yet another surgery ... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

yet another surgery ... yet another surgery ...

Unread 03-28-2004, 04:13 PM
yet another surgery ...

Hello Ladies,

It's been some time since I've been on ... just trying to adjust to all that's been happening.

I had a TVH 5/23/03, ended up back in the hospital w/emergency surgery for several abdominal abcesses just 29 days later. Since then, I've had recurring problems with ovarian cysts. They grow quite large quickly. On 1/23/04, I had surgery again, this time to remove both ovaries and all the cysts, but ended up only being able to get the right ovary/tumor removed. The dr. said that the adhesions were so bad, that he could not even see my left ovary... Needless to say, cysts on the left have gotten quite large & painful.

I go in for surgery, yet again, 4/2/04 - this time with a general surgeon, ob/gyn & urologist. The general surgeon (same one who did my emergency surgery last June) is supposed to be freeing the bowels, intestines & bladder which apparently are all matted to the abdominal wall with adhesions. The urologist is supposed to put a stint in to protect the bladder, and ob/gyn to remove ovary/cysts.

This has been such a long journey ... and each surgery is harder to recover from! I just got back to work 3/8, and will be out again after 4/1 for at least 6 weeks.

I'd love to hear from anyone else who has had to undergo more than one surgery. How did you keep your spirits up? And how did you manage your family & job??? And did you find the HRT as difficult and scary as I've been hearing?

Sign me "down to my soul weary & pained",

Jade
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2004, 06:53 PM
yet another surgery ...

Dear ((Jade))

I am so sorry to hear you are having so much trouble and pain ... and so many surgeries in such a short time. I have had many surgeries but spread out over many years... I don't think that is quite the same.

It sounds like your doctors are doing the right thing and I hope the surgery goes really well... hopefully with three of them in there it will. I imagine it will take longer to recover and you will need to take it easy for a while... I am sure your doctor will help you with that.

Wishing you a successful surgery and an uncomplicated recovery. PLease keep us posted!!!

Sarah
Unread 03-28-2004, 06:58 PM
yet another surgery ...

Dear Jade,

I am so sorry to hear you are having so many problems. It is hard to keep going back for surgery when all we want is to be well once and for all! I am just recovering from my 3rd op since May when I had my TAH and have been through some very emotional times trying to come to terms with it all. There is no easy solution and you will no doubt go through the whole range of emotions. But it sounds like you have a real team of Drs there lined up to fix you, and all we can do is hope and pray that this time you are fixed for good. Let us know how you go,

Blossom

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register