Body aches are out of control! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Body aches are out of control! Body aches are out of control!

Unread 04-01-2004, 07:06 PM
Body aches are out of control!

I don't know what is going on, but lately my entire body aches so badly. I have fibro which has been lurking in the back ground since surgery, not really bothering me too much. I was taking Bextra for it before surgery. The last couple of days it seems that the fibro has come back with a vengeance. I can barely stand it. I know that it is not a virus. My left arm and shoulder are the worst, with it traveling into my neck, or vice versa. I have been much more active lately because my doctor gave me Adderall to counteract the affects of the other drugs that I am taking. Maybe it is the Adderall, but the idea of giving that up is unacceptable to me because I feel somewhat normal as far as my energy level goes. However, on the other hand I am eating Tylenol and Ibuprofen like candy and it is barely touching it. Does anyone have any suggestions or similar experiences? I am also ADD so Adderall is indicated for that as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2004, 08:38 PM

Hi ((((Kelou))))) So sorry you're having such a hard time right now

While I do not (officially: I've been having "arthritic pain"... just don't know what type of artritis-like condition is causing it) have fibro, I do have arthritic pain. I live in Canada, in an area that is known for it's humidity. And, this being the first day of April, it has been extremely damp. Therefore, my "arthritic pain" is flaring like crazy.

Is it unusually humid where you live? Even damp heat can increase arthritic symptoms.

Are you under an unusual amount of stress? Fibro being an auto-immune condition, stress is one of it's trigger.

Regarding the Adderall: have you mentionned these symptoms to your doctor? While I understand that you do not want to stop taking a med that is helping you, it might simply be a question of tweaking the dosage.

Sending lots of s your way. Hope you feel better soon. Please keep us posted.
Unread 04-02-2004, 10:29 AM

(((kelou))),
I'm sorry your symptoms have increased soo I have Fibro also and notice a flare when the weather is colder, stress is higher than usual, one of my other conditions worsens ect..
Could any of those be the cause of yours?? My body hurts soo bad, there are times I cant get up. My Hands & arms swell up so tight I cant hold an object, make a fist..nothing :cry: Fibro is such a painful syndrome...did you have your DX prior to your Hyst? Mine was bought on by my own Hyst & the trauma of 2 additional surgeries afterwards, all in a 4.5 month time frame <sigh>

I take Adderall too...I have CFS which causes the extreme fatigue. That along with the side-effects of the numerous meds I take to control my Chronic pain & other conditions result in a very-low energy level. It has helped me considerably with the extreme tiredness I experienced before! Do you take the XR < time release capsules>? Or the short acting tabs? I've been on this med for about 3.5 yrs...I've switched to each of those before when one seemed to not work as well. For me the XR works the best, although, I do have to take one upon awakening then I take the 2nd & last one about 5 hrs later. Before doing that, I took it only in the morning but found it wore off around 6 or so & I'd be ready to go to bed.
I agree with ((Dany)) about discussing these symptoms with your Dr to find out if it's related...how long have you been on the Adderall? Here is a link I found that contains info on this med..maybe it can help you find out if these symptoms can be a result of this:

http://www.adderallxr.com/index.asp

There is also a lot of info on FMS in the Resources Directory here on HS.....here is the link:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/link.php?s=

Good Luck ((Kelou)) in finding some answers & relief to this Pls keep us posted on how things are going for you

((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2004, 02:21 PM
I too suffer from fibro

I too suffer from fibro but getting the drs to treat it is a different story. They all say there is not a treatment and that I have to just suffer through the pain. Somedays I hurt so bad I can't move. I used to think it was in my head but after three drs gave me the same dxs I am convinced that it is fibro.... I have like ten of the twelve pressure points... Mine started after the very tramatic birth of my first son. My back and neck was so bad I couldn't straighten it out. And my neck I couldn't turn it. It still gets that way.
Well, I hope you guys have drs that are a little more compassionate. Good luck
lol
Jeni
Unread 04-02-2004, 04:07 PM

((Dany)) Yes, and Yes. I probably live in the most humid part of the world. South Georgia on the coast. I do notice more pain during rainy days, but the humidity is almost always present here so I am not sure that affects my Fibro. The Rheumy that I saw said I do not have arthritis. And yes, the stress level has been through the ceiling lately. We have had many changes in our family's lives lately. Things have settled down a lot for the past two days. I guess I will talk to my Psychiatrist. I just had the fear that he would take the Adderall away and I need it to function at all.
((Sheri)) I did have my Fibro before surgery. I wondered how the surgery would affect the Fibro. My Fibro was diagnosed years ago. I was 1st diagnosed with Epstein Barr after my third miscarriage, then Chronic fatigue, and now Fibro. I have had five miscarriages (seems there must be some connection since after each one I had the onset of Fibro and Chronic fatique and many other weird symptoms). I do consider myself to have auto-immune problems. I don't take the long acting Adderall. I am on 20mg twice a day. I am not supposed to take the second one after 3:00pm, but I have and it hasn't been a problem. I don't go past 5:00pm though. I forgot to mention that I am also ADD. I have been on the Adderall for about a month now. I will reiterate that there has been lots of stress and drama here with my son and his girlfriend who suffers with MPD. She moved out two days ago and my son got a job so things are smoothing out a bit. Hopefully so will my aches and pains. Thanks for your replies and I hope we will all find an answer to the chronic pain.
Unread 04-02-2004, 08:31 PM

(((Kelou)))) I also live in a very humid area, however, over here, we also have the 4 seasons. Even though the humidity is omnipresent, there are days when it's more obvious: like today, when it's actually raining. Also, there seems to be a difference for my pain between damp heat and cold dampness... but both will be more likely to cause flareups than just plain humidity in temperate weather. Days like today are usually pretty bad for me, because they not only bring on the arthritic pain, they also bring on the allergic flares

Hang in there and I do hope that your doctor will work with you to find the approach that is right for both your Fibro and to keep your energy at a reasonable level.
Unread 04-03-2004, 07:02 PM
hello

I am a LIW for TAH but I read lots of different posts.
I have had fibro for 17 years, I am 46
I know it may not be easy to find a Dr who will give you narcotic pain pills but they are out there. I am single and have to work and have taken them for four years. I could not work without them. You can get them just to take during flares.
If you can tolerate them, please talk to your Dr. or find a Dr. who will let you try some. Maybe a pain management clinic.

I also have cfs. I get no medicine for that as they said there is nothing to help. I have felt like a walking dead person for 17 years. I am going to check out that medicine you take. My exhuastion is the worst part of it in my opinion.

You are in my prayers.
Unread 04-03-2004, 08:34 PM

((Kelou & Dany)),
I have a huge increase in pain during the winter months...I dread the colder seasons & pray for the warmer months to come I'd say I experience about a 30-40% reduction in my pain levels during the summer We vacation in Daytona Beach Shores, Florida every year and while were there my pain is soo low during that time...when I asked my Rheumy about it she said others has stated the same! I've considered moving there but am unable to due to personal reasons but when I retire, Florida, here I come
I've also heard Arizona has the same effect...I have an article somewhere on my PC that discusses the relationship between FMS & Climate, I'll look around for it so I can share.

Quote:
I will reiterate that there has been lots of stress and drama here with my son and his girlfriend who suffers with MPD. She moved out two days ago and my son got a job so things are smoothing out a bit. Hopefully so will my aches and pains. Thanks for your replies and I hope we will all find an answer to the chronic pain.
Stress is also a huge factor in my flares...this sounds like it could be for you also ((Kelou))
I do hope it settles down for you soon.....(((hugs)))
Unread 04-13-2004, 03:37 AM

Hi.
I haven't been here for a while cos my surgery was June '02, and in the main I'm ok. I do have some bouts of depression, and I have also been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia post op. I have found through research and exclusion diets that my pain is much less if I avoid eating too much carbohydrate. Not as restricting as Atkins but keeping off bread, potatoes, rice etc, and only taking carbs in in the form of fruit, veg, and the small amounts in Dairy products.
Hope this helps.
Debs.
Unread 04-14-2004, 09:46 PM

((Sheri)) My doctor has just changed me to the Adderall XR. I like the way it works better. I also realized that I had refills on my Bextra that I used to take and got it filled. I am doing better now. It seems that I have bouts of pain certain days more than others.
((UKDebs)) My chiropractor also told me about the exclusion diet for fibro. I was on "Sugar Busters" and I did think that I felt a difference in my symptoms. He insisted that fibro patients stay away from any wheat products. He said it has been proven that wheat has a component that is known to increase pain levels in the body.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register