Non-Cancerhead?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Non-Cancerhead?? Non-Cancerhead??

Unread 03-22-2004, 08:35 AM
Non-Cancerhead??

I think I've got myself in a tizzy here...

I've been struggling with asthma/bronchitis/sinusitis for the last month. I've been to the family practice dr., pulmonologist, and even the ER one afternoon when I was very short of breath. I realize that I was thinking of myself as an asthma patient, and not considering anything that could be cancer related. Turns out I was right...it was just asthma rearing its ugly head.

Well, in the middle of the night on Saturday, I awoke with abdominal pains and bloody diarrhea. It continued through last night. I slept through last night, but still have some persistant abdominal pain this morning. I checked out my symptoms on WebMD...and I'm not sure what to think. They suggest bowel obstruction, possible colon cancer, etc....all serious things. I was thinking stomach bug or food poisoning since I ate Taco Bell on Saturday.

Needless to say, I'm heading to the doctor this morning. I want to be sure.

Any feedback??

S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2004, 08:42 AM
Non-Cancerhead??

Linda

You are wise to get this checked out, no matter what it may be. Obviously something in there isn't happy.

I would imagine, although I'm no doctor, that things other than colon cancer could cause these symptoms. And hopefully it's something "other."

At any rate, all our hopes and prayers will be with you. Glad you got an appt so soon--let us know how things go. We'll be anxious to hear.

Blessings.
Marlene
Unread 03-22-2004, 08:52 AM
Non-Cancerhead??

Dear Linda,
Just wanted to tell you that I am saying a prayer for you and good luck today at the doctor!!! Hopefully, it is just some little bug or something totally treatable! You are smart to head to the doctor, instead of letting it go and worry about it! Let us know how it goes....

Rhonda
Radical hysterectomy, June 2002, cervical cancer, 1b
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2004, 09:42 AM
Non-Cancerhead??

Linda,

i am praying for you too. hope it turns out to be nothing serious.

I am struggling with cancer head too, waiting for the results of the biopsy I had 10 days ago and wondering what the PET can on Good Friday will reveal. Last night in my head, I was making plans for my 15 year old to live with another family who i know will keep bringing her to church, encourage her to go to college, provide the support my husband wouldn't. This morning it seems silly that I had myself all worked up when i don't even have the results!
Unread 03-22-2004, 11:43 AM
Hugs and Good Thoughts

May this turn out to be a bug but you are right to have it checked out. Wishing for the "bug" option--they're no fun (I had one once that landed me in the hospital for hour days) but whatever, it's good to be checked. Please keep us informed.
Unread 03-22-2004, 02:45 PM
Non-Cancerhead??

Good thing I went to see my doctor. Turns out I have diverticulitis! How in the world did I get that? Doc put me on Keflex for 10 days and told me to avoid popcorn, nuts, and anything with seeds! Also, he's sending me for a colonoscopy just to be sure.

I just feel too young to have so many problems! I wonder what it will be like when I'm old.

Of course, I assume that I'm going to make it to old age!!

Thanks for everyone's concern and ers. I can always count on my "sisters."

S
Unread 03-22-2004, 02:56 PM
Non-Cancerhead??

So glad to hear that you probably just have diverticulitis!! It's good that your MD is being conservative and sending you for the colonoscopy anyway!
Unread 03-22-2004, 05:52 PM
Non-Cancerhead??

Diverticulitis--that's GOOD news! And it's good that you're getting the colonoscopy, too.

So glad you got it checked right away!

Blessings.
Marlene
Unread 03-22-2004, 07:11 PM
Non-Cancerhead??

Linda
Diverticulitis is very manageable. I am so glad that you got attention for it right away. Take care.
's
Ruth S
Unread 03-22-2004, 08:47 PM
Non-Cancerhead??

Glad to hear that the doctor thinks it is diverticulitis and not anything more serious. Not that I would want you to have to have that either, but you know what I mean?!!!! Continuing to pray that the further tests you will have will be good results and non-cancer issues, totally treatable stuff!!

Rhonda
Radical hysterectomy, June 2002, cervical cancer, 1b

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register