Info & Whats up with me?... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Info & Whats up with me?... Info & Whats up with me?...

Unread 04-02-2004, 04:29 AM
All prayers are welcome! And get this...

Surferbabe: I managed very well even with endo compared to my attendance rates @ work, family functions, etc now.

One thing that's interesting - Sjorns & scleroderma are branches off the same tree and often overlap. I'm certainly not qualified to dx anyone but you might want to check out the national arthritis foundation's site and www.nih.gov for those symptoms - Scleroderma isn't always noticable on the skin (although mine seems to be - we'll know for sure soon) it does cause abdominal problems (IBS/constipation and blockages and diverticulitis is noted as one of the symptoms). They're all overlapping and interconnected - like endo - and they are examining the hrt theories and triggers. They now know that hrt controls pain in women (and they have a study backing it up - low progesterone/estrogen = more pain, just enough = lower pain) I'll see if I can find that study for you...

Also, auto immune diseases are finally being investigated for the hormone issues that seem to trigger and or worsen them. No informed doctor would dimiss your theory if they're keeping up on the research it all says that women are stricken more often than men and the menstual cycle seems to worsen the symptoms at various points in the cycle. Post menopausal women have it doubly bad according to the studies.

I'm off my feet today, trying to go to work after ANOTHER doctors appointment. That's another scary thing, even with insurance, I fully expect to lose my home before this over due to mounting medical bills. Losing my income is the other fear. All sorts of fears and very little comfort at this point. I've always relied on my mind and that was good enough even when my body failed, now I find that it's being attacked from all sides as well - Lyme, Lupus, Scleroderma. I got up and the things I thought were nothing, seem to be something - like the pin prick red dots that started covering my body post hyst, and the splotches of skin that turned brown, then scaled over and turned hard....and the fact that I can barely open my mouth now....

90+ is how I feel too....

Dany - I've read about that diet - Lorenzo's Oil was based off that very diet and was developed by PARENTS not doctors to save their son's life. We really are responsible for finding our own answers....but when you're weak and have no advocates, you're pretty much out of luck.

As I said...all prayers are welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2004, 08:19 AM
Info & Whats up with me?...

{{{{{{{{Angie}}}}}} First, let me send you some big s Second, let me tell you how you are helping others. My best friend's DD who is only 14 has been having a myriad of medical problems with no definite diagnosis for the past 8 months. Lyme disease was always the root of the possible diagnosis. I won't bore you with the details, but because of your article on Amy Tan which I forwarded to my friend, her DD has an appt. to see Dr. Bach! Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you! Please know that you are in my prayers.......

Emily for all of you on this Road
Unread 04-02-2004, 02:59 PM
'YEAH!

I'm glad I could help someone! and fyi... doc wants to see my son the one I was preg. with when i 1st contracted it!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register