afraid | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-22-2004, 02:40 AM
afraid

I don't know where to start. I'm trying to educate myself and have about a million questions. I've had trouble since I was 16 years old...lost an ovary. At 42 years old, I'm pretty sick and tired of being sick and tired and in pain. Last week I found out I have numerous fibroids all of uterus, attached to left hip bone ? (Is this common?) and not sure about bladder ( incontinence) . Breasts were full of fibroids and masses also. Getting ready for multiple tests( mammogram, uterus sonogram and biopsy, blood work and ? cystometry? Is this catherizing?). I hate needles. What can I do to minimize the overwhelming thoughts and questions I have?... so I can get some sleep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2004, 02:45 AM
afraid

Read the posts on the Pre-Op board. Lots of your questions will be answered and you'll realize you aren't the only one with those kinds of problems. Misery loves company?? Ha! All kidding aside, you'll get lots of great information and information is what you want to arm yourself with in your situation. I'm up posting at 3:50 a.m. because I'm scheduled for surgery at 11 a.m. today. I'm scared to death but I'm also reassured that so many before me have come through with flying colors and I'm expecting to added to that roster. Have faith and everything will work out for you. Good luck!
Unread 03-22-2004, 03:02 AM
Thank you

I will check the Pre-Op board out. Sounds like what I needed.
It's great you have a sense of humor...I've found it essential in life. Positive well wishes are being sent your way for your surgery today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2004, 04:54 AM
by coming to this website

is a major burden lifted,in my opinion. u can find answers,,an education,,,and everthing u need to know w/out feeling so frightful. i fell like a chicken at first too,,,but i made the right decisions from this place,,due to asking and learning and just getting myself more knowledge of my procedures and what to expect. heck,,im still learning more and more,,,and hope to continue so,,,good luck on your upcoming procedures,,,and all will be well.
Unread 03-22-2004, 07:34 AM
afraid

Thanks Lena! I just told my Dad. That was tuff. I am caregiver for my husband's parents and my Dad. Do all their yard work and landscaping, doctor appointments and house repairs. I know they're all being supportive and want me to take care of myself but they're as worried as I am about if something happens to me what will happen to them and how the family is going to manage while I'm down. My husband's taking it the hardest and passed out on me when I told him. My side is hurting so bad this morning and I feel like I'm walking through a thick fog. I think I'll just sit down for a good cry before I get started on my chores for the day. It's so good to hear from others going through it too...
I don't feel so alone. Thank you again!
Unread 03-22-2004, 07:44 AM
cry cry cry

it feels so good,,,my hubby was scared at first,,,but we talked it out,,and continued talking,,up until the day of surery. he was nervous,,,i can tell,,cuz he backed away from me and got kinda annoyed w/me the week prior,,but he didnt mean it. i can tell he was trying to be strong for me, but i was strong cuz i made the decision for me,,not for anyone else. im doing real well now,,and u will too. stay close to a heating pad,,it does wondersfor the
pain,,,then u will be fine. keep us posted ,,and u will find the strength to make a better comeback physically,,,heck its been 3 weeks now for me,,and im driving,,walking,,not lifting yet,,laundry,,lite loads,,other stuff too,,but i wont overdo it,,,your body tells u so. be well and take care,,u know when u come to a decision as big as this ,,is the correct one,,espceially if u find peace in it...then u know its right.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register