Kinda Odd "problem" - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Kinda Odd "problem" Kinda Odd "problem"

Unread 04-05-2004, 08:57 AM
Kinda Odd "problem"

Jeni and Laura:

Thank you so much for your kind words. I knew I could count on my sisters for support and understanding.

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2004, 10:49 AM
Kinda Odd "problem"

(((Michelle))):

I'm very much in the same boat, but on two fronts: I have herniated discs with degeneration in my neck for which surgery might be an option; and my doctor and I are pretty sure that many of my current pelvic pain problems are due to adhesions "gluing" part of my colon/rectum to my bladder . She's already said that the GYN-oncologists would have to do any adhesolysis.

My attitude has been very similar to yours, a variation on the "devil you know is better than the devil you don't" with the thinking being that if my pain levels aren't ruling my life (they aren't -- they go from a fairly constant background level of about 3 or 4 up to 7 once or twice a week, and my neurosurgeon is excellent about pain control) then why tinker?

I'm holding my breath here, though: I kept my cervix, and my Paps have been showing CIN (cervical neoplasm). If that continues, I do have to go back for an open procedure to remove my cervix . No telling what that would produce! I'm two years out, and I still maintain that this is so much less than the pain that I had with my endo and giant mass -- it's OK, overall, with me, and I DON'T want to mess with it!

Audrey
Unread 04-05-2004, 12:04 PM
Kinda Odd "problem"

Audrey:

Thanks for the understanding. Even my best friend of 23 years is siding with my doctor in saying that the pain I am having needs to be addressed. And I am saying, "no, its not daily pain". Its only life limiting, not life threatening ... leave well enough alone. And, I don't really expect my friend to understand. She cares deeply about me and it hurts to see someone you love in pain. I am not faulting her for not knowing what she can't know.

Heckuva boat, isn't it? I'm that your CIN does not continue and you can stay your current course. If not, perhaps you can get a 2 for 1 and the gyn onc will free up your adhesions and by some merciful twist of fate, the adhesions will not come back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2004, 12:57 PM
Kinda Odd "problem"

Don't do anything YOUR not ready for. You're not saying you'll never do anything about the pain, just that you're not doing anything about it right now.
Unread 04-06-2004, 12:29 AM
Kinda Odd "problem"

Quote:
You're not saying you'll never do anything about the pain, just that you're not doing anything about it right now.
Thank you, (((not sitting))): I think it sums up exactly how I feel...

(((Michelle))), thanks for the prayers. I am hopeful my immune system can fight this off, but it seems that those of us with auto-immune issues may have a harder time eradicating the virus. I'd love it if I could manage to free up a few adhesions at the same time. I still think some of my adhesions came from the fact that I had a severe allergic reaction just prior to the surgery, and then had another reaction to the mask used for anesthesia. Although I was on steroids, the inflammation, I'm sure, didn't help!

I think we each have to find our own balance in this. Obviously, if cancer is an issue, or bowel obstruction or diverticulitis, then that's one thing. You know that you have to do something about it, for better or worse. But if you have a pain level that you can live within, and that responds to rest, medication, distraction or whatever -- well, I totally understand a reluctance to explore the issue any further.

Audrey

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register