A memorial thread for TammyDW - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

A memorial thread for TammyDW A memorial thread for TammyDW

Unread 03-31-2004, 06:30 AM
Tammy

I followed Tammy's posts because she had the same cancer as I did and I was always surprized how positive she was.

I am in my 10 months of recovery and I worry it will come back like Tammy's did.

What impressed me is she always tried to help others and did not bring them down. I kept thinking if she can be so brave then I can also.

She inspired me through my treatment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2004, 08:57 AM
A memorial thread for TammyDW

I am so terribly sorry to hear of the loss of Tammy. I didn't really know her, but any woman who fights this terrible disease will always be a friend to me in my heart. I know that she is in a better place right now and looking down on all of us and telling us to keep fighting the good fight. May the memory of Tammy be a reflection of what Hystersisters is all about.

Love always,

Cyndy
Unread 03-31-2004, 12:23 PM

I keep reading, and re-reading what everyone has said, trying to think of what to add. I am overwhlemed by this news and so very sad. Tammy was such a joy to have here, and such a support for everyone. What a dear, sweet, kind, and caring woman. I am in shock that this has happened to her after fighting so hard for so long. It just is not fair! I am sad and mad! I shall miss her very much.

Hugs and loves to Tammy who is in a cancer free place filled with joy!

Janie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2004, 12:32 PM
Tammy...

I never read any of Tammy's posts, I'm fairly new myself. But I'm crying ... she was 40 (I'm 41) She was born on August 9,1963 (My birthday is August 6, 1962). We both have ovarian cancer ...it's not fair. It's so sad and scary, God bless her and her family. I feel like a part of me is numb ... why all this suffering? If there is a God why is he so unjust?
Unread 03-31-2004, 02:26 PM

This is my first experience with death from cancer and I'm crying an awful lot. This was not the answer I wanted. I sent her a card two weeks ago. Too late. I just re-read the few PMs I had saved from some of our conversations. She went through so much, and the doctors were never able to get out all the tumor at the back of her pelvic wall. She fought so hard.

I can't type anymore.
Unread 03-31-2004, 07:42 PM

Words cannot express my sorrow at this news. Tammy was always so upbeat and positive through her treatments and in her comments to her fellow Hystersisters. A real inspiration. I was so hoping she would win this battle with cancer. She fought so hard and so courageously for so long. My sympathy to her family and friends.
Unread 03-31-2004, 07:50 PM

What a sad day. I have been helped by Tammy and Cancer Concerns for a year. Tammy always offered strength, hope and compassion even though she was fighting such a tough battle. My heart goes out to her husband and children. Please know that even in a brief time, Tammy made an impact on those she touched. Her life was too short. It's not fair that bad things happen to such good people. Tammy will live on in our hearts and memories.
Unread 04-01-2004, 03:03 AM

God chooses the prettiest flowers for his garden, and Tammy was certainly one of them. Rest in peace dear Sister, and know that your living and passing has touched many hearts at Hystersisters.
Unread 04-01-2004, 06:13 AM

Tammy is entrusted to the Lord's care now, it seems He often takes the very best early. I pray our Heavenly Father will give peace and comfort to her family and to her many friends including the many "sisters" here who miss her so. peggiesue

"Even though I walk through the valley and the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me, your rod and your staff, they comfort me." Psalm 23:4"
Unread 04-02-2004, 07:49 AM

I was shocked to read about Tammy, and I am so sad for her family.
I just don't know what to say.

Tammy, you were such an inspiration to us all!
We will continue the fight that you so bravely led, and we will see you in that 'better place' someday.
We will eat tamales, drink cokes and feel the sunshine on our healthy bodies.

May God have a mansion for you,
Nancy J.
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register