LSo in 6-8 weeks... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

LSo in 6-8 weeks... LSo in 6-8 weeks...

Unread 03-30-2004, 09:05 AM
LSo in 6-8 weeks...

Boy I sure am glad that I had an ultrasound done yesterday, I knew when the tech was doing it something wasn't right. She kept asking me if I was seeing my doctor or how soon it would be for me to see her again.

Wound up not being able to leave until I did see her. I have a 6cm or bigger endometrioma cyst on my remaining ovary. She wants to take the ovary and what's remaining of my left tube out in 6-8 weeks. She will clean out what other endo she can find as well as any adhesions she finds.

She was very upset with me at first and when I explained the treatment and responses I was getting on the phone from Nurse Ratchett she could only shake her head and apologize. I told her I had an appt on Friday with a uro/gyn and she said she understood if I wanted to change doctors but she hoped that I wouldn't and I don't want to. She gave me the name of the urologist she works with and wants me to see him in the next 2-3 weeks and they will work together to do whatever repairs are necessary to the bladder. I feel better now but don't. It hurt like [email protected]#$%^&** when she was doing the ultrasound and hasn't stopped since I left her office.

She also sent me for a blood test to do a CA-125 and is expecting high numbers when it comes back.

So, I have 2 months this time to get prepared and lose another summer....maybe this will finally be the end. She said there is only a 4% chance of it returning after this and that the hormone jungle will be the hardest struggle since she can't put me on any hormones, only fosamax for bone health.

Needless to say I am very sad......thanks girls for your support, advice and just being there, looks like I will be around on this board for a while still........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2004, 09:50 AM
LSo in 6-8 weeks...

I hope that you feel somewhat relieved to have an explanation for the pain and a plan to relieve it. I wish it could be a simpler, perhaps nonsurgical solution, but it sounds like a well thought out plan. Your doctor sounds caring, I truly hope that is the case.

I am sorry I don't remember this, but why no hormones ... is it because of the endo or another issue? Did she say no hormones ever or just for a period of time?

You will be in my thoughts. Please keep us posted.
Unread 03-30-2004, 10:51 AM
LSo in 6-8 weeks...

I am sorry you are having to go through another surgery. I do hope that everything goes well.... I imagine you are in alot of pain with a 6cm cyst... I had pain with mine and it was only 3cm.

My doctor and I have discussed an LSO recently also... because of the endometriosis found during the last surgery. He did mention that he would not have me go without hormones if I do end up with an LSO because he knows I would be a complete basket case (crazy lady!).... so if you are concerned about the hormone issue do talk with the doctor... it really is a quality of life issue more than life or death... so it is a choice I think.

I hope you don't have any major pain flare-ups between now and the surgery... it will be here before you know it...

Best wishes... please keep us posted on how you are feeling.

Sarah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2004, 11:58 AM
LSo in 6-8 weeks...

s Jody! Hang in there hun! I am sorry you are having more surgery but hopefully this will be the end of it all. Keep us posted. We miss you in BEST!

Emily

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register