Granny Panties | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Granny Panties Granny Panties

Unread 03-31-2004, 10:31 AM
Granny Panties

This is kind of a frivolous question, but does anyone know when your incision has healed enough to wear bikini panties? We are getting into the warmer weather up north, and I've been wearing these granny panties because they don't rub on my incision(vertical- to my navel). With all the low rider pants that are in style, it doesn't look good to have the high cut underwear showing out the top. I've been able to wear lots of layers in the cold weather so it hasn't been a problem yet. Thanks for your help.

Aurora
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2004, 10:37 AM
Granny Panties

I had to at your post! This morning I put on my faithful stretch pants with the stripes down the side. I thought to myself, "why don't I put on the t-shirt that actually goes with these rather than that long one I've been wearing?"

Well, honey, those granny panties were just staring at me as big as ever! Here I stood with grey stretch pants with a wide black band, and PINK GRANNY panties sticking over the top of them by at least 3 inches! YIKES! My so-called t-shirt was quickly put back onto the hanger and I reached for a sweat shirt instead!

I cannot wait to toss those things AWAY!

Unread 03-31-2004, 10:50 AM
Granny Panties

I never thought I'd be grateful for the long Canadian winters, but this year the cool weather sure has been helpful! Thanks for the laugh , I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Aurora
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2004, 11:06 AM
Granny Panties

Wow ladies! I am pre-op and hearing so much about the swelly belly getting worse, I am in granny panties even now, and growing out of them! I am so impressed that you guys are already wearing low riders! Thanks for giving me hope that there may be cute jeans in my future! From my previous body's experiences, I know that Victoria;s Secret stores and catalog has a little thing called a V-string, that is a g-string that just barely comes up above the pubic bone...I have a tattoo just above the hairline, and I was able to wear these without touching it when it was healing. Hardly the same thing, I know, but they are teensy-low. Really cute under low-cut yoga pants...and suprisingly comfy.
Congratulations on the cool tummies!
akita
Unread 03-31-2004, 11:10 AM
Granny Panties

look at it this way, with the style of "anything goes" these days, and many people wearing their underwear and pajamas in public, maybe you could start a new fashion trend by wearing the panties 3 inches above the jeans
Unread 03-31-2004, 11:35 AM
Granny Panties

Oh my gosh!

Lamb and Lion, you are a genius! You know, we could all make millions! I never thought of it before, but hey, like you said, with today's "anything goes" market, I think you're on to something!

Last night I went to walmart and felt bad because I was dressed so comfortably! They were exercise pants of course, but nevertheless, you know how it is with a limited wardrobe! Lo' and behold, what do I see? A lady walking around in pajama pants! Seriously! They were not the ones that you had to ask yourself if they were or not. They were DEFINITELY pajamas. They were the thin kind like men's boxers. You could see right through them! Hmmm.....perhaps she's setting a new trend as well! Oh, and she didn't have a post-op figure. She had on a short crop top and was strutting her stuff!

I sure needed to laugh today! Thank you all for being a bright spot!
Unread 04-03-2004, 12:02 PM
Big Knickers

Hi everyone

I'm 4 weeks post op tah. I have just found website and have so far felt relieved, but now your scaring me. I can't wait to wear my normal sized knickers, my daughter calls them apple catchers and my husband wants to hold a ceremonial burning (if I ever get out of them). Just as well the clothes I am having to wear hides them.
Unread 04-03-2004, 05:47 PM
Granny Panties

Hi Ruby. Sorry to scare you. I'm sure we'll all be recovering very soon. I just have this vertical incision from my TAH, and it is still rubbing and tender. From what I have read elsewhere on this site, when we have all recovered, many of the women have raved that at last they can wear very feminine lingerie, without the worry of " auntie flo". Something for us to look forward to after wearing our "apple catchers" or granny panties.
Must mention, I love the English terms. My Dad came from England, and I still have many cousins, aunts, and uncles in England. Hope you get out of your apple catchers in time for the lovely spring in England.

Aurora
Unread 04-03-2004, 06:32 PM
Granny Panties

The granny panties are gone!

Ladies....the let the burning ceremonies begin!

I was about 5 1/2 weeks post op....when I tried on my 'normal' undies. The first few days were not as quite as comfy as I had remembered(I hate to admit that the granny panties were actually comfortable - unattractive, but comfy none the less).

Now at a few days past 7 weeks.....I've banished them to the back of the drawer.

Well Wishes to All!

Peg
Unread 04-03-2004, 06:44 PM
Granny Panties

29US

When you started with normal undies, did your stomach still feel so icky that even a t-shirt touching bugged you? If not, when did that part stop? I can't do this much longer, I'll be BALD!:hair:

Tugs

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register