T-Shirt for OVCA Sisters | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

T-Shirt for OVCA Sisters T-Shirt for OVCA Sisters

Unread 03-23-2004, 08:12 AM
T-Shirt for OVCA Sisters

Hi Sisters:

I was searching eBay this morning for Relay for Life items. I came across an ovca t-shirt, so you might like to do a search for one there.

It's hard to find ovca awareness items. I did purchase a pin at Claire's recently. It was the best $2.25 I have spent in a long time!

My DD and I are making and selling Swarovski crystal cancer awareness bracelets to benefit my Relay for Life Team. We sold 13 on the first day...with several orders coming in later! Of those 13, 5 were for ovca. So, we decided to do different colors for different cancers. Thanks to someone here who posted the other awareness colors, we have received orders for lung, prostate, other gyn cancers, and ovarian, as well as several for breast! I think we're on to something!!!

Hope everyone is feeling well today...Happy Spring!!

S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2004, 08:55 AM
T-Shirt for OVCA Sisters

What are the colors for other gyn cancers? Not like I'm bound to forget I had/have one, but I'd wear the bracelet as a reminder....
Unread 03-23-2004, 09:03 AM
T-Shirt for OVCA Sisters

Where can the items be purchased? What about uterine, or just gyn cancers in general? Thanks for doing this!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2004, 02:04 PM
cancer awareness colors

These are the colors that someone posted a while back:

Ovarian, Cervical & Uterine Teal (Aqua)
Breast Pink
Childhood Gold (Amber)
Colon Brown
Leukemia Orange
Lung Clear
Pancreatic Purple
Prostate Blue
Brain Gray
Other Lavender*

* Lavender - represents those cancers that are not represented by a specific color including Lymphoma, Kidney, Testicular, Bone, and all other types.

If anyone is interested in the bracelets, please see my ad in the Hystersisters Shopping/Advertising section.

Together we can make a difference!!

S
Unread 03-24-2004, 04:00 AM
Hiya

March has been ovarian cancer awareness month here in the as well. The ribbon here is a pale blue in colour (teal) and you can purchase them for £1.00 at the lingerie section in Marks and Spencers (for anyone from the UK who reads this!). Ive also been invited to put my points of view across, at the hospital where i was treated, to the Board of Directors and gyneacologists
about the importance of being referred to a gyn/onc. I have to admit being scared to death! but at least someone is prepared to listen to my little battle! My gyn/onc is also in the process of sending out material to all the GP's in the country re the same subject. Oh yes my gyn has been severely disciplined so i have been told....whatever that may mean.

Quiltcrazy i love Swarovski crystal. What a wonderful idea.

Unread 03-24-2004, 09:38 PM
T-Shirt for OVCA Sisters

I am confused about the CA colors. Someone on e-bay is selling cancer awareness ribbons and they list the colors as follows: it shows peach for uterine cancer....

We have 16 colors: lavender for general cancer awareness; gold for childhood cancers; gray for brain cancer; pink for breast cancer; teal and white for cervical cancer; royal blue for colon cancer; orange for leukemia; clear and white for lung cancer (very beautiful); lime green for lymphoma; black for melanoma; burgundy for multiple myeloma; beige and burgundy for oral, head, and neck cancer; teal for ovarian cancer; purple for pancreatic cancer; light blue for prostate cancer; and peach for uterine cancer.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register