Just Checking In - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just Checking In Just Checking In

Unread 04-01-2004, 07:53 AM
Just Checking In

Hi Forgen,

i just read Audrey;s suggestion about UC Davis and I want to really encourage you to go there if possible,. Dr. Phillip Schneider is the Dr who operated on me twicw and he is as compassionate as skillful. He gave me his e-mail and told me to ask any questions about my condition and he always answers me quickly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2004, 08:23 AM
Just Checking In

Hi Forgen!

It is so good to see you online, I missed your words of wisdom. I'm so glad that you have family helping you to get through this insane medical system so that you can have your surgery right away! My thoughts and prayers are with you for getting this operation scheduled and over with immediately.

Beth
Unread 04-01-2004, 09:39 AM
Just Checking In

Dear Forgen,
My thoughts and prayers are with you too. I pray that the wait will be over very soon and that in the meantime you will have some relief from the pain. I can't believe they made you wait this long!! If the doctor had to walk in your shoes for even one hour!

With love and a
from Monalees
TAH/BSO for endometrial & endocervical carcinoma/Dec/02
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2004, 10:26 AM
Just Checking In

Dear Forgen,

You poor thing. I just do not understand why they would wait so long. It seems derelict. Why would they let your condition deteriorate further? If they didn't have any space on their schedule, they should have referred you out. It doesn't sound like there is any time to spare, but I certainly don't know much about your cancer or how it moves.

You should not have to be thinking about anything but recovery. Please -- as others have said -- get someone to demand that surgery date. The calls should be made daily until a firm date is set.

What rationale have they given you for not providing a surgery date?

I hope you don't let the pain get to you. I can't even imagine how awful it must be. But I hope the pain meds are helping.

Sending you strength and a big hug and prayers!
Unread 04-01-2004, 10:28 AM
Just Checking In

((((Forgen))))
I want to also agree with what everyone has written to you. I have followed your posts and I think about you and pray for you alot! 's
Unread 04-01-2004, 05:58 PM
Just Checking In

Forgen,
glad to see your post, sorry about your pain and the wait.
You are in my prayers.
Andrea
Unread 04-01-2004, 08:52 PM
Just Checking In

Thanks, Forgen, for posting and letting us know how you're doing. Gee, I'm so sorry about the pain you're dealing with. Perhaps you could talk to someone on the hospital's pain management team. Maybe they'll find something for you that doesn't zone you out like the morphine does. Of course, pain management is the goal.

I hope you get your surgery date ASAP!! Let us know when you do get the date.

God bless,
Unread 04-12-2004, 01:55 PM
Just Checking In

Forgen, I said another prayer for you today. I hope with all my heart that your wait for surgery is over. Thinking of you,
sending a
Monalees
Unread 04-13-2004, 07:11 PM
I am so glad you posted!

I am sorry that you have to wait for your surgery! You have been on my mind and in my prayers. let's hope your next post is about your surgery date! Remember that you are prayed for lots and we are all cheering for you!
Unread 04-13-2004, 08:12 PM
... so good to hear from you ...

Dear Forgen:

How good it was to see your post - I haven't been on line for a few days and was glad to see your post - but not glad to hear all that you are going through.

You have received some lovely suggestions from our dear ladies and I agree with what they have said. When we are in pain and have so many concerns it's important to have others do some of our bidding with the medical profession.

Please let us know of your surgery date - you are in my thoughts and I send you a big but gentle hug.

Wishing you well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register