"cancerhead" again--first post op pap less than a week - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

"cancerhead" again--first post op pap less than a week "cancerhead" again--first post op pap less than a week

Unread 04-04-2004, 11:07 AM
"cancerhead" again--first post op pap less than a week

Thank you all for the warm posts. I'm glad I've decided to come back to these boards. Life had gotten hectic with work and the kids(which I don't mind hectic with my kids). Anyways-thank you all again. I realize that this, too, shall pass.

I seem to be on the other spectrum though. I have so many aches and pains that just AREN'T normal. My DH keeps telling me to go back to the doc.....however, I feel as though if I go in, either:
1. I will look like a fool because there isn't anything wrong with me
2. Worse.......

SO-ARGH!

I will be bringing up some of the other probs to my GYN/ONC. (leaky bladder-signs of IBS--I have frequent "NOW" urges from both ends and have a hard time holding it!) Sorry, probably TMI!

Again, thank you for listening!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2004, 05:41 PM

No, Liz it's not TMI!

Your post op symptoms are well known to many of us!!!

The Kegel exercises are a simple way that many of us have taken care of the "urgency" problem--and aches/pains seem to affect many of us, too, esp in the joints.

Trust me, this is a big club and we all understand.

Blessings.
Marlene
Unread 04-04-2004, 06:07 PM

Liz - hang in there - it will get better. I have the urgency thing too - when I have to go - it has to be NOW! My GYN just wrote me a consultation with a physical therapist who specializes in strengthening pelvic floor muscles. I haven't made an appt yet - but am going to call tomorrow to do so. It's something you may look into - keep doing those kagels (sp?) too as Marl suggests.

I will let you know how the exercises work out. I have heard from other friends who had hysterectomies without cancer, that sometimes is takes a long while for the bladder and bowel function to completely get back to normal.

Jan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2004, 06:47 PM

Hi: It's been a long time since I posted. I think I've tried to fool myself into thinking I really don't belong here and didn't ever have cancer. When I read about all the brave women here, I feel like such a coward. Right now I have such a bad case of cancerhead. I have to have a Cat Scan tomorrow and I just dread it. All the bad memories and fears from last summer come rushing back. I went into the surgery with a negative uterine biopsy and then found out 2 weeks after sugery that I had cancer. I just couldn't believe it was true. I've already had two repeat pap smears, both negative, and this will be my second CT scan. Nothing showed up in the first one in Sept., and my gyno. anticipates no problems, but he didn't last summer either. I'm just so darn afraid. My dad died of cancer at 58, same age as I'll be in May. I know I'm lucky that I haven't needed any more treatment, but does anyone ever feel sure of anything again? I feel like my whole world has been turned upside down. Does anything help? Last summer I finally just got so tired of being so sad I had to improve my outlook, I hope that doesn't happen again! Nancy
Unread 04-07-2004, 06:11 PM

I too am probably in denial that I was diagnosed with uterine cancer. I just think of it a surgery to remove something I no longer need. But I really know that's not true. I come to this site so that I express my feelings, since I am not to good at showing them to my family and friends even though I know they will support me. I have always been the strong one, and I can't have people perceive me as anything else. I was beside myself when the diagnosis was made, but all I kept telling myself and my loved ones that it was no big deal. Have the surgery, recuperate and get on with life. This way of life has always worked for me, but now that I have my first f/u I am frightened of the outcome, since by DR never expected to get reports of cancer. I guess all I can do is continue to think positive and deal with whatever comes my way. Women are a very strong species , and we have the ability to be superwomen, which I plan to continue to be.
We all have to keep on living, otherwise, where would our familes be without us.
Unread 04-08-2004, 01:02 PM

That first year or two is stressful. Please remember that Tammy's case was the exception. (poor thing) Stage 1B is curable 85-95% of the time. Hopefully, you will post a joyful post in a few weeks. I remember my first "It's normal post!" It felt so good.
Unread 04-11-2004, 03:03 AM

OMG Toni, if your name wasn't signed on the bottom of that post, I would have mistaken it for something that I had written. I feel exactly the same way.

I understand about Tammy being the exception. I am a member on another site, and it is mostly ladies scared to death of dysplasia, just like I was. I always tell them "You only have a 2% chance that it's cancer. I have made that % even lower for you!!!"

Well, two more days. It's NOT going to get to me tomorrow. Tomorrow is for God and my Family!
Unread 04-11-2004, 04:52 PM

Well 4/8 came and turned out to be wonderful, if you think of a visit to the DR for a f/u cancer visit wonderful. Everything healed great, all nodes and fluid tests were clear. I returned to the office dancing. Was my 21 year old daughter happy to see this. Only f/u now is in 6 months for a pap. I thought he was going to do one then, but her said based on the test results, it wasn't necessary nor was a CT scan. I must honestly say, I feel great, almost as though I never had surgery, however, those d*** hot flashes remind me every nite!! Next comes the bone density test so that we can have a baseline, and then my endocrinologist for my thyroid, then a mamo and a f/u with my surgeon for the mamo results. All these doctor appointments, and I feel better than I haev in a long time!!
Thanks for all your prayers and good thoughts, I'll be thinking of you all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register