I'm feeling SO old...my Medicare card came | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm feeling SO old...my Medicare card came I'm feeling SO old...my Medicare card came

Unread 03-27-2004, 02:16 PM
I'm feeling SO old...my Medicare card came

Because I'll have been on SSDI for two years and five months in June, my Medicare now starts July 1. The card just arrived. I suddenly feel quite a bit older. Not 60, but 65... Creak, groan, snap...I'm on Medicare. (With exceptional backup insurance thankfully through my job I retired from.) Odd how one ages 5 years in the time it takes to open an envelope.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2004, 03:58 PM

I felt the same way when I got my first solicitation to join AARP....and I'm still not even at the age where I could join anyway!
Unread 03-27-2004, 05:35 PM
dont feel bad

When I turned 40 ..I wanted to update my life insurance. They sent me a silver care package. So when I had turned 40 I was considered elderly and aged by my life insurance company. I was miffed. I still considered myself rather young but you wouldnt have known it by all the paper work I had to fill out on getting older. I got over it but it just kills me when people get that age thing in their mind. My husband is younger than me by 4 years and everyday there is someone to remind of that. I still act younger than him and still look good than a lot of 30 somethings. I work out and eat better than I ever have in my life. Its no wonder woman dont like to reveal their age. Aging beautifully for being a whooping 43 in Hawaii. ...LINDA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2004, 06:17 PM

Oh Ellen,

Time to cheer up...Think of all the discounts you get being a senior...LOL

When I got my AARP card I flashed it at every restaurant that gave senior discounts. Most of those young kids working there had no idea of how old everyone is anyway.

Remember,,,,, you are only as old as you feel and act....

Just be well!!

Rosalie
Unread 03-27-2004, 06:52 PM

You're too funny, Ellen. I always say that I don't care how old I get as long as I keep getting birthday presents. I am amazed, though, at how old I'm getting. Like I can't believe I'm 46 (AND a first time mother!).

The other day, my dh came home from doing some shopping. He picked up a bottle of multi-vitamins. He got the Centrum Silver. DH didn't know how close he was to a boot in the behind! lol!
Unread 03-28-2004, 11:28 AM

You know the saying...

we have no choice about getting older,
but we do have a choice about getting old.

Blessings.
Marlene
Unread 03-28-2004, 11:28 AM

You know the saying...

we have no choice about getting older,
but we do have a choice about getting old.

Blessings.
Marlene
Unread 03-28-2004, 01:23 PM

Age is just a number...you're as old as you feel!!

Since I am STILL in college...I tell my kids that when I grow up I want to be a nurse! (I'm 43!!!) They just laugh. But, in 2+ years, when I finally have my nursing degree, I guess I'll have to finally 'fess up to being grown up! Do I have to??

They say that you either grow up and have kids, or grow up with your kids. Even though I was 27 when I had my first child, I chose to grow up with my kids. I've always been the Cub Scout mom who tried the bow and arrow or the bb shooting or the fishing at day camp! I've had lots of fun and so have my kids.

So, Ellen, don't let that envelope age you! Dye your hair red and have a popsicle!! You're as YOUNG as you let yourself feel!!

S and
Unread 03-28-2004, 04:55 PM
Well said from one Linda to another!!!!

Hi Linda ... Linda here.... I read your post and you sound like me. I evern like your user name since I am a quilter too. Old is in your mind and my mind is getting younger as I age. I was 22 years old when I had my first child .. I have 5 now and 2 step children. At my kids school functions the other mothers always thought I was one one these very young teenaged mothers who had their kids at 15 ....My kids always like the idea that I looked like one of the youngest mothers when they were growing up. When I turned 40 I had to resolve to coloring my hair and gray hair growing in places I dont even want to think about. Oh well ...thats what hairdressers and hair color are for. One day when I may be blessed with grandchildren I will choose to let the gray stay and stop fighting it. But for now I dont care what anyone says... I am as young as I feel and so I am going to just do that ...FEEL YOUNG.
Unread 03-28-2004, 06:52 PM

Ellen,
don't let an envolope or card dicated how old you should feel.
Age is relative. You are as old as you feel, and by your posts you don't seem to be "THAT" old.
Of course when you reach a certain age you can wear purple and red and nobody can tell you otherwise.
Andrea

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register