Surgery in 8 days and very scared | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery in 8 days and very scared Surgery in 8 days and very scared

Unread 03-28-2004, 08:45 AM
Surgery in 8 days and very scared

I am 8 days from surgery and very scared. I keep having these dreams that something will go wrong and I wont make it though the surgery. I am also worried about the cysts that they found in my overies, there are several in each overy and they appear on the vaginal ultra sound as dark masses. I am scared that it is ovarian cancer and that it might have spread to other areas. I know that there will be an oncologist on call if there is cancer but it does not take the fear away. Right now I am in the middle of wanting to cry like a baby and I want to be held by my mom. But my mom is 1200 miles away so no help there yet. :cry:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2004, 08:53 AM
Think good thoughts :)

Hi! I am having surgery in 7 days now and am scared as well. I haven't had dreams though which I am thankful for. I know that when I start thinking of all the things that may go wrong, I try to picture the good stuff - like no more pain is the big one for me. I am excited about starting a new phase in my life - and to think, my sister tells me to be thankful for not having to go to the drugstore ever month ) I hope all goes well for you and keep your chin up - I think, personally, that I have already been throught the worst.

TVH
Unread 03-28-2004, 09:46 AM

Hi I am having my surgery in 8 days too.Yikes..I have a stage 3 prolapsed uterus and I'll need a bladder sling once its all out.I've had 5 ..9lbs kids and I've been a crying mess these last few years with failing hormones.My doctor put me on Premphase 3 weeks ago and I must say...Its been a miracle for me.I feel like a happy person again. Without it I doubt I could of talked myself into the surgery..I was so afraid.
Now..I just want it over with so I can get back to being the strong woman I used to be.I love gardening and playing with my 7 grandchildren but with this slipped uterus I feel like somethings falling out of me all the time..I'm scared to death as the days go by so quickly but Thank God for this site We can all be here for each other and I'll have my princess crown on and my cute nightshirt with my pillow on my tummy driving home before I know it
Lets all hang in there girls
Much love, Becky

lol..I sound braver than I am eek
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2004, 10:08 AM

Well I will be heading for the castle in 8 days too (4/5/04). I am suppose to have a TAH and plan on keeping ovaries if possible. I have cried and missed my mom and wished she were here to talk to also. My mom has been deceased for ten years, and I have never missed her so much has I do now. I want to go back being the lil girl and her the mother to hold me and protect me. I know she is looking down on me sending love, so that helps a whole lot. I am getting sad and anxious too, I want the time to pass and then I don't. I have fears that when I wake up from the surgery the dr. will tell me they found something they did not expect to find. Waiting does that for you, lets your imagination run wild. I am so grateful for this site, I do not feel all alone. And I too shall wear my hyster sister Tee shirt, clutch my HS tote with pillow to my tummy, with my well deserved crown on and when I hit the house, wand will firmly being in hand.LOL

May we all achieve serenity and peace on this journey together.
Sherry
Unread 03-28-2004, 10:13 AM
I hear Ya

I am scheduled to have my TAH on April 9th so I hear you on the scared thing. I haven't as yet had any dreams but I know from past surgeries that I will. I had made to comment "I want my mom" so my dear wonderful hubby bought her a plane ticket to be here even though he couldn't really afford to. I keep telling myself all the good things that will come of the surgery whenever I become afraid. I am hoping that this will get me through the next week and a half.
Unread 03-28-2004, 10:37 AM

Oh wow...I know exacally how you feel about your mom.My mom had me when she was 42 yrs old and passed away when she was 82.I was her only daughter (my 3 brothers were much older)so I was very close to her.I miss her so much right now I have 100 questions I wish I could ask her..sad huh? I know shes with me though.Isn't it crazy how we just want them so bad right now?...aww I know shes with God looking after me

Big Hugzz Becky
Unread 03-28-2004, 11:33 AM
who me? scared????

Hello Ladies.

I had to reply to this thread. I had my TAH 6 days ago. I had only two weeks to think about my surgery as my doctor got me into the schedule right away. Most of the women on here seem to have to wait much longer than that! The two weeks before my surgery were excruciating for me. I was so full of anxiety that I cried at the drop of a hat. I found it difficult to concentrate on anything else. My fear was overwhelming. I know just how you all feel!!!! During my two weeks I spent a lot of time on this website reading other women's experiences. I'll admit that in some ways that was a good thing, and in some ways that was a bad thing. Some of the princesses who've written in have really had a hard time and reading their stories added to my fears. On the flip side, it prepared me for the absolute worst. That ended up being a good thing for me because my surgery went well, I am recooperating quickly, and I realize how much energy I expended in the two weeks beforhand that were wasted. I know how easy it is to say, "stop worrying" but do your best to relax and try not to get too upset about it. More often than not, the stories we read are good. Best of luck to all of you LIW. Looking forward to hearing from you on the other side.
Unread 03-28-2004, 12:09 PM

I'm 6 days post op too, and I too was scared to death and cried like a baby. I had a large mass on my right ovary and the doc said it was dark and didn't look good. I had a little over a week to prepare for surgery and I cleaned everything in site, straightened closets, and cabinets, and just basically got my "house in order". I went to the store to buy plastic boxes for something and the thought hit me that I wasn't cleaning for myself, but I was preparing things in case I died. I just broke down and cried right there in the store. I came to this site and the support and caring that I've received is unbelievable. There is no way anyone can tell you things will be o.k. and have you believe it. But trust me, in my case, things were much better than I expected. The mass was benign, and even though my surgery was 4 1/2 hours due to my uterus being "stuck to everything", I'm doing good! great, to be exact. I've taken care of myself since being driven home from the hospital and I'm just taking Motrin for the pain now instead of all that strong stuff. You will be fine!! Cry if you want and please lean on us or your family or whomever you want to lean on and don't think anything you are worried about is silly. We've been there and done that and we know how you feel. At least I do. PM me or email if you need to talk or ask questions or just need a shoulder to cry on. ([email protected]) You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Janie
Unread 03-28-2004, 01:43 PM

I want to thank all of you for your support. I know that my imigination is running away from me. I am so greatful for my DH who found this site and encouraged me to use it. My 10 year old Daughter is not real sure about her mommy going into the hospital for major surgery and I told her that everything will be all right once I came home from surgery I will be real sore. I have not told her about the possiblity that I may have ovarian cancer, she is not ready for that in her young life. I look at her beatiful face and I get the feeling that everthing is going to be fine. This is a wonderful site, and I am glad to know that it exists for all women that are in the process of getting ready for the castle, or waiting for a date for the castle.
Unread 03-28-2004, 01:52 PM

I hear ya....I'm scared too. I have little confidence in doctors and hospitals.

I guess the best thing to do is trust in God. He'll take care of us.

I too am scared of not making it and I told my husband what I needed him to know "just in case". I'm also writing my son and daughter personal letters and sealing them up for him to give them if need be. I just want them to know what they mean to me.....when my dad died it left a huge hole in my life.

It may be silly or not....but it gives me comfort....and after being so scared like I am, I need all the comfort I can get.

good luck to you.... (((hugs)))

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register