strange question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

strange question strange question

Unread 03-31-2004, 06:31 AM
strange question

what does it feel like when your uterus/cervix is dropped a little? For days I have felt like I have a tampon in and I don't. I feel alot of pressure down there and even had sex last night to ask dh if it felt different, He said it didn't. I have my pre-op next Friday so I'll ask about it then. I do have a "large orange" on top/front of my uterus. could this be pushing "stuff" down? It doesn't hurt just feels weird!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2004, 08:27 AM
strange question

I don't have any experience with this but it does sound as if that might be what happened...it sounds logical. It will be interesting to see if anybody with experience responds.

I'm sorry but I had to chuckle to myself when I read that you had sex last night to see if it felt different to DH. I can just hear my DH now, "Geez honey, if it makes you feel better I guess I could do it"
Unread 03-31-2004, 08:38 AM
strange question

yes, he was more than happy to take part in my "little experiment".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2004, 11:09 AM
strange question

I had a bit of uterine and bladder prolapse.....It feels just like a slipping tampon. I felt like I wanted to "push" all the time and clear everything out. The first week or so after TVH felt the same due to swelling. I'm noticing today that I don't feel that anymore..first time in years! YAY!
Unread 03-31-2004, 11:17 AM
strange question

Hi, I have no actual information about this, don't even remember what normal feels like anymore, but your idea makes sense. But, I just had to laugh about the DH...so wonderful of him to pitch in there for the cause of science! I am sure he will want to try the experiment in a variety of positions to see if it makes a difference. You know, if the uterus is falling down, maybe if you are upside down and he pushes on it, it will fix it?
akita
Unread 03-31-2004, 11:43 AM
strange question

it's great to be able to laugh about our "problems". So glad they will be fixed soon!
Unread 03-31-2004, 12:15 PM
strange question

That pressure feeling very well may be rectocele, cystocele or uterine prolapse. Here's the only thing that helped me. Kneel in a knees to chest position on your bed. You know, head and chest touching the mattress, butt way up in the air? Stay that way for a little while. Also, ibuprofen can reduce the swelling.

And, yes, it does feel exactly like a full tampon ready to come out!

Sheanie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register