Ablation | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-30-2004, 09:13 PM
Ablation

Has anyone heard of or had an endrometrial ablation procedure? I am scheduled and want to discuss this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2004, 06:34 AM
Ablation

Hi --

I don't have any experience with this myself, but you might find some information at this link I found in the Hystersister Resources:

http://pub76.ezboard.com/bendometrialablationboard

and hopefully some others with experience will come along and reply to you soon.

Good luck to you --

's

Ann
TAH/BSO 1/5/01
Unread 03-31-2004, 06:44 AM
Ablation

Hi

Welcome to HysterSisters!

Here is a link to a recent thread that discussed endometrial ablation. You may find it helpful, and the link that Ann supplied may also help.

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...trial+ablation

Best wishes, and I'm sure others who have had the procedure will be along to share their experiences.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2004, 06:48 AM
Ablation

Yes, I had an ablation in Sept. of 2002. I had this procedure along with a d&c, lap, and hysteroscopy. I had very heavy periods and clotting, too (result of enlarged uterus and fibroid).

The procedure is fairly simple, I had mine done on a Thursday and went back to work on Monday, although I feel I could have stayed home Monday yet, but that was because of the lap part of the procedure. I don't think I had all the anesthesia worked out of me and I was sore.

For a few days I had some spotting of blood, then for a good 6 or 7 weeks I had a yellow-ish spotting, which is normal (both color and time frame) that is from your uterus "weeping". From everything I read beforehand, as with any burn (mine was a thermal ablation), your bodies natural reaction is to do a self healing, thus the weeping.

It took a while to realize if I was going to have a period again or not, and I did, although it was NO WAY near what I had been experiencing before. I was lucky to only have a day or two of a medium spotting. However, over the course of the months my bleeding has picked up again and although I am still not anywhere near as bad as pre-ablation, I am having regular periods now, and this started over the last year. I know that my problems are coming back as far as the bleeding. For some it doesn't.

I know that I had to try this before any major operation such as the hyst, for my own mind and for insurance purposes. I'm glad I tried it. It definitely gave me some relief where otherwise I think I would have become severly anemic (rather than just mildly).

In my reading, it said that it is virtually impossible to get EVERY single bit of endometrial lining, and with that, it is possible for the lining to regrow. I don't know if this happened to me or not, my mind tells me that it did at least where my fibroid is.

I think it is definitely worth a try. Good luck to you.
Unread 03-31-2004, 06:51 AM
Ablation

Which type are you having? I may still have a couple of websites bookmarked, some by the manufacturers of the devices.
Unread 03-31-2004, 08:04 AM
Ablation

I just had this procedure done in February along with a D&C. I had been having heavy, prolonged periods with large clotting. I'm pretty sure that the procedure worked for me. I say it that way because during the ablation (actually the pathology report afterwards) showed I had HGSIL/CINIII/CIS of the cervix and I had to have another procedure. I've had to wear a pad for so long I no longer know what's normal...some days I don't even pay attention.

Anyhoo, the procedure was simple. I had a general anesthesia and my doc inserted a balloon into my uterus. He then filled the balloon with liquid and heated it up. This burned off the lining of my uterus. I never had any pain, no cramping and like esa said, had yellow tinted discharge.

I had mine done on a Tuesday, slept off the anesthesia that day and Wednesday and hosted my preschoolers Valentines day party on Thursday.
Unread 03-31-2004, 08:13 AM
Ablation

I had a hydrothermal ablation done in November. I bled constantly for four weeks after, and then it changed to the yellow/orange drainage for a few more weeks. My periods are definitely a little bit lighter than pre-ablation, but they're still lasting 15 days....that's the reason for my hyst. Well, that and the combined pain that goes with the periods. The procedure was easy. I had it done on a Friday and went back to work on Monday. There was some cramping for a few hours after the procedure, but it stopped rather suddenly. I didn't have any more cramping after that. I didn't take any pain meds, either. I also knew I had to at least give it a shot before having the hysterectomy. For a lot of women it really works.

Jenny
Unread 03-31-2004, 08:18 AM
Ablation

I had the Nova Sure ablation with D&C in June of last year. It wasn't bad at all. I had it to help with horrible periods... heavy bleeding, cramps, clots, and on and on. It did help for a little while with heaviest of the flow.

Really it was a pretty easy recovery for me. The pain for me wasn't any worse than I was already going through from having a c-section April 2003. I was sore, but couldn't really tell if was from the ablation or the c-section from before.

Hope this helps,
Carla

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register