 Reply, Last Reply 11-26-2007, Started By jgtalk
2 Replies, Last Reply 03-18-2007, Started By Ibeshoppin
12 Replies, Last Reply 10-13-2004, Started By yasmina
16 Replies, Last Reply 04-14-2004, Started By Jmac35
4 Replies, Last Reply 03-18-2004, Started By Jmac35
3 Replies, Last Reply 11-01-2003, Started By cyndeee
7 Replies, Last Reply 01-05-2002, Started By Newfie
3 Replies, Last Reply 04-27-2000, Started By jak54
1 Reply, Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives
4 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)
41 Replies, Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives
5 Replies, Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives
7 Replies, Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives
2 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
2 Replies, Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives
6 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)
6 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)
2 Replies, Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives



Advertisement

Hysterectomy News

April 18,2021

CURRENT NEWS

HysterSisters Takes On Partner To Manage Continued Growth And Longevity
I have news that is wonderful and exciting! This week’s migration wasn’t a typical migration - from one set ... News Archive

TODAY'S EVENTS

Calendar - Hysterectomies - Birthdays


Request Information


I am a HysterSister

HYSTERECTOMY STORIES

Featured Story - All Stories - Share Yours

FOLLOW US


Your Hysterectomy Date


CUSTOMIZE Your Browsing  


$vbulletin->featuredvideos is not an array!
Advertisement


Advertisement