no ins but maybe found help | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

no ins but maybe found help no ins but maybe found help

Unread 03-28-2004, 10:13 AM
no ins but maybe found help

I have been without ins for right at 6 mths. I have been having pelvic pain for as long as I can remember. My doctor of 12 years has done pretty much nothing. He has blamed it on everything from my hubby being too rough with me to me being 70 pounds over weight. I was 19 when I had my first child. I suffered 4th degree lacerations. It took him a good 45 min to sew me up. I have had problems from this every since. At 22 I was having child # 2 which was a diabetic pregnancy and the start of my weight problems. When my 2nd child was 7 months old I found out #3 was on the way.......all these babies in such a little time span has wrecked my insides. after losing 70 pounds I went back to my dr and said ok now whats causing it. long story short all he was interested in was milking my ins. My final exam with that dr I was told that my uterus was tipped,enlarged and falling............ok I know where is this all going?!?!?!? I woke up in severe pain monday and was feeling like everything was falling out. I went to the teaching hospital in our state. They were awesome! They told me I was not the first woman to come to the ER for this type of problem and that because I had no ins I had come to the right place. The bill I will get from the hospital will be adjusted to be based on my income. They put me on pain meds and got me an appointment with a gyn clinic run by the hospital. I had an exam in the hospital. The dr said he felt something on my cervix which was closer than it is supposed to be. He also said with all my insides pushing down and the fact my rectal muscles have never been repaired is what causes my inability to control my bowel movements. I am somewhat relieved but scared at the same time. I am still in pain a week later and I have swelled up to look like I am 7 months or more pregnant. I can not wait till the 20th gets here so I can get to a doctor. I have seen a worthless doctor for so long that I am afraid They are going to tell me I dont need surgery. What if they dont find anything and pain is my only problem? Is pain enough of a reason to do surgery? These problems are effecting the quality of my life. My hubby cant even have sex with me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2004, 10:20 AM
no ins but maybe found help

You need a great, big .

Poor sweetie--but you did the right thing. Take your pain meds on time, be ready for your appointment by writing down the questions you put in your post, and please please let us know what the new doc says.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register