A Trip to Australia | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

A Trip to Australia A Trip to Australia

Unread 03-29-2004, 11:19 AM
A Trip to Australia

My best friend and I are heading to Australia this Saturday for 10 days, and Lorraine Seipel -- who joined this board right around the time that I did (February 2002) and had her surgery just one day before mine -- is going to fly from her home in Brisbane to Melbourne to see me! Isn't that amazing?

She's been so great at keeping in touch, and now we'll get to meet! She was the one whose doctor said "no cancer" . . . but she didn't quite believe it, so she sent slides to a pathology center in Sydney and found a very rare, slow-growing cancer for which there is no other treatment. No chemo. Surgery's done. So they will wait and see.

I'm looking forward to leaving some of 2003 behind, as is my best friend, whose mother was killed in a car crash at Christmas. I'll have to skip a chemo session, but since what I'm doing is optional anyway, it's OK. My doctor says no problem.

I'd been wanting to take a "I made it through chemo and all I got was this lousy T-shirt" trip for a while, and Australia just panned out. Frequent flier miles will get us there, but could not get us to Europe, since all flights to all countries are booked about a year in advance. Oh, well! Australia will be lovely.

Anyway, just wanted to share! Also, no news from TammyDW. I'm sure she would have received my card early last week. But no phone call or e-mail, which makes me sad. I did a Google search (Marl suggested) to see if there had been any mentions in any papers, but none came up. I will definitely let you know if I hear anything.

s to all, and I'll be offline from April 3-12.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2004, 12:43 PM
A Trip to Australia

Have a wonderful relaxing vacation. You definately deserve it.

We will be looking forward to lots of interesting information when you return.

Rosalie
Unread 03-29-2004, 01:00 PM
A Trip to Australia

I hope you have a wonderful exciting and relaxing trip with yoyr friend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2004, 01:06 PM
A Trip to Australia

WOW!!! Your trip sounds wonderful! I am sure that you will have a great time. What a treat to meet someone from this board! What fun!

Like you, I am SO happy to put 2003 behind me! Soon it will all be just a distant memory!

Have a wonderful, fun, joyous, trip!!!

Janie
Unread 03-29-2004, 01:31 PM
A Trip to Australia

s SirenSong

Have a wonderful, relaxing, memory making trip. You and your local friend have both weathered a stormy time in your lives and so deserve this special get away!!
And I think I remember our Australian poster! Give her our best.

karenann
Unread 03-29-2004, 01:39 PM
A Trip to Australia

Have a wonderful trip. You certainly deserve it.
Give us a trip report when you return.
Ruth S
Unread 03-29-2004, 02:36 PM
A Trip to Australia

Hi there sirensong - I'm from beautiful Australia and I will tell you in advance, you will love this country - where will you be headed and for how long? I noticed from your post that we are the same age - hope you are doing OK!! horrible thing to go through at our ripe YOUNG age!! - if you are headed down the south east coast (I live about 4 hrs drive south of Sydney) let me know - would be great to meet another hyster in person - happy travelling - PM me anytime with details - regards, Sharon
Unread 03-29-2004, 05:08 PM
Have a Wonderful Time

Dear SirenSong:

Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy !! you deserve this wonderful getaway so enjoy every minute. But we want a full report of your travels upon your return - we will miss you but are so happy for you.

Wishing you good days ahead and very big hugs to you!!
Unread 03-29-2004, 05:37 PM
A Trip to Australia

And, Siren Song:

Bon Voyage! and God Speed from me!

I think that anticipation of such a wonderful trip is almost half the fun, so enjoy the planning and prep., too!

big
Unread 03-29-2004, 06:17 PM
A Trip to Australia

SirenSong,
hope you have a great vacation. Relax and enjoy.
Andrea

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register