OK I am starting to worry.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

OK I am starting to worry.... OK I am starting to worry....

Unread 03-23-2004, 02:45 PM
OK I am starting to worry....

Hi sisters,
I am starting to worry a little about the amount of pain I am having still. I thought things were getting better. But when I try to do things I still tire so easily and I begin to hurt like you wouldn't believe. My back and pelvic area feel like they are bieng torn apart. I don't understand it. I am three weeks post-op and I thougth I would be doing so much better. I tried to clean the bathrooms, mop, vacuum and do the laundry yesterday and I literally passed out cold on my hubby. Scared him and me to death last night.... Took all I had to stop him from calling 911. I know I just over did it. But he was furious. So today I have been down all day. I am just really tired of not feeling good. I want my life back.
I am tired of hurting so bad and the drs not helping. They don't want to give you meds because of addiction and they don't want you to suffer but boy what are you supposed to do. I am supposed to be starting pain mgnt. soon and I am really excited about that. I hope it will be successful but I dont' want to get my hopes up to high only to have it not help at all.
Some days I just hurt so bad I don't even want to get out of bed and that is not ok with me. Between my back and my pelvic which I thought this last surgery would fix I am really at my wits end. I know that this is really a depressing letter so I will go I just needed to get this off my chest and DH has been so sweet lately.
He surprised me with my dream truck on Fri. and said he just wanted to see me smile... All he wants is me to be happy again. I wish it was that easy... I try for him and the kids but boy inside it is a real battle.
I know all will be fine I just need to give it to the Lord.... And leave it there... I just need your prayers...
Thanks Love Ya
Jeni
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2004, 03:03 PM
Back pain

I will be 9 weeks post op on Weds. from a TAH, kept my ovaries but lost my cervix. I have had bad lower back pain for years and was told it was from my Fibroids, well guess what? Fibroids are gone but pain is still here. Go figure. It takes me forever to roll over at night because my back hurts its almost like back labor but 10 x worse. I havent mentioned this to my DR yet, dont want her to think I am a whine bag. I know what you are going through. Other than the back pain I feel alot better since the hyster, goodbye Aunt Flo YIPPEE
Unread 03-23-2004, 03:21 PM

Hi Jeni, I'm so sorry to here you are still struggling with all this pain It can seem so overwhelming to still be in pain. Sometimes there is no fast fix for these things, and you are not alone. You certinaly do not need to apoligize for anything. I am no expert, but I do have chronic pain daily, Fibromyalgia and Arthritis. Yes there are days when I want to sit and cry. It only makes things worse, so is there anything I can do to make myself better? Is there something you are interested in to get your mind off the pain? Anything? Any hobbies? Something that makes you feel like you acomplishing something and make you feel good. Could you pamper yourself? Paint you toes? Light some candles take a bath? Call a friend? These kind of things help me to feel good and it makes things a little easier. Those we love don't always know what they can do for us, speak up. I learned at the pain clinic the more we concentrate on pain the more we hurt. Sometimes when I help someone else it makes me hurt less. I have found this to be true for myself. This may, or may not be a long road for you, I hope that you will find this helpful. You have support here, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Be Well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2004, 03:25 PM

Dear ((Jeni))

I am sorry you are still having so much pain... try to keep in mind you had a four hours surgery with complications afterwards so 3 weeks is still quite early to be feeling "great"... that said... has anyone ever looked at whether your back problem could be contributing to your pelvic pain problem. I met a women several years ago who underwent multiple surgeries on her pelvis only to find out that her pelvic pain was from degenerative disk disease in her back (she underwent a discogram and it recreated the pelvic pain she had all the time)... just a thought.

I am a little over 6 weeks from my surgery and still can't overdo it or I end up in more pain. I know it is hard to be patient.

Sarah
Unread 03-23-2004, 03:29 PM

Hi Jeni,
I am sorry that you are in so much pain. Please remember that it can take several weeks before we are healed internally. I had my surgery the 3rd of February and have just started doing the types of activity that you described. Please be kind to yourself and allow yourself the rest and recovery time that is necessary to ensure a healthy recovery. When I was 5 weeks post op a trip to the grocery store could cause me to be on the couch all day the next day.

Take care,
Judy
Unread 03-23-2004, 03:39 PM

Jeni:

Don't make me send over the pillow Darling, you overdid it big time. Mopping and vaccuuming?

I should think it would be OK to fold the laundry. Depending on your washer and dryer it may be OK to load and unload one item at a time (easy does it). But, all this cleaning in one day? I was tired just from reading it.

Honey, do give yourself permission to heal. Healing is very individual and you must listen to your body. Make sure to tell your doctor about how hard it is to get up and keep going.

Not that I am pushing antidepressants for everyone, but I can say that getting a handle on my stress/depression has helped me deal with pain much more constructively. Instead of getting emotional about it, I now think "hmmm, what to do for this... shall I lay down, take medicine, use the heating pad or some combo" and I go about solving the problem ... addressing the pain, without one bit of guilt. I also have so much more patience for my children that they have noticed/commented (no they don't know about the medicine).

OK...end of nagging. Saying s for you.

Congrats on the new truck. I am sure that lifted your spirits.
Unread 03-23-2004, 03:48 PM

Jeni,
I had my surgery the day after you did on the 20th...had TVH with A&P repairs. I am a little over 4 weeks post-op now and I still do not vacuum or mop the floors or pick up on anything heavy. But I am doing everything else that needs to be done. Gotta go grocery shopping tonight....Kids turned the knob on freezer and turned it off so all the food that was in it ruined...lol. Had alot of meat in it along with alot of other food. So off to the grocery store I go when DH gets home. Sounds like you body isnt ready for all the things you are doing yet, take it easy for a little bit longer. Dont vacuum or mop or lift just do the other things that need to be done. Try not to do anything that causes you to hurt after. I get a little sore at the end of the day but not to bad just mainly really exausted. Hope you feel better soon......TAKE IT EASY...you still healing............Glory
Unread 03-23-2004, 03:56 PM

Hi cat here agian, you know you should have known you were going to get into trouble telling us about all the cleaning you did!Way too much girlfriend, the house can wait. Like my dr. said this is "my ticket" to take it easy, (I just had bladder tack surgery on the 8th of March) The kids are doing more, and it's good for them. I just wasn't going to feel right if I didn't chime in and agree with everyone else Take it slow! Take care of yourself! Be Well

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register