I'm home.. I made it :) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm home.. I made it :) I'm home.. I made it :)

Unread 03-31-2004, 05:05 AM
I'm home.. I made it :)

HELLO EVERYONE!!! WELL I'M HOME... AND I MADE IT!!! IT WASN'T CANCER!!!! THANK YOU LORD!!!! I WILL SAY.. I AM A BIT SORE.. AND WANTING TO COUGH.. JUST KILLS ME. I CAN'T IMAGINE WHAT IT WILL FEEL LIKE TO SNEEZE. WELL.. THE DOCTOR WAS ABLE TO LEAVE MY OVARIES.. SO ALL SHE REMOVED WAS MY CANTALOPE SIZE UTERUS. SHE HAD TO MAKE THE BIKINI CUT A BIT LARGER AS TO BE ABLE TO REMOVE THE HORRIBLE THING.. BUT NONTHELESS.. I'VE GOT A BIKINI CUT.. VERSUS A LARGE INCISION FROM BELLY BUTTON DOWN. I TOOK THE ADVISE AND UPON ENTERING MY FRONT DOOR I TOOK JUST ONE CORRECTOL.. SO AS TO LESSEN THE PAIN WHEN HAVING TO FINALLY MOVE MY BOWELS. IT WAS STILL A BIT PAINFUL BUT NOTHING LIKE I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE. I AM ALLOWED TO TAKE A SHOWER TODAY.. WHICH I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO.. BUT REMOVING THE COVERING FROM INCISION.. NOT!!!! I WAS ABLE TO MAKE IT UP THE STAIRS.. I TOOK IT SIDEWAYS HOLDING ONTO THE RALLING.. AND VERY SLOWLY.. BUT I DID IT. THAT WAS A BIG CONCERN OF MINE. I AM JUST SO GLAD TO BE HOME.. TO HAVE THIS SURGERY BEHIND ME.. AND NOW INTO THE RECOVERY STAGE. I AM GOING TO CALL THE DOCTOR TODAY AND ASK FOR BETTER PAIN MEDS THOUGH.. I CAN'T SLEEP BUT AN HOUR HERE AN HOUR THERE... AS THE PAIN WAKES ME. THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR PRAYERS AND ENCOURAGING WORDS.. AND FOR THOSE OF YOU GETTING READY TO GO TO THE CASTLE.. PLEASE REMEMBER IT ISN'T GOING TO BE ALL THAT BAD.. NOT HALF AS BADLY AS WE MAKE IT OUT TO BE IN OUR MINDS. KNOW YOU ARE ALL IN THE GREATEST PHYSICIANS HANDS... JUST KEEP LOOKING UP.. HE WILL BE THERE WITH YOU ALWAYS!! GOD BLESS YOU ALL.. I WILL POST AGAIN SOON.

HUGS...
KARIN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2004, 08:07 AM

Welcome home Karin, You princesses are so wonderful to post when you get home, it is so reassuring to read your posts. LIW's are forever grateful to you all. Rest and be pampered you deserve it. I pray your recovery will go smoothly. God Bless You. Cheryl
Unread 03-31-2004, 08:49 AM
Home Again, Home Again!

Hi Karen,
Thank the Lord indeed! It's a very scarry thing to go through, at best. Remember the pain meds will slow the bowels,so keep up what ever the DR advised in regards to stool softners etc. Know all of our prayers are sent up daily for all of us. This is a blessed web site. Take real good care of yourself , this is your time to heal.
Love and Huggs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2004, 09:21 AM

Thank you Karen for letting us know that yo are home and doing well.
I can only imagine how difficult it must be.
I was told to take stool softeners after surgery. I went to Costco and bought their size package. I will be prepared or at least well stocked.
I'm still scared to death and it is all I can think of. I can;t concentrate on anything else.
I'm paralyzed with fear. I hate to see March end becasue that means April is here and it is closer to my date with the Dr.
Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how you ae doing..
Best wishes for a pleasant and speedy recovery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register