true confessions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

true confessions true confessions

Unread 03-31-2004, 08:44 AM
true confessions

Well, before I confess.......Promise you all want hound me..

I know I'm very lucky to have had such a smooth textbook LAVH...recovery and etc.

But, I kinda wished I had had a pain or two so I could have strung along some of the the DH's attention. Maybe a needed trip back to the doctor/hospital. Who knows....
I know I know that's awful ...but, we tell it all here and I'm doing just that!

I guess I could pretend a pain or two and DH would go ooh and aahh...but, can't do that to good. So...I'm doing great and it's only been 9 days (3/22) and If anyone looked at me they would have to say "you don't look like u have had major surgery". And I've been already been doing the laundry, bed making, dishwashing...Swiffering...But, no vacuuming yet...So I'm at least holding that big vacuum machine for my DH.

Now.........don't scream at me for being honest & silly......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2004, 08:57 AM
true confessions

Oh!! Sweetie u a bad girl but u know u r, it,s understandable that u want comforting and attention, yes u have been through a major op and just because u feel ok at 9 days does,nt mean u too should not b taking it easy and gettin help, just because u look fine does,nt mean u showed be doing all the things ur doing, so, stop, i neva did anything for 2 weeks, i made cupps of tea etc, u have to heal inside even though u feel well, i felt betta the first 2 weeks out of the castle than i do now, so, plz, sweetie b good, heal yourself, will b worth it months down the line if ur good now and rest, explain to dh just cos u look an feel good, u gotta rest an take it easy to, best wishes to u take care
Unread 03-31-2004, 09:12 AM
true confessions

You are being a BAD princess.

Your body needs time to heal. Give it a little more rest and healing time before you dive back into the grind. You only have one chance to heal right. Even if you don't have a huge incision site to show, you've had a lot of work done inside and have a lot of internal stitches. Please sit down and put your feet up and take it easy for a little while longer.

s
Cat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2004, 09:31 AM
true confessions

I LOVE it! LOL
Puppet
Unread 03-31-2004, 10:22 AM
true confessions

Be careful what you wish for.....If you don't take it easy you might be back in the hospital.......Let your body heal, it needs time...........Lots of hugs... Cindybean...
Unread 03-31-2004, 10:48 AM
true confessions

Hi Girls
I too had a pretty easy time after my TVH. 1 week after surgery I went to work twice for like a couple of hours at a time and also went in to my scrapbook store to check in on things several times. I'm not real sure that was a good thing, I think it slowed down my recovery alot as well as making everyone think that I was ok when I really was not. I guess what I'm getting at is dont try to be too tough you may pay for it later!

HAVE A GREAT DAY
Unread 03-31-2004, 11:10 AM
true confessions

I think we need a pix of what went on inside to show us and remind us zactly what's happening in our belly's after surgery.

Right????
Unread 03-31-2004, 11:34 AM
true confessions

wants pics?
visit www.pelvicfloor.com
Unread 03-31-2004, 11:35 AM
true confessions

The page cannot be displayed

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register