Last chemo is completed! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Last chemo is completed! Last chemo is completed!

Unread 03-26-2004, 08:14 PM
Last chemo is completed!

Yay! Now I just have to get through the next week of yuckies and I'll be really happy. I go back again in 3 weeks for the followup after a CT scan which remains to be scheduled in about 2 weeks.

I feel pretty confident that the treatment worked for now. The doc also doesn't expect to see anything on the CT. But then he wasn't expecting to find cancer outside my uterus either. So cancerhead is likely to set in around CT scan time and my next appointment.

Thanks again to everyone here for the support in getting through this stage of the journey without going crazy. I felt well prepared for each step which really cuts the "fear factor" down.

to you all!

Limibo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2004, 04:32 AM
Last chemo is completed!

Congratulations!! Your Chemo is Over. !!!!
May all your future check-ups be very normal.
:'hug:'s
Ruth S
Unread 03-27-2004, 04:53 AM
Last chemo is completed!

Limbo,

Great news on reaching this milestone : it!

I think that cancerhead is something that we have to consciously say "No" to. This should be a time for us to enjoy now, so every time it kind of creeps up on me, I plan to focus on the good news. Like you, I have recently finished chemo, and don't want to fret until my next gyn/onc. appt.

big
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2004, 07:59 AM
Last chemo is completed!

Even before I got endo cancer, when it came time for yearly physical, mammo, pap, etc I used to get a little freaky. It was as if I could only live in peace only after the results came in....and only until the next round of yearly checkups when it would start up all over. And of course Cancerhead makes it worse.

I think Wild Rose is right...focus on the good news and don't let cancerhead rule our life. I do a kind of meditation that helps you to be mindful of where your thoughts are going and especially right after surgery, it was a great help. Still is when I get paranoid.

So Limbo....celebrate and rejoice! We're all doing the relief dance with you!

And we'll all be pulling for a boringly normal CT scan!

Blessings.
Marlene
Unread 03-27-2004, 09:37 AM
No more chemo!

Hooray! May all the cancer cells have fled or passed on and may you have a long and healthy future!
Unread 03-27-2004, 12:27 PM
Last chemo is completed!

congratulations on finishing chemo. I hope it got rid of every cancer cell forever.
Unread 03-27-2004, 06:22 PM
Last chemo is completed!

HIP HIP HORRAY!!!!

Congratulations on finishing your last chemo.

The pain is not as bad with the last knowing that you are done!!

Be Well.
Rosalie
Unread 03-27-2004, 06:45 PM
Last chemo is completed!

Your last chemo!! What great news!! Rosalie is right. Just knowing it's the last one makes it much easier to deal with.

I remember after I had my last chemo, I was very concerned about the next CT scan which becomes, of course, our new "baseline". I expressed this to my doctor. He looked me straight in the eye and said, "Everything will be good, Maureen." I believed in his belief in me.

Good luck to you, Limbo. It just gets better.
Unread 03-29-2004, 10:57 AM
Last chemo is completed!

Yay, Limbo! What a journey you've just been through! Only those of us who've been through chemo know what an accomplishment it is. It's amazing what the soul will do to survive.

I'm so happy that you seem to have responded to the treatment! Hair grows back -- I promise. Darker and curlier, yes. But it will grow.

I hope you never, ever have to go through chemo again! s!
Unread 03-29-2004, 11:32 PM
Last chemo is completed!

Congrats Limbo - I am so pleased this phase is over for you. I hope the CT scan will be AOK, and you can move on to a healthier future!
Yippee!
Jan

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register