a piece of cake | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

a piece of cake a piece of cake

Unread 03-26-2004, 11:07 AM
a piece of cake

I am three days post-op after having a TVH. I am placing this message in the "pre-op" category to hopefully allay some of your concerns. I worried about EVERYTHING prior to the sugery. I am 57 years old. Frankly, a lot of my concerns were generated by messages I had read at this site. And, YES, I understand that each experience is different. And, YES, I am very sympathetic with those for whom this whole thing has been very painful/traumatic/debilitating. And I DO NOT mean to minimize that experience. But I'd like to say that my experience has been amazingly good. I was in the hospital over night. I did take Percoset (sp?) while in the hospital even though I didn't really feel like I needed it. It made me nauseous so I quit taking it when I was dismissed. I'm just taking Motrin a couple of times a day to help reduce inflammation. At no time did I experience what I would call pain.
The worst of it has been a bit of tenderness.
This is my third full day at home. The first couple of days I really did just sort of lay around and act a little whimpery. Today I decided this is silly, I feel great and I'm up and at 'em.
I know that the ease with which I've gone through this has a lot to do with the fact that I did not have to have an abdominal incision.
For those of you facing a hysterectomy I would just encourage you to pursue having the procedure done vaginally if at all possible. And don't worry. You'll be cleaning out closets again in no time! (Ugh!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2004, 11:14 AM
i just want say iam going soon vag. h

i so glad you doing good iam little worried about this up coming surgery been done vag but i sure hope mine go great as your . i so tried of being sick everymonth. iam sure i get it over iam be 100% better get on with my life . iam 37 will be 38 on april 20 mine surergy is april 6th great before b-day presnet ahahaha
Unread 03-26-2004, 11:29 AM
a piece of cake?

Hi, while I wouldn't call having a TVH a piece of cake( I also had TVT,and A &P repairs), many of my fears were totally unfounded. I am 53 years old and 11 days post-op. I'm not quite ready for the cleaning of closets, I can barely open and close a kitchen drawer without some twinges. I'm now down to 1 percoset and two motrin a day and I probably wouldn't need that if I would just lie around resting. I have now been cleared to take a bath, so perhaps some of my more tender areas can get some attention.
to "piece of cake", take it easy. You might be more tired than you think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2004, 01:57 PM
a piece of cake

Ah, shoot, I'm gonna have to clean out the closets when I'm healthy??? Cancel my surgery!!! LOL!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register