3 month check up after hormone therapy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 month check up after hormone therapy 3 month check up after hormone therapy

Unread 03-25-2004, 05:19 PM
3 month check up after hormone therapy

Hello Ladies!

Had the 3 month check up today after being on hormones for several months for complex hyperplasia with atypia. Not much fun.

Brought my dh with me for support, had my list of questions at hand and thought I was ready. I only finished the Prometrium on Sunday, so I am still bleeding some...I called ahead and they said come on in anyway, he will want to talk with you. Guess what? He did a quick pelvic exam any way!!

No, no, never again!! I am so crampy now and really quite misreable. I should have insisted that we wait until just before the next D&C next week (scheduled for April 2nd at 11am). Should get the path report a week after that. Gosh, I hate the waiting!

I was hoping he would be open to the Mirena IUD as a possible option for further treatment, but he was not. Said there is not enough information and documantation out there and considered it experamental. I was heartbroken. I have since talked with ChanceHope and she has dug up tons of web sites that will keep me busy for a while....(thanks friend!!)

Oh well, just wanted to keep you up to date. Thanks for listening to my crankiness! I guess I just get frustrated because I feel that there are so few options for this dx.

Going to New Orleans this weekend with dh. Looking forward to getting away to a nice hotel and relax a bit. I want to eat beignets till I pop!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2004, 05:35 PM

(((Joyce)))

I'm sorry that your exam caused you discomfort. It's hard enough to have a pelvic exam done--it's even worse when it's painful. I hope your crampiness is better quickly so that you can enjoy your weekend with DH.

Keep reading all the information you can find. And don't forget--if you don't like the options one doctor gives you, you can always get a second opinion from another doctor to see if s/he agrees with the first one or not.

Good luck, and have a safe trip!

Unread 03-26-2004, 07:53 PM
Me too

Hey! I was diagnosed with Complex Hyperplasia with minimal Atypia in January during a Laparoscopy and D&C. I'm on Megace for 6 months. I will have my first Biopsy April 12th, and another D&C in July, and hopefully an all clear then will lead to me being able to go back to my Fertility Doc (RE) and try to conceive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2004, 08:25 PM

Hello,
I am new to this board. I am your age and my Gyn suspects hyperplasia ( I have perlonged periods since two years, not heavy just long) as the ultrasound showed that my endometrium is 12 mm thick. I will have a D& C and hysteroscopy on the 9th, as the office biopsy did not work ( stenosis). If this is really hyperplasia she told me that I can have hormone therapy for this. How has your experience with hyperplasia been? It sounds like the hormone therapie is not easy on you. I am glad to have found this board and people who have to face similar issues. I think I might push for a hysterectomy even if I am lucky enough not to have one anyways.
I hope your D&C will bring good results. What a great idea to go off for a nice weekend with your dh.
Tinka

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register